Revelation

To Reach You

 

 

Dara's POV
 
 
 
It's just few days before graduation. There are no regular classes now, just practicing for graduation rites.
 
And today, I am gonna tell them about my family's migration after graduation.
 
I need to do this now. I sigh.
 
"Aish! Why do we need to practice? Will just go to the stage and accept the certification." Bom said.
 
"Bommie, you're always complaining. Go to the principal office." ChaeRin said.
 
"I am not talking to you! I am talking to myself" 
 
"Oh really. So, did it answer you?"
 
"Shut up!"
 
Bom, ChaeRin and I laugh together. I will surely miss this.
 
"Dara, we will go to your house after these" Bom said. ChaeRin nodded in agreement.
 
I smiled at them. Great. This is really the right time.
 
After practice, Jiyong went to me "Dara, I'll walk you home."
 
"Yah! Jiyong! She's ours today. You know, girl bonding." Bom said.
 
"Girl bonding?" SeungHyun asked her. "Since when did you know that thing?" he smirk at her.
 
"I don't need your opinion idiot!"
 
We just laugh at Bom. "Let us come." Jiyong said.
 
"Aigoo. Bommie, have some mercy on Jiyong." ChaeRin said.
 
"Aish! Fine!" 
 
Then, all of us went to my house including Jae.
 
"Omo. A new face." Mom said. She is referring to Jae. "Wow, you are a beautiful young man."
 
I saw Jae blush. He scratch his forehead and bow to Mom. "Thank you Mrs Park."
 
"Aigoo. So formal. Just call me Tita Eun Joo." 
 
Jae nodded and smiled at her. 
 
"Kids, I'll just prepare dinner for you so go to Dara's bedroom for now." 
 
All of us nodded and went to my room. We chat for a while then I guess it's time now to tell them the truth.
 
"Ah guys. I need to tell you something." they all look at me. I smiled at them. "First of all, I want to thank all of you for letting me to be your friend. Our friendship really means a lot to me." 
 
"What is this? A graduation speech?" Bom interrupted me.
 
"Sshhh. Shut up you noisy idiot." ChaeRin said.
 
I laugh a little. Trying to ease the tension that filled up my body. I inhale deeply. "After graduation, my family will migrate to Australia." there, finally. "Sorry for telling you these too late."
 
Bom's eyes widened. "What?! That soon?!"
 
I look to others. To my surprise, they are calm and just smiling at me. I bow my head, tears are now forming in my eyes. "Are you not mad at me?" Silence filled my room.
 
"Of course not." ChaeRin finally talk. "You have your own reason for not telling about this us before. But we will still see each other right?"
 
I lifted my head then immediately nodded. "Promise." I even raise my right hand. I look at Jiyong, I smiled at him. "I'll be back." Definitely. I said to myself.
 
Then, I heard a sob. I found out it's Bom. All of us laugh. "Yah! Here I am, crying and yet all of you are laughing at me?!"
 
"Aigoo. Bommie is really becoming an ahjumma. You're so emotional." ChaeRin . We laugh again. 
 
"Kids. Dinner is ready." I heard Mom said.
 
Bom immediately get up "Food! I am coming!" then run downstairs. 
 
"She is really something." I heard Jae said. Then look at SeungHyun "Good luck to you."
 
SeungHyun just smirk. Then, all of us followed Bom.
 
After dinner, all of them are ready to go home now except for Jiyong.
 
"It's still early." he scratch his head but others just laugh at him.
 
"See you tomorrow" ChaeRin said. I smiled at her. Then, all of them started to leave.
 
"Where is your Dad?" Jiyong asked me when we reach our room. Mom instructed us to just stay here because Jiyong tried to help her to wash the dishes.
 
"He is on the seminar right now. He will be back tomorrow."
 
He just nodded and look at me. "Why your family will migrate?"
 
I smiled at him. "It's because of Dad's family business there. Apparently, YoungBae's dad can't handle the business anymore by him alone. So, he ask Dad's help. The first plan is that I will took highschool at Australia but Dad can't leave his work immediately so they just decided that we will just go there after my graduation."
 
"I see." he smiled and hold my hand. "You know, we should have fun while you're still here."
 
I immediately nodded and caress his hand. "I am going to miss you." 
 
He smiled and pull me for a hug. "Me too."