His Selfishness

99 Paper Cranes (Completed)
A/N this chapter is not possible without the help of my friend and my fan, josche :) anyway, i'm already seeing some light in this story... enjoy reading! please don't forget to leave comments

--

"Danson.... there's something you should know about me and Kit...” Jiro began. Danson just nodded his head and began to listen to him. “I told you about Tin before... and I've told you about how I feel about her....” Jiro said Danson nodded his head again. “Yes, I know about Tin... but what does it have to do about Kit?” he asked. “Dan... I am Tin...” Kit said. Then, she looked up at Jiro and smiled. “And I decided to give Jay another chance...”

Danson looked at them, surprised at what they said. He could not believe the turn of events. First, he found out that Kit is the paper crane girl. Then, Jiro and Joy broke up because of Tin. Then, Calvin and Joy got together, and he is somewhat wondering how Joy could have easily moved on. And then, this – Kit's revelation that she is Tin. “You are Tin?” Danosn asked Kit in disbelief. Kit smiled and nodded his head. “And... and the two of you...” Jiro smiled at him, and then looked lovingly at Kit. “Yes, we're together now...” he said. “Together after 10 years of suffering.” Danson smiled at them, but his mind is somewhat confused. He is happy that Jiro found Tin, finally. He is happy that he sees Kit happy with him. But the fact still remains that Kit is in love with Calvin - or have she finally gave up on him? “B-but Kit...” he said as he turned to her. “Danson...” he heard Jiro say. “I know that you love Kit. I know that you've been pursuing that. We're telling you this because we don't want you to wait for nothing. I love Tin... and I know that she loves me as well.” he said. Danson sighed as he turned to Kit again. “That's the thing... are you really sure that Kit really loves you?” he wanted to say. “Danson...” he heard Kit say. He looked up at her and turned to a smile. “You are a lucky girl, for Jiro have loved you for so long...” he said. Then, he looked at Jiro. “Will you promise to always love and care for Kit?” he asked him. Jiro smiled and nodded his head. “I promise...” he said. Then, he looked at Kit again. “Kit, are you sure of how you feel for Jiro? Are you sure that you are willing to take this chance and love him?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. “I do...” she said in a low voice. “It's settled then. As long as the two of you are happy, then you have my blessing.” he said.

Jiro and Kit were both surprised and happy at what he said. “Danson... you don't know how much this means to us.” Jiro said to him. “I know. I wish the two of you happiness...” Danson said, and then he looked at Kit and smiled at her. “Especially you, Kit. I hope you will find your happiness with Jiro. And I hope that you will love him the way that he loves you...” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head.

--

“I thought Chun told me that you have something to tell me as well?” Kit asked Danson as soon as they were alone. “Oh, it's nothing...” he said. “Come on, tell me.”
“Promise me that you won't feel hurt, OK?”
“And why would I be hurt?”
Danson just gave her a smile. “I realized I'm barking at the wrong tree all this time. I don't really love you. I realized that I only care for you as a friend.” he said. Kit looked at him, unable to believe what he said. “Really?” she asked. Danson just nodded his head. “Let me guess... because of Hannah?” she asked. It was Danson's turn to give her a surprised look. “Am I that obvious?” he asked. Kit laughed at him and nodded her head. “I knew from the start that you love her. That's one of the reasons why I couldn't accept your love... because I know that you really don't love me, but Hannah.” she explained. “And am I so glad that you never gave me that chance, or I wouldn't feel this way.” he said. “So, when are you planning to tell Hannah?” Kit asked. Danson looked at her and smiled. “I'm planning to go to Vienna as soon as the semester is over. Surprise visit, then love confession.” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head.

There were silence between them for a while, and then Danson began to speak up again. “Kit... are you really sure that you love Jiro?” he asked. Kit nodded her head. “How about Calvin?” he asked again. Kit paused, and then looked at him. “I think its about time that I give myself that chance to be loved by someone that I love...” she said. Then, she turned her gaze away and looked down at the ground. “I was nine when we met, and I knew the moment that I saw him that I am in love with Jay. It just so happens that a lot of things happened that separated us...” she explained. Then, she looked up at him again and smiled. “I will not lie anymore, Danson. I still have feelings left for Calvin, but I realized that I have to give him up because the fact remains that he could never be mine. Somehow, I'm getting tired of giving all my love to someone who couldn't return it to me.”

Danson understands what she was trying to say. He reached for her hand and held it, and then gave her an assuring smile. “Just always remember that I will be here for you. If you feel that your heart is getting confused between those two guys, or if you feel that you are doubting yourself if you love Jiro or not, you can always talk to me. I will enlighten you.” he said. Kit looked at him and smiled, and then she nodded her head. “I'll bear that in mind...” she said. “You know, you should give your heart to Jiro. Love him like the way you love Calvin... because if you still have that love for Calvin... in the end you will hurt a lot of people, especially yourself.” he said.

