3 seconds

To Reach You

 

Jiyong's POV

 

"Gather around everyone! Every group consist of 2 students and each group will leave every 5 minutes. Once you get to the final stop, make sure you will get your respective numbers and give it back to me. That's the proof that you've been really there. No cheating. I have my eyes everywhere so don't dare to try. Now first group, go!" I heard Mr Kim say

"Jiyong" I heard SeungHyun called my name.

I looked at him with a questioning eyes.

He smirk then said "You're looking for someone?"

I divert my eyes to other side and I heard him chukled. "Now what?" I am somehow pissed off.

"Oh! I think Sadako's not coming. I can't see her anywhere" one of our classmate said

I sigh. Is she really not coming? Then we heard a loud scream.

I saw Bom and ChaeRin silently laughing. "Good job guys." I said to them. They both grinned at me.

Now it's my and SeungHyun turn to go but I can't see him anymore. "Bom, where is your boyfriend?" I asked her.

I saw Bom's cheeks turned red "Yah! What the hell are you saying? He is not my boyfriend and I am not his keeper!" she shouted, maybe trying to hide her embarrassment. Then I and ChaeRin laugh.

"Jiyong, he already left." ChaeRin smile widely.

"What?! So I will go alone?" I am not that really scared. Well, just a little.

Bom and ChaeRin laugh. I sighed and search again the area. Still hoping that she will come.

"Hey you Jiyong! Go now! Don't be a chicken." Bom teasing me.

"Jiyong, once you see the 'ghost'. Please give it to her. We forgot to give it to her earlier." ChaeRin gave me a small bag containing snacks and juice drink.

"Who?" I asked her. But they pushed me.

"Go now!" they both said.

"Arasso...Arasso" then I started to walk. Now, I am not paying attention to my surroundings because I am still thinking about Dara. Why she didn't come? Then a chilling wind came to me. I embrace myself then I saw silhouette. I gulped. Is that for real? No, maybe that's the 'ghost' that ChaeRin talking about earlier.

"Ah excuse me. ChaeRin wanted this to----" I did not finish my sentence when I saw who is the 'ghost'. It's Dara! "You! What are you doing here?" I was really surprised. Then I felt happiness. Because after all, she is here.

Her eyes widened whe she saw me. "I...I...I am playing the role of the ghost." she said.

It's seems that my chest release some heavy feelings that I am feeling earlier. "Why Bom and ChaeRin did not tell me that you will be the ghost? I thought you weren't coming"

She was startled by my statement. "You are not scared doing this ghost role-playing alone?" I asked her.

She shook her head. She was silent for a while then say "I'm not. I like the night. The air at night calms me. The smell. The sound of leaves, insects and such."

I seat at the grass and look up to her. "Yeah you're right. So, can I stay here too? Since I am the last student you will scare." I chuckled.

"What? How about the courage test? The number that you need to give to Mr Kim?" she now starting to panic.

I laugh. "I can handle that. I can ask Bom and ChaeRin's help. So don't worry about me. By the way, this is yours" I gave the small bag. "From Bom and ChaeRin."

Her eyes now forming tears, touched by the thoughtfulness of those two. "Really?"

I nodded then smile at her. Then we heard like someone is coming to our way. It popped out Bom and ChaeRin. They were surprised to see me with Dara.

"Yah! Jiyong, what are you doing here?" Bom asked me.

"So this is the reason why you're number still at the final stop." ChaeRin grinned at me.

"Shut up ChaeRin" I snapped at her then look away. Avoiding her teasing eyes.

"Jiyong, are you trying to be a gentleman here? Oh well, you are Jiyong. The refreshing guy. The good guy." now it's Bom's turn to tease me.

"Oh you shut up too! I'll tell this to SeungHyun." I warned her. She just laugh with ChaeRin. Oh great, they are laughing at me.

"By the way, Sadako... you did a good job! Everyone screamed." Bom said then laugh like a witch. CheaRin nodded.

I looked at Dara, now crying then said "Thank You Bom and ChaeRin" they just grinned at her then started to walk away from us.

"Hey. Stop crying." she nodded.

"They are good people." she said.

I just smiled. "Hey, you opened up your heart. That's great!"

She stopped for a while  "Really? It's all thanks to you J-Jiyong"

I was shocked. "What? Why me? I didn't do anything!"

She shook her head "No. It's really because of you.I was able to express my feelings. Just like you said yesterday, I just need to be honest with everyone. I told Bom and ChaeRin yesterday that I will be happy if I will be the ghost. I scared everyone too, so that's already an accomplishment for me. So, thank you." then a smile formed in her face. I was surprised. Wait, did she really smile? She's a beauty!

"Ahm well you're welcome. Actually, you're an optimistic person Dara." I said.

She seems lost for a while "Huh? Me? Really? That's...tha'ts the first time that someone said it to me" Then our eyes met. I count... 1...2...3... then I look away. "Don't look at me like that!" I burst out, oh crap! She will misunderstood it.

"Mianhe! I forgot that I should not stare at certain person for more than 3 seconds. I'll be careful next time!" she immediately bow her head.

"It's not like that. I don't believe in rumors around you. It's just that...aish! Please don't make me say it!" I also bow my head. I felt my face is burning. She didn't respond. Her head still facing the grass. We are not saying anything. No one dare to speak again.

 


 

Yipee! 9 subscribers already. Thank you *bow* I am now preparing the next chapter wink