A familiar stranger

Struck by stars

‘Ae Li, aren’t you going to Super Junior concert next month? The ticket will be open for sales soon. Care to go together?’ Yen asked.

 I turn my body toward her desk, looking at her excited face, ‘No, I am not going. I am too old to attend this kind of concert by young idol.

’ Yah~ come on Ae Li, how old are you, don’t talk as if you are an old woman. By the way I am going to get my ticket together with my sister. I am going to say hi to my Dong Hae ssi. AH~~~ Cant wait to see them!!’

 ‘All right, enjoy yourself then’ I said to her before turning back to my desk to get on with my job.

I am Ae Li, a 28 years old Malaysian woman who’s working in Singapore since I graduated from university.  All my life I been leading a normal and routine life as per every normal person. Going to school, graduate, and started to work. I still remember the lunar new year on 2007..

‘Ya~ sis, come quickly!’ my cousin, Min was yelling at me.

 I got up from my bed and walk to my computer table unwillingly. ‘Yes? You better give me a good reason else you will get it from me.’ I told her.

‘Sis, look at this, this is a famous band from Korea, Super Junior.

‘Oh my god!!! Look at the way they dance. Look at the way they move their body. I am melting..’ Min told me with a half drunken look and I look at the computer screen and saw 13 young handsome guys dancing to a catchy song, with the title of U.  Oh my, I cant take my eyes off from the screen and keep on replaying the song till my cousin got so fed up and leave me alone with the computer. From that day onward, I became loyal fan of Super Junior. One of my favorite past time is to search online for Super Junior trivial and their video clips. I even learnt Korean as to understand their show and song better. I love them more and more as I get to know of them more. I love their randomness, their wittiness, theirs passion toward their job and fan. The thing that I envied the most is their friendship and the special bond between members.....

Yes, I loved Super Junior to dead. However, I just couldn’t bring myself to go to Super Junior concert as I always feel I am not in the age to idolize someone any more. I just cant imagine myself shouting and cheering for Super junior with the teen…. Feel so weird…  I would still prefer to support them from behind.

‘Oh, I am sso excited, excited!!! I will see my Dong Hae Ssi tomorrow. Oh my god~ will he see me? What should I say to him when I see him??’ Yen keep on rattling from morning till now, getting all excited about super Junior coming concert.

‘Well, just say sarang hae to him then, IF you can talk to him.’ I told Yen.

‘Hahahahahaha!! That’s’ a good idea.’ Yen said.

It was just another day. However, this is a special day as well. This is the day Super Junior come to Singapore.  I walk on the busy street, heading toward my favorite shopping center. Suddenly I saw a tall guy with a cap and sun glass walking fast past me. In his hurriedness, he bumped into me and caused my bag to drop. He quickly turn back and help me to pick up my bag and keep mummer in his deep y voice ‘I am sorry, very sorry.’ I tilted my head and look at him…. To my surprise….