Just then, Jiro came over them. “Hey, do you mind if I take my girlfriend now?” he asked Danson. Danons looked up at him and nodded his head. “Thanks for giving us the time to talk.” he said. Kit stood up from her seat, and then Jiro put his arm around her. “Thanks for everything, Danson, most especially for understanding us.” he said to Danson. Danson just smiled and nodded his head. “Take care of Kit, OK?” he said. Jiro smiled and nodded his head. The two said goodbye to him, and as the left, Danson watched them. He is happy that Jiro have finally found Tin. He is happy to know that Kit feels the same for Jiro, but he couldn't help but worry about Kit. He jut hope that her love for Calvin would totally fade away. Because if she realizes that she loves Calvin more than she loves Jiro, she will not only risk herself from getting hurt, but also hurt the heart of the man who truly loves her.

--

The next day...

As soon as Kit got out of the library, she heard her phone ring. She took it from her bag, and saw Jiro's name flashing on the screen. She smiled as she answered the phone. “Hi, Jay.” she said sweetly. “Hey, princess. Done with your research?” he asked. “Yup. Done with it. I thought you'll meet me here outside the library?” she asked. “Change of plans. Anyway, do you know the mini theater a block away from the school?”
“Yeah, I know that one...”
“OK, I'll meet you there in a while.”
“I thought you made reservations at our favorite restaurant?”
“I did, but I want to show you something first. I'll see you there.”
Before Kit could ask further questions to him, Jiro ended the call. “Why would he want to meet up at the theater?” she thought. Kit sighed and shook her head. He lips curved into a smile. “Maybe he is up to something again...” she said to herself.

As she got on her way to meet Jiro, she heard her phone ring again. Thinking it's Jiro, she didn't bother to look at the screen to check who's calling. “I'm on my way.” she said. “On your way to where?” she heard Calvin's voice on the other line. She paused, her smile slowly fading from her lips. “Oh, Cal... I never thought it's you.” she said. “Of course it's me. Hey, are you busy right now? It's Friday today, and maybe we can hang out or something.” Calvin said. “I'm sorry, Cal... but I have something to do today.” she said. “Oh...” he said. She could hear the disappointment in her voice. “I'll talk to you later, Cal. I really have to go.” she said to him. Then, she ended the call. She know she have been taking Calvin for granted for the past week, and she been ignoring him for days now. Somehow, she felt guilty for doing that to her best friend, but then she wanted to spend more time with Jiro and make up for lost times. Jiro is her priority as of now, because she knows Calvin have Joy, who would be able to take care of him. “I think I'll call him tomorrow...” she thought. Then, she smiled again, and went on her way to the mini theater.

Meanwhile, at the theater,

Danson and Jiro were done arranging the place for Jiro's surprise for Kit. “This is just perfect.” Danson said to himself after making the final touches. “Do you think she'll like it?” Jiro asked him. Danson smiled and nodded his head. “She sure will...” he assured Jiro. Jiro took a deep breath, and then smiled. “I hope she would be happy with what I'll be doing... it's the first time I'll do this in my entire life...” Jiro said. Danson patted him and gave him a nod. “She would appreciate this, don't worry. As if you don't know Kit. She appreciates all the little things you've done for her. Trust me. And don't be nervous.” Danson said. Just then, Danson's phone rang. He looked at the screen and saw the name of the theater's caretaker calling him. He immediately answered the call. Jiro looked at him, and saw him turn into a smile. “OK...” he heard Danson said before ending the call. Then, he looked at Jiro. “Kit's here, so you better start. As for me, Im outta here.” he said. Then, he turned his back to leave, but before he could, Jiro stopped him. “Wait! Can't you stay?” he asked. Danson looked at him and smirked. “Please. You guys will only make me green with envy. Especially since the love of my life is in a different continent.” he said.

--

As Kit opened the door to the theater, she saw the red carpet in the middle aisle with rose petals laid on it. The whole place is filled with flowers, but it was dark inside. Just then, the spotlight , and she saw Jiro standing at the center of the stage, holding a guitar. Then, he began to play a tune on his guitar and sing. As he played the subtle tune, she smiled and walked towards him.

zhe shi yi ge mei you da an de wen ti
这是一个没有答案的问题
This is a question without an answer

wo gan jue wo bian le OH~shei rang wo bian le
我感觉我变了 OH~谁让我变了
I feel I've changed OH~Who changed me

yin wei zhe shi yi ge mei you da an de wen ti
因为这是一个没有答案的问题
Because this is a question without an answer

jiu bei ni jie kai le jiu na me jie kai le
就被你了 就那么了
Then you undid it, and this is how it was undone

ni zou guo le zai zhe ge mi ren ku tong de dui bai
你走过了 在这个迷人苦痛的对白
You went by at this mesmerizing painful scriipt

ni shen zhi bu rang wo zhi dao ni dui wo you duo hao
你甚至不让我知道 你对我有多好
You don't even let me know how good you are to me

man man de zhe fen ai qiao qiao de zhu xia lai
慢慢地 这份爱悄悄地住下来
Slowly, this love lives (settles) here silently

shen shen de zai xin li mei ren kan de chu lai
深深的 在心里没人看得出来
Deeply, nobody can see it in the heart

an jing de dan que yi zhi dou zai shi ni mo mo de ai
安静的 但却一直都在数你默默的爱
Silently, but this silent love have always been including you

man man de zhe fen ai yi jing bian cheng yi lai
慢慢地 这份爱已经变成依赖
Slowly, this love has already become a dependent

jian jian de xiao rong li que rang wo cong man qi dai
渐渐地 笑容里却让我充满期待
Gradually, your smile makes me filled with anticipation

bu yong shuo wo jiu neng gou ming bai OH ni mo mo de ai
不用说 我就能够明白OH你默默的爱
You don't need to say it and I'll be able to understand OH your silent love

