Saturday Night

To Reach You

 

Dara's POV

 

I heard the door bell rang so I run immediately. It's already 5pm today. I am really excited! It's the first time that other persons will stay overnight at house. My parents already knew this. As I expected, they were excited too especially Mom.

As I opened the door, Bom and ChaeRin is there. With their things. Smiling at me widely. 

"Oh dear! Ssantokki's friends are already here." I heard Mom said.

"Ssantokki?" ChaeRin asked.

"That's my nickname here" I said.

When Bom and ChaeRin entered, that's the only time I noticed that SeungHyun is there too! My eyes widened. I suddenly remembered what Jessica said to me yesterday.

"Dara, mianhe but this idiot tag his self along with us. But don't worry, he will not sleep here tonight. He just want to come." Bom said.

I just smiled and nodded. The three of them greeted my parents.

"Omo! Dear! There is a guy here!" my mom said. "Handsome young man, are you single?" she continued. I heard Bom and ChaeRin laugh.

"Mom!" I said. "What are you saying?!"

"Mianhe SeungHyun." I bow at him.

"That's ok." he said then smile. He also has a beautiful smile like Jiyong. Stop! I said to myself. Why am I comparing him to Jiyong? 

We started to eat dinner. During dinner, my mom throws a lot of question to them. Dad is just laughing on every words that will came out from Mom.

"Dear, we already finished eating if you still not notice. Let them enjoy the rest of the night with themselves." Dad said. Then he turned to us "Girls and you youngman, you can go now to Dara's bedroom."

"Not yet Ahjussi! We will wash the dishes first." Bom said.

"No sweetie, we will do it. Just go" Mom said. Then I heard Mom said. "Behave little children." then giggle.

"Dara, you have a cool parents especially your Mom" ChaeRin said. 

I nodded "Yeah, we are really different to each other right?"

"Yes but she is pretty as you." Bom said. I blushed. I look at SeungHyun "Don't mind him Dara, just think that he is not existing here" she continued. 

ChaeRin laugh. "Omo, poor SeungHyun"

He just chuckled. Then ChaeRin's mobile phone ring. "Hello? Not right now, I'm busy. Maybe some other time." then she hang up.

"Who was that?" Bom asked.

"A guy that I met somewhere." ChaeRin answered.

"Wow! Your boyfriend?" Bom said.

"Nope. I am not interested at him." ChaeRin answered. She look at me then laugh "What's with the face?"

"I...I am just amazed at you. You're so grown up." I said

She laugh again. "Don't worry Dara, someday, you will understand the world of grown-ups" then she turn to Bom 

I saw Bom's face reddened. "What are you looking at?"

"Nothing" ChaeRin said then laugh. The she look at SeungHyun, who is currently doing something on his cellphone. 

"Yah! ChaeRin! What are you trying to imply?" Bom shout. Still blushing.

"I said nothing" Chaerin still laughing.

I copied what ChaeRin did. I look at Bom then at SeungHyun, then I realized something. Maybe this is what ChaeRin trying to say.

"SeungHyun, Bom. Are you two dating?" I asked them

SeungHyun look at me, smirking but he did not say anything.

Bom's eyes widened, her whole face turned to a tomato color. "Dara! What are you saying?! We are just childhood friends." then she turn to SeungHyun ''Yah! Say something! Don't just smirk, you idiot!"

ChaeRin laugh. They really look good together, I thought.

Then a decision came to my mind, I'll delay my plan to talk with SeungHyun. There's still another time. 

"You're cute here Dara. Ssantokki suits as your nickname. You really look like a rabbit back then." I heard ChaeRin said, pointing my picture when I was still a kid.

"Do you have a picture when you're still in grade school?" I asked them. I want to see the young Bom, ChaeRin and SeungHyun.

"Yes I have." ChaeRin said, she get her wallet then show it to me.

"Wow..ChaeRin...your eyes...it's so small. But you're so cute!" I said. 

Now, it's Bom's turn. "I don't have my solo picture here in my wallet. But I have a picture with SeungHyun and Jiyong. We already knew each other since grade school."

I immediately recognized Jiyong, so cute! I'm sure that if he will have a son in the future, it's the same face. I smiled at that thought. 

"Bommie, you have a fat cheeks before." ChaeRin said. Teasing her.

"Yah! I know that so don't say it again." Bom shout.

Then my eyes locked at the third peson in the picture, a young fat boy. Is it SeungHyun? I look at him. He smile and nodded. Oh, it's really him.

"And you're fat too." ChaeRin continued to tease Bom.

"Oh shut up! SeungHyun is fatter than me. Can't you see?" Bom said.

