Meeting the Maknae

Struck by stars

Oh my gosh!!!! Its Kyuhyun Ssi!!! ‘Kyuhyun Ssi?’ I ask him. He raised his head and look at me in surprise.

‘Hangul O ma ra yo? Je bal, do wa Ju se yo (You can speak Korean? can you help me, please)?’

‘Yeh, Wae yo (yes, What happen?)’. I asked.

‘I need to go back to Raffles Hotel, fast! We have an interview over there and I am going to be late!!’

‘Raffles Hotel? But this is Orchard. How do you get here? Well, its not important now, come, let get going. We talk on the way.’ I gestured at him to follow me. People started to notice him and he started to feel uncomfortable and come closer to me.

‘Can I hold you hand?’ he ask me suddenly. I look at his worried face and smile at him while taking his cold hand into mine.

We headed fast to catch a cab. He looked relieved once he is in the cab and turn to look at me. ‘An Nyeong~ I wont introduce myself as you had already know my name. But don’t you think it’s a bit unfair as I don’t know your’s yet?’ Upon saying this, he gave me a smirk and I looked at him in an amusement.

 ‘An nyeong Ha se yo, Jeo Neon Ae Li ye yo’ ( Hello, I am Ae Li).

‘Ah~ Ae Li… Manaseo Bangawoyo (nice to meet you) I suppose I should call you… Noona (elder sister)?’

 I laughed at his remark and answered back ‘Ne, but don’t u think it’s a bit rude of you to talk informally  to your noona?’ He raised his eyebrow and look at me in surprise. I just shook my head and asked ‘Why are you in Orchard when you are suppose to wait for the interviewer at your hotel?’

He stretched his long leg, rested his back comfortably and spoke in a nonchalant tone ‘yah~ I was feeling bored and come out for a walk and lose my way. Lucky I met an angel who saved my life.’ Upon saying this he turn his head to look at me and give me a playful wink. I just cant help myself laughing at his witty reply.

It been 5 minutes and the cab is not moving at all!!  There’s an accident in front and the traffic is very slow. Kyuhyun look worried and keep looking at his watch and out of the cab window. I gazed out of the window and saw subway on our left hand side. I turn to Kyuhyun and asked ‘Kyuhyun ssi, shall we take subway? It would be faster. However, we have to be a bit more careful as there will be many people in the subway. The subway station is quite a distance from the hotel thus we have to walk there. Are you ok with it?’.   

He looked at me seriously and said ‘Yes, please. As long as I can make it on time. And, I trust you.’ I quickly paid the cab driver and got down the cab with him.

Luckily the subway is not as crowded as I imagine. Kyuhyun Ssi look uncomfortable again and hold on to my hand tightly. I squeeze his hand and gave him an encouraging smile. He smile weakly at me and I guided him toward a more secluded corner. Suddenly Kyuhyun ssi looked down and whisper to me. ‘I think someone recognize me.’ I looked at my left hand side and discover a few girls whispering among them self.  I turned and pulled his head down, pretending to snuggle up to him closer to hide his face.  He is a bit taken up for a moment. However, he regain his cheekiness fast enough and whisper at me ‘Ya~ do u like me this much, noona? This is only our 1st meeting and you are so impatient, in front of public some more.’  

I gave him a cold stare and hiss at him ‘ Do you want me to push you away now and let the girls to pounce on you?’

 He whisper back to me ‘Mian hae ( I am sorry), please continue to ‘hug me’. And chuckled playfully.

We reached the destination fast enough and ran all the way to the hotel. Upon reaching the hotel main door, his manager is waiting nervously in front the hotel front door. He heaved a sigh of relieve when he saw Kyuhyun ssi arriving. ‘Ya~ Kyuhyun, you better give me a good explanation after this. Meanwhile go and  get yourself ready now!’

Kyuhyun bow his head down and answer humbly ‘Yes, manager-hyung.’  Before Kyuhyun went in, he turned and asked ‘Ya, Ae Li, your mobile number.’

 I was shocked and looked at him ‘Yeh??!!’

He repeat ‘ Ur mobile number, ppali! (fast)’.

‘8xxx xxxx’ I heard myself saying.

 ‘Go ma wo (thak you) I saw him  saved my number in his mobile and gave me a smirk before he ran in to get himself ready.

I turn and walk back to subway station again to catch the train back to my home. Am I dreaming? I asked myself. However, Who care whether it is a dream  or not?

‘Ne ga sarang bi yo eop so, na geu da do ra go…..’

Who is it? At this hour of the time? I glance at my phone and saw it’s a foreign number. Who could it be?

 

** i tried to add in some Korean romanization as to make te story more interesting. However, i could be wrong as i am not very good with korean either. Comment, suggestion are most welcome. I hope you guy will enjoy the story, let me know what you think as well, all right? Thanks~