As Jiro serenades her, she could feel tears falling from her eyes. It was tears of joy, she know. No one have ever made her feel this special except Jiro. Before she knew it, she was already standing in front of him. She looked up at him and smiled, and continued to listen to his serenade.

zhe shi yi ge mei you da an de wen ti
这是一个没有答案的问题
This is a question without an answer

wo gan jue wo bian le OH~shei rang wo bian le
我感觉我变了 OH~谁让我变了
I feel I've changed OH~Who changed me

yin wei zhe shi yi ge mei you da an de wen ti
因为这是一个没有答案的问题
Because this is a question without an answer

jiu bei ni jie kai le jiu na me jie kai le
就被你了 就那么了
Then you undid it, and this is how it was undone

ni zou guo le zai zhe ge mi ren ku tong de dui bai
你走过了 在这个迷人苦痛的对白
You went by at this mesmerizing painful script

ni shen zhi bu rang wo zhi dao ni dui wo you duo hao
你甚至不让我知道 你对我有多好
You don't even let me know how good you are to me

Just then, Jiro walked towards the stage, and went down to her, then he looked at her and smiled as he continued to serenade her.

man man de zhe fen ai qiao qiao de zhu xia lai
慢慢地 这份爱悄悄地住下来
Slowly, this love lives (settles) here silently

shen shen de zai xin li mei ren kan de chu lai
深深的 在心里没人看得出来
Deeply, nobody can see it in the heart

an jing de dan que yi zhi dou zai shi ni mo mo de ai
安静的 但却一直都在数你默默的爱
Silently, but this silent love have always been including you

man man de zhe fen ai yi jing bian cheng yi lai
慢慢地 这份爱已经变成依赖
Slowly, this love has already become a dependent

jian jian de xiao rong li que rang wo cong man qi dai
渐渐地 笑容里却让我充满期待
Gradually, your smile makes me filled with anticipation

bu yong shuo wo jiu neng gou ming bai OH ni mo mo de ai
不用说 我就能够明白OH你默默的爱
You don't need to say it and I'll be able to understand OH your silent love

wei lai de mei yi tian bu guan fa sheng shen me ne
未来的每一天 不管发生什么呢
Everyday in the future, no matter what happens

bu neng tiao gei wo ne
不能挑给我呢
You cannot choose me

wo yao yong yuan pei zhe ni shou hou zhe ni zhi dao zui hou WOO~~~~~~~
我要永远陪着你守候着你 直到最后WOO~~~~~~~
I want to accompany you forever, watching you until the very end WOO~~~~~~~

man man de zhe fen ai qiao qiao de zhu xia lai
慢慢地 这份爱悄悄地住下来
Slowly, this love lives (settles) here silently

shen shen de zai xin li mei ren kan de chu lai
深深的 在心里没人看得出来
Deeply, nobody can see it in the heart

an jing de dan que yi zhi dou zai shi ni mo mo de ai
安静的 但却一直都在数你默默的爱
Silently, but this silent love have always been including you

man man de zhe fen ai yi jing bian cheng yi lai
慢慢地 这份爱已经变成依赖
Slowly, this love has already become a dependent

jian jian de xiao rong li que rang wo cong man qi dai
渐渐地 笑容里却让我充满期待
Gradually, your smile makes me filled with anticipation

bu yong shuo wo jiu neng gou ming bai OH ni mo mo de ai
不用说 我就能够明白OH你默默的爱
You don't need to say it and I'll be able to understand OH your silent love

Kit looked into Jiro's eyes, and smiled at him. Jiro smiled lovingly at her, and then wiped the tear from her eyes. “I promised myself I would never make you cry...” he said in a low voice. She smiled and shook her head. “I'm just so happy that I can't help but cry...” she said. Then, Kit moved closer to him, and gave him a hug. “Thank you, Jay... thank you for your love. Thank you for making me feel special...” she said to him. Then, Jiro looked at her. “You are special, Kit. You will always be special in my heart.” he said. Kit smiled and then reached for him and kissed him on the lips. “The surprise doesn't end here...” he said to her as he released her. Kit gave him a surprised look. “There's more?” she asked. Jiro nodded his head. Then, he took a long velvet box from his back pocket, and gave it to Kit. Curious, Kit opened it, and was surprised to see a platinum necklace with a shell pendant. “Jay... this is too much...” she said to him. Jiro shook his head. Then, he took the necklace from the box, and held it up for her. “This...” he said. “is the symbol of my love for you. As long as you have this, you have my love.” he said. Then, he turned Kit around, and helped her wear the necklace around her neck. She looked at the pendant, and sat her name 'Tin' written on it. She turned it back, and saw Jay's name engraved on the other side. “Try to open it.” Jiro whispered to her. Kit looked up at him and nodded her head. As she opened the pendant, she saw a message written on it. “I will love you for the rest of my life... I will never leave your side, my princess...” it read. Kit looked up at him again. “That is my promise for you, Tin. I will always love you, with all my heart... I will never let you go this time. I swear to be always here for you especially when you need me. I won't give you heartaches or even reasons to cry. Each day, I will make a special memory for you. I promise all of that.” he said. Kit smiled at him again, and the tears just keeps on falling from her eyes. Then, she turned and hug him again.

