Eavesdropping

! . . . . You! You're Zhang Yi Xing! . . . . !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Oohpuluss

 

The night stood like the jock of the school, unwilling to move, always attracting attention.

 

And your night with EXO was just starting. Lay had just went downstairs to meet the celebrity…And you didn’t know why but you had a bad feeling about all this. Were you making the right decision? Could you be a good lover to Lay? A good friend to EXO? While trying to chase your dream as a kpop star?

 

And while we’re on the subject, you still hadn’t auditioned for SM after Mr. and Mrs. Lee had casted you at the amusement park and the SMTown concert, you just never had the chance.  After you had made that rash decision to go live with your best friend, Yuri, in Korea for the last part of senior year, everything was just all about school and Lay.

 

Lay and you would go on so many dates. Holding hands, hugging, kissing; you guys were both into that, but still tried to stay conservative. You two would often go to coffee shops and practice rooms before you went to school and Lay went to practice, but no one ever recognized him. Well, until now.

 

The thing was, you didn’t necessarily like Lay to be telling the paparazzi the truth. You liked it how it was now.

 

Every date would be like a dream. Lay, smiling and laughing freely at you, would hold your hand, swing it back and forth on the city streets at night. The moon would be twinkling down at you two, making God see how perfect you were for each other. Would it still be the same?

 

As always, only time could tell…and you were scared. You didn’t want to seem nervous with EXO around you right now, but you were, and D.O. could tell by looking at your hands.

 

“Lian? Are you alright?” D.O. asked with his mouth parted slightly, displaying his usual doe eyes O_O

 

You nervously glanced at the window. The curtains covered the view of the street. “I’m fine. I’m just hungry. When are we having dinner, D.O.?”

 

“Ahh ok! We can eat now!” Suho said happily, motioning everyone towards the kitchen and helping others up from the living room couch. D.O. helped you up and took off his apron.

 

You didn’t like the idea of eating without Lay. “Wait! What about  Lay?”

 

“It’s fine,” Tao said, “we almost never eat together; our schedules are always too tight.”

 

You rolled your eyes as you glimpsed at Tao stuffing a peach in his mouth. “谁注重你的想法呀?” you said in Chinese, sending death glares to Tao. And with that, you left your place at the table, went out the down and a billion flights of stairs to get your man.

 

Almost halfway downstairs, you could hear the sound of cameras flashing and clicking, reporters and paparazzi blabbering. You decided to peep downstairs instead of downright walk down. 

 

And there you saw something you wished you hadn't saw. Stunned. You were stunned. No...way... You quickly your heel, away from the scene. This wasn't happening. This WAS NOT happening. No way. Not to you. 

 

Tears started to stream down. You started to walk faster. faster. faster. faster. Until you were running. You ran up and up all the way to the rooftop. EXO was downstairs eating...right below you. The sound of your crying filled the silent rooftop. The artificial grass never seems so fake.

 

And it was there that you wept until morning. No one came to find you. You were once again lonely, just like that friday night before you met Yixing. Nothing changed. The only thing that changed was the ring on your finger.