The Awkward Situation

Struck by stars

‘…………….Yah~ Kim Heechul…. What are you saying…’

‘Think backs what he said and what he done….. It’s obvious that he likes you.’

‘……………Can’t be…..We are 5 years apart!!’

‘Babo….. so what?’

‘………………… a ni ya…. Can’t be, must be you are too sensitive, that’s all…’

‘Aish………. Who am I? I am Kim Heechul, nothing can escape my eyes.’

‘I….…..’

‘So, what you gonna do with Kyu?’

‘Kyu? What do you mean by that? There’s nothing between us…’

‘Yet…….. If we don’t handle it well, something sure will happen.’

‘Heechul……… I don’t wish to spoil the relationship between Kyu and me. He had been a great friend to me….and….’

‘I know…… I am thankful to him as well… if not for him, we wouldn’t meet….’

‘I am not too sure whether this is a good thing then…’

‘Yah!! Yu Ae Li’ He said as he tickles me.

‘Hahahahah!! Ok! Stop stop!! I surrender!’ I said grabbing his hand.

‘Ae Li…. ‘ he said while touching my cheek.

‘Erm?’

‘Nothing…. Just feel like calling your name…I hope I am not dreaming...’

‘………………’

‘YAH!!!!!!!!!!! You!!! Why are you poking my wound?’

‘Painful? Not a dream then.’

‘You……. Cheh~ I should know how evil you are…. Aigoo…..’

‘It’s still not too late to regret….’

‘No no no~ I liked challenges.’

‘ert!!!’

‘Yah yah yah!!! What is this? I can hear your voices from far. Heenim? You okay ready?’ Its Teukie..

‘Yah~ wont die~’

‘Aish~ you!!’ Teukie said.

‘Where are the rest?’ I asked Teukie.

‘Coming now…. We are going to studio later so we thought we will just drop by and visit you first.’

‘Hyung~ Hyung~ You ok?’

‘Yah! Ryeogaa, I am fine…’

‘Yah!! Why did you pretend to be mute yesterday?’ Teukie scolded Heechul.

‘Ahahahahahahaha~ cos I did not eat yesterday, no energy to talk…Ae Li~ Ah…’ Heechul opened his mouth gesturing me to feed him.

‘Yah~ you!! Eat by yourself…’

‘My hand hurt… how to hold the spoon?’

‘You……’

‘Ahhh~ ppali!!’

‘Aish………..’

‘Hyung, you all right?’ Kyu is the last one to come in….

‘Kyu? Erm… I am fine….’ Heechul said as he takes the spoon from me…

‘Yah! Didn’t you said your hand hurt just now?’ Teukie asked.

‘HAhahahahahaahha……Nah~ its ok….’

‘Li….’

‘Neh, Kyu..’ suddenly I don’t know how to face him anymore….

‘Erm… Ae Li, can you help me to ask doctor whether I can be discharge today?’

‘But….’

‘I am fine, just small injuries. I think I can rest better at dorm rather than staying in hospital.’

‘Yup, quite true… shouldn’t be any problem. The doctor said he is all right yesterday.’ Teukie say.

‘All right, boys, lets go…. Yah, Ae Li I told manager hyung you will be a bit late today, he asked you to stay with Heechul today. He will contact you again.’

‘Jeongmal? Yah! This is great~ I am so bored here alone.’

‘Li~ this is your laptop….’ Kyu passed me my laptop… He looks tired… didn’t he sleep well last night?

‘Thanks….Kyu, you look tired, are you ok?’

‘I am fine…. I gotta go now…Hyung, take care. You too, Li~’

‘Kyuhyun ah~ Go ma wo…’ Heechul said to Kyu..Kyu only shook his head and walk out.

‘Heechu ssi? How do you feel?’ The doctor asked.

‘Neh, I am fine can I discharge today?’

‘Neh~ You can go back and rest now, I will get ready for you to discharge later.’

********************************************************************************************************************************************

‘Ahhhhh~~~ so good to be at home…’ Heechul said as he lay down on his bed.

‘You rest a while I go and get water for your medicine…’

‘Yeo bo………..’ Heechul said as he pulled my hand.

‘Yah~ don’t call me that…’

‘Hahahahaha!! Shy?’

‘Let go… You have to take medicine now….’

‘Ok…..’

‘Here….’

‘Ah…. Feed me yeo bo….’

 ‘Aish…. You… don’t call me that!!!’

‘You don’t like it? Erm….. Kim Cherry omma?’

‘Kim Cherry?’

‘My future daughter’s name…’

‘Aishhh… you…..’

‘Hahahahahah!! Ae Li ah…… ‘

‘What? Kim Cherry appa?’

‘Hahaha!!! Aigooo….I am so happy now…..’

‘Of what?’

‘Why do you like me?’

‘What kind of question is this?’

‘Just answer…’

‘I don’t know…’

‘I like your black hairs, I like your face, I like your cute dimples, I like your kindness, I like your stubbornness, I like the way you scolded and scowl at me and…..’

‘Yah!! Stop stop stop’ I shouted at him covering my face with my hands.

‘Really……’He said as he pulled away my hands.

I wrap my arms around his neck, rested my chin on his shoulder and whispered to him ‘Because you are Kim Heechul….’

‘What?’

‘I like you because you are Kim Heechul….’ He hugged me tight and kisses my neck, his nose blowing hot air into my left ear as he does so….

‘Yah! Don’t do that….’I pushed him away…

‘Hahahahaha!! Sensitive? Aigoo…. Look at the way you blush….’