Of all the things she have done in the past, this is one thing that she would not regret in her life. If she have not given Jiro this chance, then she would not feel what it's like to be loved. She was glad that he came back in to her life, for he saved her from all the heartache that she felt before. “Jay, thank you for coming back into my life. You were everything I never knew I ever wanted.” she said. “And you were everything I have always dreamed of...” he said to her. Kit hugged him again, and Jiro gently kissed her forehead. “I love you, Jay... I love you...”

--

It's already evening, and Calvin was still hanging out at Kit's house. He and her sister, Annie, are in the den, playing Tekken on Play Station. From time to time, Calvin was looking at his watch, and at his phone. He have been in their house since that afternoon, but Kit have not gone home yet. “Yes! I won again!” he heard Annie said. Then, Annie looked at Calvin, and she noticed that he is not paying attention to her. “Wei, you're not paying attention to me! I thought you want to spend more time with me!” he heard Annie shout at him. Calvin looked at Annie, and saw her pouting at him. “This is not fun anymore. I think I'd rather sleep.” she said. Calvin began to panic at what she said. “No!” he said in a loud voice to stop Annie. He realized that if Annie goes to sleep, he wouldn't have the reason to stay at their house. Annie gave him a confused look. “Sorry... it's just that I'm worried...” he said absent-mindedly. “Worried?” Annie asked. Calvin realized what he just said. He couldn't let Annie know that he is worried about her elder sister. “Worried about... uh... my girlfriend have not been texting me... and I'm a little worried about her.” he lied. Then, he reached for his phone and pretended to read a message. “Oh, good. She's already home.” he lied. Then, he looked at Annie and smiled at her. “Come on, let's play another game.” he said. Annie smiled and nodded his head. She watched him as he took the console, and pressed on start. “Aiyo, I don't like to play video games anymore.” he heard Annie said. Calvin gave her a confused look. “So, what do you want to play?” he asked. Annie gave him an evil smile. “Let's play tag! And if you can't catch me until we reach outside, you have to give me a piggyback ride!” she said. Before Calvin could react, Annie began to run around the house, and Calvin was left with no choice but to chase her. After a while, he surrendered to Annie and just gave her a piggyback ride.

While he was carrying Annie, he heard a car stopped in front of their house. “It must be Kit.” he thought. He immediately opened the door to her surprise her, but he was surprised that no one was outside. “Weird, I thought a car stopped...” he thought. “Cal ge! Why did you bring me down?” he heard Annie shout at her. Calvin looked at Annie and smiled at him. “I... I thought I saw something...” he said. Annie folded her arms and smirked at him. “Saw what?” she asked. Before Calvin could answer, a cat jumped in front of him, which frightened him. “Aaaah!” he shouted as soon as he saw the cat. He looked at Annie and saw her laughing at him. “Wei, since when have you been scared of cats, Cal ge?” she asked. Calvin just looked away from her, embarrassed with his reaction a while ago.

Meanwhile, Jiro's car stopped in front of Kit's house. “Thanks for the best date ever.” Kit said to him. Jiro smiled at her. “And thank you for completing my day.” he said. Kit just giggled at what he said. “Do you think Annie's still awake?” Jiro asked. Kit nodded her head. “She must still be up, playing games.” she said. “Good, at least she could see our little surprise for her.” Jiro said. Kit nodded her head. Then she opened the door and got out of his car. Jiro soon followed her outside.

“I'm sleepy...” Annie said to Calvin. As she turned to go inside the house, Calvin stopped her by holding her hand. “Wait, Annie... you can't sleep yet!” Calvin said in a panicked tone. Annie looked at Calvin and pouted again. “But I'm sleepy!” she said. “We still have to finish that video game!” he said Annie tired to let go from Calvin's grip, but he was too strong for her. “Let me go! I want to sleep!” she said to him. “Wei, I haven't beaten you up yet in Tekken. Let's play again....”
“Don't want to!”
“It's weekend!”
“I want to sleep! Let me go!”
“Come on, just one more game.”
Annie stopped, and then she gave her an evil smirk. “If you won't let me go, I'll tell mom you let me stay up, and I'll tell Kit jie that...” she said. Calvin gave her another confused look. “Tell jie what?” he asked. “I'll tell her that you're waiting for her!” she shouted.

