Celebration

To Reach You

 

Dara's POV

 

After 4days of sports festival, today, our class officialy proclaimed as winners in baseball and soccer games. 

Bom is extremely happy. She even hug all of us including Mr Kim.

"Let's have a celebration!" Jiyong declared

Our class cheered. Mr Kim will not come with us.

"Let's go to karaoke bar!" Seungri said. All of us agreed.

"Yes! I'm gonna sing the whole night." Bom shouted then run to SeungHyun with Jiyong who are currently on the first line of our class heading to the karaoke bar.

ChaeRin laugh. I just smiled.

Then I remembered that I must call Mom and Dad. When I checked my bag, my phone is not there. "Oh no. It's not here."

"What is it?" a voice said. When I look at, it's Jae. I didn't notice him that he's already beside me. ChaeRin is in my front and when she turn to me, her face is blank. I sigh. I already said to her that Jae is a nice guy but she still did not like Jae's presence around us.

"My...my phone. It's not in my bag. Maybe I forgot it in our house. I should tell Mom and Dad that I will be going home late." I said to him. We are still walking. The karaoke bar is just a few blocks from our school.

"Here. Use my phone." he said then smile.

"Can I?" he nodded and give it to me. Then I call Mom, she said that she will just tell it to Dad once he got home. "Take care Ssantokki and enjoy" she said then hung up. I returned Jae's phone to him. "Thank you." then I smile

He look at me then suddenly pinch my cheeks "You are really cute Dara! Always smile like that, arasso?" I nodded. Then I felt my cheeks burned. Aish! We are in the middle of the road! I noticed that we already catch the attention of our classmates but Jae seems not. 

"Omo. Mianhe. Your cheeks are red already." he let go my cheeks then laugh. "Hey. Give me your number so we can easily communicate if we don't have class." he said.

I nodded and dictate it to him. 

Then I saw Jiyong from the front, like ChaeRin, his face is blank. Then he look away immediately when I noticed that he is looking at us. 

"Here we are! Let's do this!" Bom shouted. 

"Aigoo. Bom, you're so noisy." ChaeRin said. It made our class laugh.

Bom just grinned at her. "Hey Jae! Why you're always with Dara? You're stealing her from us. ChaeRin get Dara away from him." she said. It made our class laugh more. Well, except for Jiyong. His face still blank. Is he sick? I sigh.

Then I look at Jae. He is also laughing. "Arasso...Arasso...Dara, go to them. I'll just be here. Behind you." then he wink at me. I smiled at him then go to ChaeRin. 

Once we inside, Bom immediately get the mic and type her song number. "Did she already knew the number of her song? She didn't even yet check song book." I whispered to ChaeRin. I was in between her and Jae. Bom seats in front of us, with Jiyong and SeungHyun.

ChaeRin nodded. "That idiot is always in the karaoke almost every weekend because she really loves to sing." she took a glance with Jae who is currently busy with his phone. 

Then I heard Jae let out a big sigh. "Is there anything wrong? I asked him.

He smiled at me. "Well...not really a problem but Mom wants me to go home now. She texted me that we need to prepare our things."

My eyes widened. "You're leaving?"

He laugh then patted my head. "Yeah. But just for this weekend, we will visit my grandparents. But she can prepare with by herself! Aish! I really want to stay" then he sigh again.

I smiled and hold his hand. "Go home now. Don't worry about us."

He look at me then at our hands. I blush and immediately remove my hands. "Mianhe." I said.

He laugh again. "It's fine." he hold my hand. "Your hands are soft. You don't do house chores?" he grinned at me. 

I was about to reply him but we heard a glass broken. I found out that it's Jiyong glass.

"Mianhe." he scratch his head "It slipped." he is not looking at our direction. 

My classmates just laugh and that he will pay the damages. Jiyong laugh too and said that he doesn't have money so all of us will pay the damages. My classmates laugh again.

Then I heard Jae's soft laugh. "I knew why." I look at him with confused face. He wink at me then stand up. "I better go now."

I stand up too. "I'll walk you outside."

"Ah no. I can manage." he smiled.

"I insist. These is the least thing that I can do for borrowing your phone earlier." I said.

He laugh. "Arasso...Arasso."

Bom still singing. Then I look at ChaeRin. Silently getting her approval. I smiled when she nodded. "I'll be back." she nodded again.

"Let's go?" Jae said. I nodded at him. 

Before leaving the room, I took a glance at Jiyong and I found at that he is looking at me. There is something in his face that I can't name. I just bow my head then follow Jae.