‘You did it on purpose? Yah!!! You……’I threw a pillow at him, standing up…

‘Yah… Don’t be angry… come back here…’ He pulled me back to him and makes me sit on his leg.

‘Don’t…. What if someone come back?’ I said as I try getting up.

‘No, You should know their schedule…I promise you I will behave myself when they come back ok? Now let’s just have some time of our own….’ He put his arm around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder….

‘Heechul… tell me if I hurt you ok?’

‘Just small scratches, I am not that vulnerable…. You seem to be losing your weight…You are much slimmer than what you are compared to the time you just come Korea…’

‘Did i?’ I asked touching my own face.

‘Yup…. You are much lighter now compared to last time you hurt your feet. I can hardly feel your weight now…’

‘I am not sure….. But I feel you lose weight too…..’

‘Because you are torturing me every day! I can only see, but could not touch you… And it’s driving me crazy… I can’t sleep, I can’t eat…I cant do anything well…’

‘I am so sorry….You poor thing…..’

‘So, how are you going to make it up?’

‘What?’

‘Making up for making me so miserable previously….’

‘Hahahahaha!! What do you want?’

‘Kiss~’

‘I thought you hate to kiss girl?’

‘Hahahahah!! Cos they are not Yu Ae Li~’

‘Aish… what a glib tongue….’

‘So are you going to kiss me or not?’

‘……………………..’ I pressed my lip gently on his forehead.

‘Yah!!! That’s all?’

‘What else do you want?’

‘I show you…’ he said as he tried to pull me closer to him…’

‘Wistful thinking….’ I push him away and get up from his leg, sitting on his bed, massaging his legs. ‘feeling numb?’

‘Not really…..’

Kyuhyun POV

Heechul hyung and Li….. They seem so different today….. I never seen Heechul hyung looking so happy before… And Li is behaving oddly today, she look awkward upon seeing me…. Did Heechul hyung told her anything? We went back to dorm after our schedules and saw Heechul hyung and Li sitting down in front of computer studying our next week schedule. They are sitting so close to each other and looking so comfortable with each other…… My heart sank upon seeing them smiling and making faces at each other and I just walk back to my room without a word. I thought of how they hugged and kissed in hospital last night and its making me miserable…. Maybe I should come clean with Li??

‘Li…’ I called out to her when I saw her sitting on her bedroom floor staring into the blank….

‘Kyu?’ She gave me a awkward smile upon seeing me.

‘Li…..’

‘Erm.. yes?’

‘Tell me if I am wrong….. I feel you are a bit awkward with me today… anything happen?’

‘Erm…. Nothing, you think too much, Kyu….’ She said avoiding my eyes…

‘Li……….. Did hyung told you something about me?’

‘No, he did not…..’

‘How do know what I am talking about when I haven’t told you what is that yet?’

‘Kyu….’

‘Li….. listen to me… I….’ I put my hands on her shoulder, forcing her to face me.

‘Kyu…. I don’t wish to know…..’.She looks at me, shaking her head.

‘Li…. So you know it right?’

‘……………………………’ she said nothing, looking down.

‘Li~ I….’

‘Kyu………… stop, please stop….. Don’t say it further…..’She said as she pushes me away.

‘Why don’t you even give me a chance to tell you how I feel? Do you know how regretted I am now? I should have told you earlier…..’

‘Kyu…..nothing to do with the timing…. You are always my dongsaeng, no matter now or future.’

‘Li…. I saw u n Heechul hyung yesterday at hospital….’

‘Kyu!!!!’ she look at me, shocked.

‘So you and Heechul hyung are together?’

‘I don’t know…..’

‘You love him?’ She nodded….

‘What is he going to do with Sohee ssi?’

‘Kyu….I don’t know….. And I don’t want to think about this anymore….. No matter what we do she will definitely get hurt……… I feel so guilty now…..And Kyu…. I am sorry… toward u too…’

‘You sure this is what you wanted? Why must it be Heechul hyung?’

‘….. Kyu, I know this is wrong…. But we do…love each other…. avoiding him doesn’t help at all… I just can control myself…..’

*sigh* ‘U loved each other? What else can I say?’

‘Kyu, I know it’s selfish of me, but please let our relationship remain the same all right? I really can’t afford to lose a great friend like you…’

‘Li, please give me some time….U should know u meant more than a friend to me, by now….’ No, things will never be the same again, Li…. Cos you are not my Li anymore…

‘Kyu…..I……am sorry…… I am stupid…. But I really don’t mean thing to be like this either…. ‘

‘I am tired, you rest early too….’

‘No matter what , thank s for everything, Kyu.’

‘Good night…..’

‘Neh, Kyu….. night….’

I never expected she and I will end before we even started….. I always thought she will be mine initially… But I am nothing but a dongsaeng to her…. Li….How am I going to face you and Heechul hyung together in future?

‘Kyuhyun ah……’

‘Neh? Teukie hyung….’

‘Kyu….. what happen between u, Ae Li and Heechul?’

‘What do u mean by this, hyung?’ I asked, looking at him. So, Teukie hyung knew about them too??

‘Erm….. Ae Li and Heenim seem to be a bit…. too close with each other recently…. And I… actually saw Heechul holding Ae Li’s hand just now….Aren’t u n Ae Li….?’

‘Hyung, no…. We are not…..I am tired, I need a rest….’

‘Kyuhyun ah……’

‘Nite, hyung….’

…………………….

……………………………………

………………………………………………….

‘Kyuhyun ah…..’ Heechul hyung?

‘What do you want????’ I asked without even looking at him.

‘Kyuhyun ah….. gotta tell you this……………..