When Kit heard Annie shout, she began to panic. “Jay, Annie... I heard her shout!” she said as she looked at him. Jiro could see that she's already worried about her sister. “Better get inside and check on her. I'll follow you. I'll just get our surprise for her.” Jay said. Kit nodded her head, and rushed inside. As soon as Jiro got all of their things, he followed Kit inside the house. To their surprise, they saw Calvin holding Annie by her arm. “Calvin Chen! What are you doing to my sister?!” Kit shouted at him. Calvin paused, and as soon as he saw Kit, he let go of Annie. Then, Jiro got inside the house. As soon as he saw Calvin, he closed his eyes and shook his head. Calvin was surprised to see Jiro with her. Annie took the chance and ran towards her sister. She hugged her sister, and then looked at Calvin and stuck out a tongue at him. Kit looked at Annie and then caressed her head, then she knelt down to her and whispered something to her ear. “Go to Jay ge, he have gift for you.” she said. Annie looked up at her sister, and smiled, and then ran towards Jiro. She saw him holding a cake and a small doll house (together with Kit's bags and the bouquet of tulips he gave her a while ago. Annie's eyes widened as son as he saw what Jiro was holding. “Is that for me, Jaaaaaaaayyyyyyy ge?” she asked.

Upon hearing what Annie said, the three of them paused in shock. “Oh my God, did I hear Annie say Jay?” she thought. Calvin looked at Jiro and Annie, confused at the two. “What did you call him?” Calvin asked Annie. Jiro began to panic. He have to think of ways not to let Calvin think that he heard Annie wrong. “Oh...” he said as he laughed nervously. “I think Annie said. 'Is that for me yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy ge!” he said, imitating Annie's voice and facial expression. Upon hearing that, Kit bit her lips, trying to stop herself from laughing at Jiro's lame excuse. Calvin just nodded his head slowly. “Oh... OK...” he said. Annie looked at Jiro and then nodded her head. “No! I said...” before Annie could further say something, he showed her the little doll house that he bought for her, and then carried her. “This is for you.” he said to Annie. Annie took it, and smiled at Jiro and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Then, Jiro put his pointer finger on his lips. “Ssshh... only the three of us know my pet name...” he whispered to her. Calvin was observing Jiro and Annie all this time. He was wondering since when did the two became really close. Kit looked at her sister and her boyfriend and smiled to herself. She is lucky to have a sweet boyfriend like him who loves her little sister very much. She wanted to hug Jiro as a reward for being sweet and caring, but she have to stop herself, or Calvin will suspect something. “Oooohhh...” Annie said. “Thank you Jiro ge!” she shouted. Then, she rested her head on his shoulder, and yawned. “Ge... I'm so sleepy...” she said. Jiro just laughed at her. “OK... I'll take you to your room.” he said. Then, Jiro looked at Kit and smiled. “I'll take Annie to her room and tuck her in. I'll leave you two to talk for a while. I'll put your things inside your room, OK?” he said. Kit smiled and nodded her head. Calvin and Kit watched them as they went upstairs.

Calvin was surprised at what Jiro did. Then, it sinked in to him. Why is Jiro suddenly close to Annie, and why is he with Kit? Is Jiro Kit's date all this time? Why is Jiro carrying a bouquet of flowers? Why did he bought Annie gifts? Why is Kit isn't with Danson? Is there something that he didn't know about his best friend? He was trying to find an answer, but his mind is blank. “I hate this...” he thought. “I hate this... my mind is blank and I can't think of an answer...” Kit noticed that change in Calvin's expression. “Wei?” she said to him, but Calvin didn't seem to notice her because he was deep in his thoughts. “Hey!” she shouted to him. She shook Calvin, but to no avail. Then, she thought of something that would make him come back to his senses. She tiptoed, and reached up to him, and then gave him a kiss on the cheek. Calvin was surprised at what she did. He held the side of his cheek that she kissed, and then gave him a shocked look. “W-what's that for?” he asked. Kit just laughed at the way he reacted. He turned away from her, and then smiled secretly. He doesn't know why, but he felt giddy when Kit kissed him. “It's the only thing I know that will freak you out. You were thinking of something and you didn't notice me.” she said. “Look at you! You are as red as a beet” she teased. Calvin looked at her, mad at what she said. “No I'm not!” he denied. “It's just so hot here that's why...” Kit laughed at him again. “I'm just kidding. Don't take it seriously.” she said. Calvin sighed upon hearing what she said. “Whew... that was close. Am I really blushing?” he thought. He have to find a way to divert her attention.

Calvin gave her a stern look as he faced her. “It's not funny. And do you realize what time is it? You didn't return my calls or answered my text messages!” he said in a firm tone. Kit folded her arms, and smirked at Calvin. “Oh, what time is it? I think it's time for you to go to bed, or call Joy.” she said. “I'm serious, Kit. What time is it?” he asked again. Kit looked at her watch, and then looked up at Calvin again. “10:20 PM” she answered, Calvin got more annoyed at her. “Not funny!” he snapped at her. Kit was getting annoyed at Calvin's nagging. She sighed in frustration, and then stepped out of the house, but Calvin followed her outside. “Girls like you shouldn't stay up late outside. You made me worried about you!” Calvin nagged at her again. Kit looked back at him. “You were worried?” she asked. “I mean, us! Your mom and dad, Annie, and me. And why are you with Jiro? Did the two of you went out? Is he your date? Is he the reason why you stayed out?” he asked. She doesn't know if she'll get amused at Calvin or not. She tried to open to say something, but before she could, Calvin darted another set of questions at her. “And why do you have flowers? Did those came from Jiro? You know, Kit, it's not safe to to be outside at this time of the day... worse, it's not even safe for a girl to be with a guy at this hour! You better stop coming home late, I tell you.” he said. Kit tried to say something again, but before she could, Calvin interrupted her. He pointed his finger at her and shook it. “And don't give me any excuses, young lady! Next week, I'll drive you home. I'll make sure you're home before your curfew.” he said.

