Friends Only

To Reach You

 

Dara's POV

 

Many emotions filled my whole being. Happiness. Relief. Fear. Worry. etc. but the bottom line is, Jiyong and I share the same feeling.

Honestly, I really don't believe at him first. But when I look at his eyes, I saw the truth. That's why, I cried really hard. 

Right now, loving Jiyong is the best moment of my life. 

"Dara" I don't why but hearing my name from him sounds so beautiful. He hold my both hands and smiled happily at me. "I love you. I really do. Since the first time we met." he said.

I paused for a while. I always remember that day. Maybe, it will be stored in my memory forever.

"Me too." I smiled at him. Then we started to walk. Holding hands. We watch the parade and there is some fireworks.

"Beautiful" I said while looking at the fireworks.

"Yeah." I heard Jiyong said. I thought he is looking at the fireworks too but when I turn to his side, he is looking at me! I blush. I heard him chuckled.

When the fireworks are finished, we decided to go home.

"You look happy Ssantokki" Mom said when she visited my room before going to sleep.

I blush and nodded to her. "Is it because of Jiyong?" I nodded again. "Did you already told him about our leaving after your graduation?"

I suddenly became sad. "Not yet. I can't tell it right now. I am not ready." 

She hug me "You have to tell it to your friends soonest. Arasso?"

I nodded. "Thank you Mom." and smiled at her.

 


 

Jiyong's POV

 

"You look happy" SeungHyun said. We are now on our way to school.

I grinned at him. "Well, you can say that"

He smirk. "Did something happened over the weekend?"

I smiled widely and told him what happened last Saturday.

"So, is she your girlfriend now?" 

I paused for a while and scratch his head "Well, we really did not talk about that. But we have the same feeling so I guess it's enough."

"Idiot." he laugh

"What?" 

"It's not enough. Yeah you're inlove with each other but you did not talk about going out officially. There is a possibility that it may lead into a misunderstanding between the two of you " he said.

He had a point "I can't let a misunderstanding get in our way. We are just starting. I'll talk to her later."

"That's my boy." he said in a teasing tone and pat my shoulder

"Shut up."

When we arrived at our classroom, I immediately look for Dara. My face darkened when I saw her happily talking with Jae.

"That's what I meant." I heard SeungHyun said.

I gave him a deadly stare. He laugh and went to his desk. He greeted Dara and Jae since they are on the same row. Aish! Why am I not sitting near with Dara? 

Then I saw Dara look at me. She smiled at me but her face is somehow reddened. Her smile automatically lifted my mood up. I was about to smile back at her but I heard Seungri called me. I just sigh.

 

 


 

Dara's POV

 

"You look happy" Jae said. We just finished some errand at the library. We are now returning to the classroom.

I can't look at him right now because I know I am blushing. Was I that obvious?

"Did Jiyong already confess to you?" he said.

I gasped. "How..how did you know that?"

He laugh "Just a wild guess" 

"Last Saturday is the happiest day of my life." then I smiled.

He chuckled. "So I guess I have no chance at you at all."

"Eh?! Do you..do you like---" aish! I can't finish my sentence. Maybe I got the wrong message.

He stop walking so do I. "I like you Dara." he said in serious tone. "More than a friend" and look at me straightly

My eyes widened then I bow my head. "Mianhe." I don't know what to say anymore. 

He patted my head. "It's fine. I already knew that these day gonna happen so I am fully prepared."

I lifted my head. "Jae." tears are now forming in my eyes. I really feel sorry for him. 

"Don't cry. I am tough guy. I just need to tell my feelings to you. Now, I felt better" he smiled but I can still see some pain in his eyes.

"But...we are still friends right?"

He laugh. "Of course. We will always be."