"But SeungHyun is cute here." I said.

Bom looked at me, her eyes seems telling that she really didn't meant to 'insult' SeungHyun.

ChaeRin laugh. "Dara, how about the young Jiyong? Did you find him cute too?"

I nodded. And why I am blushing?! Is it because of ChaeRin's teasing eyes?

"Wait! How about we call Jiyong? So SeungHyun will not go home alone tonight. Their houses are really not that far with each other." ChaeRin said.

"Hey SeungHyun! Give me your phone, we'll use it. Dara, call him." Bom said. SeungHyun handed his phone to her.

My eyes widened. "Me?!"

"That's a nice suggestion Bom! I bet Jiyong will be surprised if he hear a girl's voice from SeungHyun's phone." ChaeRin said. She's grinning to all of us.

"But I'm nervous!" I said.

"Don't be. It's just Jiyong." Bom said. She type his cellphone number and then place the phone on my ear. It's now ringing.

Omo! I'm so nervous! After 4 rings, a voice answered it. "SeungHyun?" it's definitely Jiyong's voice. Now, my heartbeat is beating so fast.

"Ah...Jiyong, it's Dara." I said.

 


 

Jiyong's POV

 

It's Saturday night. I am currently playing video games then my phone suddenly ring. I answered it "SeungHyun?"

There a seconds of silence and I was about to speak again but I heard some little noise in the background.

"Ah...Jiyong, it's Dara." finally someone spoke from the other line but wait. Dara?! Why SeungHyun's phone is with her? I am now in a panic state. 

"Dara! What's going on?!" I said. Why she is with SeungHyun?! Are they by themselves only? I am really trying to calm myself but I can't help but to be jealous. 

"Bom, ChaeRin and SeungHyun are at my house right now." she said

I felt some relief. So, she is not alone with SeungHyun.

"They will sleep here." she added

"What?! SeungHyun too?!" 

"Ah no! Only Bom and ChaeRin. Can...can you come here too? So SeungHyun will not go home alone." she said. Is she somehow concern with SeungHyun?! Aish! So many thoughts are on my mind now. 

"And I... I think that it will be more fun if... if you are here Jiyong." she continued. 

What she said automatically lifted my spirits up. "Arasso...I'll come now! I'll be there soonest." then I hang up.

 


 

Dara's POV

 

"What did he say?" ChaeRin asked me.

"He will be coming now in any minute... but" I paused for a while.

"But?" Bom said.

"But, he didn't ask my address. Did he knew where I live at?" I asked them.

"He knew." SeungHyun answered.

"Huh?" I am confused now. "But I don't remember that I told him my address before"

"Well... Jiyong has his own little way of getting some information" ChaeRin mysteriously said.

"What?!" Bom said. She also confused like me.

ChaeRin just laugh and SeungHyun smile. 

"Aish! These two idiots! You're hiding something to us!" Bom said.

"Oh yeah... just like that campus queen. But we are on a good side. Right SeungHyun?" ChaeRin said. SeungHyun just smile. Again, without saying anything.

"Aish! By the way, speaking of that campus queen" Bom said "she's really quite popular with boys in school"

"Not on me" SeungHyun suddenly said. 

"What...what is your ideal type?" I asked him.

"A dense one." he answered. 

Huh? I looked at Bom then I saw her face paled. It's like she's hurting somewhere.

ChaeRin laugh again. "I know someone like that." she looked at me then to Bom. She smirked then said "Aigoo! Bommie is going to cry!"

"I am not! And I don't care who he is his ideal type." Bom pouted. The hurt in her face earlier is not there anymore. I guess she already hide it. 

Later on, I heard Mom calling me "Ssantokki, there is another handsome young man here. Oh. Jiyong is the name. You can now go to Dara's bedroom. Upstairs, left side."

After a while, Jiyong entered my room. As usual, the smile on his face is there. 

"Oh the refreshing guy is already here." Bom said, she's now back in her normal state. Teasing Jiyong. 

"Aish! Don't say that!" he said

"You know Dara, don't believe in what you're seeing in Jiyong. The truth is, he is ert and an emotional young man." ChaeRin said. Jiyong's face turned into red.

"Dara! That's not true! Don't believe in her." he said. Irritation is visible in his face.

I smiled and nodded.

"Omo! Dara! i thought were already friends. You believed in Jiyong than us?" Bom said. Acting as if hurt. 

Then all of us laugh. "This is fun." I suddenly said.

"Really?" ChaeRin said "Then expect more fun in the coming days" Bom, SeungHyun and Jiyong nodded in agreement.

I am really looking forward to that.

 


 

What a long chapter! cheeky