After hearing what Calvin said, Kit got irritated. He's acting like a strict father. “Look, Calvin.” Kit managed to say in an annoyed tone. “I think you're already crossing the line. First, I don't care about what people say. I'm a big girl now, remember? I can take care of myself. Besides, mom and dad knows I'll coming home late and they're cool with it. Second, you don't have to drive me home! I have a car and I can drive myself. Besides, I know you always drive Joy home, and if you tag me along, I'll just be the third wheel. Besides, you guys will only give me the creeps if I hear the two of you sweet talking.” Kit said. She paused for a while to take a deep breath. Meanwhile, Calvin was just staring at her, surprised at her reaction. “Third, Jiro is our friend as well, so don't accuse him of anything. He won't do anything to me. We did go out but it's for school. He helped me with my research.” she said. The last thing she said is partly true. She did stay at the library for her research, but Jiro's not with her as he is preparing a surprise for her. “I don't think you have the right to accuse me of anything, Calvin. I'm strong than you think... after...” then she paused before it could slip out of . “After you broke my heart and neglected me... after all this time, that you only see Joy, and not me. She's special to you while I... I will only be just your best friend...” she thought.

“After what, Kit?” she heard Calvin asked in a more calm tone. Kit looked at him, giving him that mad expression from before. “After you left me before and chose to end our friendship over that stupid ex-girlfriend of yours!” she shouted at him. Then, she saw Calvin laugh at her. He took her hand, and pulled her to him to embrace her. “I'm sorry if I reacted that way, Kit...” he said to her. “It's just that... I was scared... scared that something bad happened to you, and I couldn't even be there to save you. ” he said. Then, he looked at her and caressed her cheeks. “Whenever I call you, you seem to be always in a hurry. You're always busy... and I never have the chance to tell you what happened to me, and to share my happiness. It seems that you're always in a rush, and that you don't want to be with me. We never got the time to talk and be together, just like before...” he said in a low voice. Kit's lips curved into a smile after hearing what's on his mind. She felt guilty for neglecting her best friend these past few days. “I'm sorry, Calvin... it's just that I'm preoccupied with things, and I thought avoiding you would be for the best so that you and Joy could spend more time together.” she said. She could hear her voice crack as she speaks. “I... I l-like seeing you and J-joy together, you know...” she said. She could feel the tear forming at the corner of her eye, but she was trying her best to fight it. She couldn't let Calvin see those tears. Calvin smiled lovingly at her. “I miss you...” he said. Then, he hugged her again. “I miss you so much, my best friend...” she heard her say. She could feel her heart crush at the word 'best friend'. She closed her eyes to fight the tears from falling, but those tears couldn't help but fall. It hurts her most that she can only be his best friend, nothing more, nothing less. “Why am I so scared to lose you, when you're not even mine?” she thought.

Suddenly, she felt comfortable being in Calvin's embrace. It seemed like the time stopped while she's with him. She wanted this feeling. She wanted to feel how warm his embraces are. She knew for herself that this is all she ever wanted. She's getting too comfortable in his arms, and when she realized that what she was feeling is wrong, she pushed him away from her. Calvin got confused when she pushed him away. She turned her back on her to wipe her tears. “W-what's wrong?” he asked. “Nothing.” she said monotonously. Calvin pulled her to face him, and looked into her eyes. “Why are you crying?” he asked. “I said it's nothing, Cal. Something just got inside my eye...” she lied. Calvin put his hand on her cheek and then looked into her eyes. He moved closer to her face. When she looked into his eyes, she suddenly felt lost. Her heart began to be more confused. She have to stop herself from falling in love again with him, because she felt her heart breaking again. “I am just his best friend. Just hi best friend. Remember that...” she said to herself. She took his hands, and put it away from her cheeks. “I said it's nothing.” she said, turning her gaze away from him. “Let me check, OK?” he said. He put his hand on her cheek again, then, he blew on her eye.

As he looked down, he saw Kit's shell pendant. He stepped back from her, and put his hand on his pocket as he stared at her necklace. “Nice necklace...” he said in a low voice. She looked at him, and saw the faint smile on his face. He was hurt to see that shell pendant, because it's a reminder for him that Kit still loved Jay all this time. The, he looked at Kit and tried to smile. “You still love Jay, right? You even bought that necklace to tell the whole world that you still love him, even though he didn't came back for you...” he said in a hurt tone. He doesn't know why he is feeling this way. He knew Kit have the right to love, but he couldn't bear that she is in love with Jay. “I bet if he saw that, he'll be happy... because it means that you'll still give him a chance.” he continued. Kit smiled at him. She want to think that he is getting jealous with Jay again. She moved towards him, and then cupped his cheeks with her palms. “Calvin...” she said in a low voice. She gazed into his eyes again, and Calvin looked into her. “I love you, Calvin...” she thought. “If you just tell me that you love me, then I promise... I promise to love you for the rest of my life...” she wanted to say to him. Calvin moved towards her, their foreheads touching. They were in that position for a long time – and once again, she felt like being lost into his eyes. She closed her eyes as she felt Calvin moving closer to her, . “I... I'm sorry...” she blurted out. Calvin stepped back at her, giving her a confused look. “Why are you saying sorry?” he asked. “The necklace... ” she said in a low voice. Then, she moved away from Calvin. This made Calvin more confused. “What about the necklace?” he asked. “I... I didn't buy it... he gave it to me...”

