Dara's parents

To Reach You

 

Dara's POV

 

As I am walking back to my house, I am still thinking that why Jiyong said that I don't understand at him at all? Did my explanation to our classmates gone wrong? Or maybe that  I should not explain to them and just ignore what they are saying? But Jiyong said that I must be honest to everyone so that I can be friends with them. I sigh. Is he mad at me now? I want to cry. No, I can't take that. Should I avoid him so he will not be mad at me? But, I want to be with him. Talk to him. Aish! I don't know what to do anymore.

"Ssantokki, you're here now." my mother Eun Joo said. Ssantokki is my nickname at home because Mom said that I look like a rabbit when I was a baby "Change your clothes first then come at the dining table, your Dad is already there" I just nodded then run immediately to my room.

After finish changing. "Hi Dad. You're early tonight. No overtime?" I asked my father Hyun Suk

He shook his head and smiled at me. Then he stared at me. "Is there anything wrong Ssantokki?"

I was surprised. How come he notice that. Everytime I'm with my parents, I always have a blank expression. Mom always said to me that I should not hide my feelings with them. But I know that they knew that I love them the most. It's just that I'm not really good in expressing feelings. But when I know Jiyong beyond being a classmate, I guess I am starting to change.

"Omo...our Ssantokki now giving us a different expression." Mom looks very happy "Is it because you met a guy in your school?" she continued. My eyes widened then I heard that Dad laugh.

I bow my head, trying to hide my burning cheeks. Should I tell to them about Jiyong?

"Ssantokki, if anything that bothers you. Whether from your school or personal, you can tell that to us. After all, we were always be here for you. We will listen to you." Dad said.

I look up to them. Look to their faces. "Don't worry about me Mom. Dad. I'll tell you everything once I have the courage. It's just that I am embarrased right now. I don't know how to start. But I'm fine." then I smiled.

I saw their surprised faces. "Omo! Omo! Our Ssantokki smiled at us dear!" Mom said to Dad. "Unlike before, It's a real smile. Are you inlove Ssantokki?"

My eyes widened again. Inlove? To whom? Jiyong? No it can't be! He is my idol and I respect him. And I don't know how it feels to be inlove. I'm only a highschool student. Also, falling in love is not on my mind right now.

I shook my head very hard.

"Dear, your jumping into a conclusion. Let our Ssantokki enjoy her youth." Dad said to Mom.

"But Dear, her current aura is like mine. You know when I realized that I am inlove with you." Mom said.

Dad just laugh. "Dear, Ssantokki still a highschool student. So don't pollute her head."

Mom pout her lips. My Mom is like that whenever she is arguing with Dad. Then, a small laugh came from me.

"Omo! Omo! Omo! Dear! Our Ssantokki is now laughing!" Mom said. Dad laugh again. "Who is that guy? Is he from your school. I want to meet him!" now, my Mom is hyper.

"Dear, Ssantokki is not yet telling us the reason. So, please. Calm down."

Mom look at me with her puppy eyes. I look at the opposite direction. Avoiding her. I know that when she is doing this to Dad, he will surrender. So, this time. I won't. I am not ready yet to tell them about Jiyong.

I heard Mom sigh "Arasso...Arasso...I'll just wait for you Ssantokki. But please don't be too long okay? You know, we will migrate after your graduation. So I want you to feel the puppy love that every normal highschool student should have."

Is my Mom for real? Puppy love? Aish! She really is something. I salute my Dad for being a patient man to her.

 


 

Wow! 10 subscribers! Thank you! *bow*

I am now preparing the next chapter wink 

Lots of ideas are now in my head, I don't know how to put it all laugh