Departure

To Reach You

 

Dara's POV

 

This day has finally come. Our graduation day. Everyone around me is happy and excited. Well, I am too, it's just that tomorrow, we will migrate to Australia. Meaning, I am going to be far away from my friends. From Jiyong. I can't help but to be sad.

I sigh. This is not the right time to have a feeling like this. I don't wanna burden them.

"Dara." a voice from my back, when I turn around, it's Jessica. She smiled, but unlike before, I felt it's a genuine smile. "Congratulations."

"Thank you. Congratulations to you too."

"Well, I came to you because I wanted to say sorry."

"Eh?! For what?" I am suddenly confused.

She just smiled then leave me.

"Dara!" I heard Bom's voice.

"What did she said?" ChaeRin asked.

"She is giving her congrats but she also said sorry to me. I really don't know why."

They both chuckled. "Don't mind her." 

Bom put her arms around me. "Let's have a picture together."

I smiled and nodded. I saw Jiyong, he is with our other classmates.

And I knew that my cheeks were burning because I suddenly remembered what happened at the river. He somehow sense that I am looking at him, he wink at me when our eyes met.

"You're blushing, Dara. Did something happened?" ChaeRin asked with a teasing tone and eyes.

It made my whole face turned red. She just laugh while Bom is sort of confused.

First, our whole class took a picture. After that, Bom, Chaerin and I took a picture. Courtesy of Mom. Our parents are with us. She even declared herself as our photographer. 

Then, I took a picture with Jae. With SeungHyun and Bom. With Jae and ChaeRin. And with Jiyong. All of them look at us with a teasing eyes and smile. So, it's really hard for us to act naturally in front of them.

Lastly, Mom took a picture of me with all of them. 

"Dara, what time is your flight tomorrow?" ChaeRin asked.

"7pm."

"We will go to your house after lunch so we can accompany you to the airport." she continued.

"Eh?! No need." I bow my head. "I don't want to cry."

They laugh at me.

"That's fine." Jae said. "Or we can all cry tomorrow so you wouldn't be embarassed."

They laugh more.

Next day. All our things are now packed.

"Ssantokki" Dad knocked at my door. I opened it. "Ready? You're friends are already here."

I nodded and get my bag then came down with him.

Bom and ChaeRin are busy talking to Mom while the boys are outside.

Then we start to travel going to the airport. All of us are silent then I felt Jiyong hold my hand. I just smiled at him.

"Dara, contact us right away once you arrived there okay?" Bom said. I nodded. "And take care." she starts to sob. Mom and Dad already went inside while I was at the entrance of the airport with them.

SeungHyun chuckled. "It's Dara who will leave. Not you."

"Shut up! I am not talking to you!"

We laugh. I hug her then whisper to her ear. "SeungHyun likes you more than a friend." She gasped. "It's a secret. Don't tell anyone." 

"What are you two talking about?" ChaeRin gave us a curious look. 

I just giggled. Then I hug her after Bom. "Thank you. You really a great friend. If I can help you with anything, just tell me okay? You always there for me, so I guess that I should be a help to you too."

She smiled "Sure."

I came closer at SeungHyun. He patted my head. "Take care of Bom." he just nodded and smiled at me.

After him, I came to Jae. "Take care of ChaeRin."

"What?!" she immediately reacted.

Jae and I chuckle. He patted also my head.

When it's my time to talk to Jiyong, others turn their backs at us. He laugh. "Idiots."

I became teary-eyed when we face each other "J-Jiyong...I know that I already said this to you but I'll come back. That's a promise."

He smiled then gave me a quick kiss on the lips. He hug me afterwards. "I'll wait. I love you." 

I hug him back. "I love you too."

Later on, I entered the airport. I waved at them. They waved at me too. 

As soon as I seat at the airplane, tears fell from my eyes. Mom and Dad didn't say anything, they just let me to release all the emotions that I had been holding to since I revealed to my friends about our migration.