Suddenly, Calvin's mind went blank. He felt that everything around him is turning, making him more dizzy. He knees began to feel week, that he couldn't even balance himself. “What's happening to me?” he thought. Kit noticed what's happening to Calvin. “Cal, are you OK?” she asked in a worried tone. She held his hand to keep him up, but he was too heavy for her. When Calvin lost his balance, she fell with him. She found herself lying on the ground, with Calvin on top of her. Calvin kept on staring at her face for a long time.

Just then, Jiro came out to check on Kit, but when he got out of the house, he saw them on that position. He wanted to walk towards them, and get Calvin away from Kit, but he was too stunned at what he saw. “Calvin...” he thought. “You already took Joy away from me... will you try and take Tin away from me? I can't let that happen, Cal... I can't let you take away the girl I love this time...” he thought. Then, he saw Kit push Calvin away from her, and then stood up. She have to stop herself, before she could do something that she know she will regret. She knows that if Jiro came down and saw them that way, he would get mad at them. She doesn't want to hurt Jay's heart. “I'm sorry...” Calvin said as he stood up. “I think it's time for me to go home... maybe I just need to rest...” he said in a low voice. Then, Calvin turned his back to leave, and Kit watched him. She felt sad at the sight of him leaving her again. She doesn't want him to go. She wanted to regret pushing Calvin away from him, but she know it's the right thing to do. “Cal, wait!” she shouted at him as he reached the gate. Calvin paused, not bothering to look. He felt her hands on hi waist. “Jay, he gave me this necklace....” she said to him. Calvin was stunned at what he heard. He was trying to fight the tears from falling from his eyes. Calvin felt his heart breaking at what she said. “So... Jay is finally back...” he thought. He felt as if he couldn't breath. When Jiro saw Kit hug Calvin, he wanted to come to them and pull Kit away from him, bu when he heard what Kit said to Calvin, he stopped. He smiled to himself when she heard her tell his name to Calvin. “I should trust her... I know now that she loves me very much.” he said. Then, he went back inside the house.

Calvin looked back at her. “So... you finally saw him again after years of waiting...” Calvin said in a low voice. Kit smiled and nodded her head. He swallowed hard. He could almost feel his heart crushing into a million pieces. If there would be a guy in Kit's life that he would consider his rival, it would Jay. He know that he is her first love, and that nothing could replace him in her heart. Yes, he is jealous of Jay, because he was able to capture the heart of his best friend at first sight, something that he was not able to do. “Kit would always love Jay, no matter what...” he thought. “And... Jay... he... he gave you that necklace... does that mean...” he said, his voice cracking. Even thought Calvin have not finished his sentence, she understood his question. She just nodded her head. He swallowed hard again upon getting her answer. “Y-you... you're with... with Jay now?” he asked. Kit nodded her head again. “Is he the reason why you came home late? Is he the reason why you didn't have time for me? Is he the reason why you have that smile on your face? Is he the reason...” he paused. “Is he the reason why you're forgetting me?” he wanted to say. “Is... Is he the reason why you have this glow on your face?” he asked again. Kit smiled and nodded her head. “Yes, Calvin. He's the reason for all of that...” she said in a low voice. “And he is the reason why I want to stop loving you...” she thought.

Calvin took her arms around her. He have enough heartbreak for tonight. “I... I have to go...” he said to her. As he walked away from Calvin, he felt the tears slowly falling down his cheek. He paused, and then wiped his tear away. “Calvin, please stay...” he heard Kit say. “I... I missed you. We have a lot of things to catch up on. I... I want you to tell me about you and Joy. Please stay for a while...” she said. “Nothing happened between the two of you, right? When you called me a while ago...” she asked. Calvin glared at her, he was hurt that she's accusing him of something. “Do you really think of me that way, Kit. Do you always think that I only call you when I have a problem, if I'm sad, if something bad happened to me?” he asked in a frustrated voice. Then, he shook his head. “I can't believe you'll think of me that way. I thought you know me too well... maybe I just want to talk to you because I miss you. Maybe I just want to check on you that's why I called...” he said. He is obviously hurt about it. Then, he saw Kit turn into a smile. “Aiyo, Cal... don't be too dramatic, OK?” she said, trying to lighten up the conversation. “So... what do you want to tell me about Joy?” she asked. She knew she should'nt have asked that question, for she will only feel hurt. “Right, Kit... go and ask him so that you'll break your heart.” she thought.

