Vacation

To Reach You

 

Dara's POV

 

"I would like to congratulate everyone for passing the exam. So, enjoy your vacation and see you next year. Merry Christmas and Happy New year class." Mr Kim said then smile at us. All of us, in chorus, greet him back. Then he left the room.

"Yes! This is it! The best season is coming!" Bom scream.

ChaeRin laugh "Yah! You're so noisy."

Bom just grinned at her then she turn to me "Dara, expect us to come at your house during vacation."

I smiled and nodded. I am excited! 

"Let's go home now." ChaeRin said. 

"Ah...I'll return some books." I said to them.

"Arasso. We will just wait for you at the gate" ChaeRin said.

I nodded. Then they left the room. I saw SeungHyun follow them. And I can't find Jae and Jiyong in the room. Did they already leave? I started to walk, going to library.

Vacation is almost a month. It means, I will not see Jiyong for that period of time. Suddenly, I felt emptiness. I hold my chest, to think that I will not see him bring some pain in my heart. Then, I remembered what SeungHyun said before. That she love Bom because she is special to him. 

I was unable to think for a while. Then, a realization hit me. I am inlove with Jiyong. And my heart beat so fast. Only him can do these things to me. I guess I already fall for him since that day. The day I first saw him, the day he said thank you to me, the day he smile at me. 

"So, is this the feeling of being in love?" I asked myself.  I am happy. 

"Dara!" someone called my name. When I turn around, I saw Jae. Running to me. He is also had a beautiful smile like Jiyong. Whenever I'm with Jae, my heart is calm but if with Jiyong, it's beating so fast. So, there is really a big difference in liking someone and loving someone.

I stop and smiled at him. "I thought you left already." 

He smiled "I just talked to someone. I was in panic earlier because I don't find you in the room when I came back."  Then we started to walk. "Let me carry that books, you will return these?" I nodded. "How will you spend your vacation?"

"Bom, ChaeRin and I will keep in touch. They will also come to our house." I said. "How about you?"

"We will go to my grandparents' house at Hongkong." he said. "But I really want to stay, to be with you, ChaeRin and Bom too these Christimas."

"We'll just call each other." He didn't say anything but he just smiled and nodded.

When we are done returning the books. Jae still accompany me until the gate. ChaeRin's eyebrow automatically raised when she saw Jae. I heard Jae chuckled. 

And Jiyong is there too. My plan is to avoid his stare because I felt my cheeks burn upon seeing him but there is something in his face that I can't tell. Is he mad? To me? Or he is just not feeling well? I sigh.

I saw SeungHyun poke Jiyong's back. The look earlier on Jiyong's face already gone. Then, he smile. A force smile actually.

"Yah Jae! You're with Dara again. Do you like her?" Bom straightly said.

"Of course I do." Jae said. I just smiled. I knew what he meant. He like me because I am his friend. And I know that he knew that I like him too because we are friends.

SeungHyung smirk. ChaeRin and Jiyong's face are blank.  "Because she is my friend" he wink at me. "I also like you Bom and well... ChaeRin too." he widely smile when he said ChaeRin's name.

Bom grinned at him. "Well, I am glad to hear that. Dara is not allowed yet to date! She is ours!" she point herself and  put her arm in ChaeRin's shoulder.

Jae laugh. "Arasso." then he look at me "I'll go ahead now. Take care."

I nodded and smiled at him. "You too. Merry Christmas and Happy New year."

He patted my head. "You too." then he turn to them. "You guys, too" 

"Enjoy your vacation!" Bom said. While SeungHyun, ChaeRin and Jiyong just nodded.

"Dara" When Jae left, that's the only time ChaeRin talk. I look at her. "Let's go to your house today." she finally smile

I nodded and get my phone. I texted Mom that my friends will come today.

"Oh with Jiyong and SeungHyun too." she grinned to me.

My eyes widened then look at the boys. They are smiling. Jiyong's smile now are genuine. My heart beat fast again.