Calvin smiled at her again. “I.... I followed your suggestion on out first month together. I... I gave her 99 roses, and then told her that she is my hundredth rose... and... and she liked it.” he told her. It was Kit's turn now to feel hurt. “Oh...” she said in a low voice. “I... I'm glad she liked it...” she said. She wished that Calvin would also do the same for her. She also wanted to get 99 roses from him, and hear him say that she is his hundredth rose. She could feel her tears again. She wished that he would turn his back again on her so that he wont see her cry. “I'm glad for you, Cal. I'm sorry that I spoiled your happiness because of my news...” she said, her voice cracking. Calvin shook his head. “It's OK, Kit... don't say sorry... I'm glad that you found someone to take care of you... someone who would make you smile... just like the way that I make you smile. Don't say sorry, Kit. I'm happy for you as well...” he said to her. “He.. he's lucky to have you by his side, despite the fact that he have hurt you before. He's lucky that you gave him another chance...” he said. Then, he walked towards her and then cupped her cheeks. “Just promise me, Kit. Promise me, that you will never forget me. Always remember that I'm just here, your best friend. I also need you, Kit... I need a little of your time. I need you to listen to me, to share my feelings with... just like before. Please promise me you'll find time for me, even if you are with Jay now. Please promise me that...” he said in a low voice. Kit just nodded her head and smiled at him. “I... I promise...” she said. “I'm scared, Kit... I'm scared now that you found him. I'm scared that he will take you away from me. You know how much I hate him, how I envy him...” he continued. “I know... I know Calvin...” she said in a low voice. “I'll make sure to spend some time with you. We could be together every Sunday... we can talk, go out, anything you want. Your call.” she said. Calvin agreed and nodded his head.

“Promise me, we'll catch up on Sunday. And promise me one thing... please don't mention Jay to me.” he said. Kit could not believe what he said. “W-what?” she asked. “Whatever it is that you've done with him in the past two weeks that we're not together, please don't tell me about it. I don't care about it, and I don't want to hear about it.” Calvin said. Kit gave him a disappointed look, and then she shook her head. “Don't you think you're being unfair?” she asked. “Don't you think you're being too selfish? Calvin, we're best friends! We should catch up on everything... you should know about Jay as well and not just talk about you and Joy! You're not the only one who have the right to be happy.” she said. Calvin looked away from her, unable to say anything to her. “It's all about you, Calvin, isn't it? It's all about you, and you're being too selfish about this whole thing... and here I am, feeling guilty because of the times I have neglected you. Oh, wait... the two weeks that I have neglected you.” Kit paused and then took a deep breath. She's getting furious at Calvin. “You are being unreasonable, Calvin. Life is not all about you. I have my stories to tell as well, and if you won't let me tell you about it, then forget it. I'm not going to spend my Sundays with you.” she shouted at him. “I'm so angry at you, you selfish guy. Aaaaaahhhh!” she shouted in frustation. Then, she cried because of her anger towards Calvin.

Jiro heard Kit's cry. He got worried that Calvin did something to hurt her, so he rushed outside the house again. As he got out, he saw Kit crying. “What happened?” he asked her. He walked towards her, and then put his arm around her, then he glared at Calvin. “Wei, Calvin? What did you to Kit? I swear, if you hurt her, I will definitely kill you.” he said angrily at him. As Jiro was talking, Calvin turned his back on them and then walked towards the gate. He felt his tears falling from his eyes again. He now understand that Kit's heart has been totally taken away by Jay. Meanwhile, Jiro looked at Kit, and hugged her from behind. “Ssssh... don't cry now, my princess...” he whispered to her ear, trying to console her. “Don't worry I am here... I won't leave you... I'll stay with you... if I have to sleep here, I'll do so, I'll just tell your parents, I can't leave you like this...” he whispered to her. Kit looked up at him and smiled. “Thank you, Jay...” she mouthed to him. Then, she looked at Calvin. “I serious about that, Calvin.” she shouted to him. “It's not all about you. If I have to listen about you and Joy, then you have to listen about me and Jay. I want you to know about us.” she said to him. “I'm sorry, Kit...” Calvin said in a low voice. “I'm sorry for being selfish. Just forget about that promise. I'll listen to you... about Jay... I'm sorry if I only think of myself. I promise this will be the last time that you will cry because of my selfishness.” he said. He took another step, and then paused again. “Jiro... can you stay with Kit?” he asked. Jiro smiled at him. “Yes, I will...” he said. Then, he kissed Kit on her hair. “Jay is not here with Kit, and I don't want to see Jay... not right now. I... I still could not forgive him for all breaking Kit's heart. Please, Jiro... please stay with Kit and stop her from crying...” he said. “I will...” he heard Jiro said. “You don't have to tell me, Calvin. I know what to do with Tin...” he added silently. Then, Kit looked up at Jiro and smiled. She rested her head on his shoulder, and then hugged him. She turned her gaze away from Calvin because she couldn't bear seeing him leave. “Kit...” she heard Calvin call. She did not bother to look up at him. “I... I would be able to accept Jay... I just needed more time... I'm still your best friend, always remember that...” he said. Then, he walked away from them. His heart felt heavy as he took every step. “Kit... if you only knew why I hated Jay so much...” he thought. “Then, maybe you would be able to understand...”