New Experiences

Evolution

 

You’re staring at the window for several minutes already. Watching the sky as night creeps in. You sighed. Why Myungsoo didn’t call you yet. He asked for your number before he went back with that girl. He promised he’ll call you once he reaches home. After the girl hugged Myungsoo, she drags Myungsoo out of your house almost instantly. But she manages to say ‘nice to meet you’ before they leave. You’re so curious about that girl. Why Myungsoo didn’t tell you anything about that girl. Then your phone rings, “Hi”. Your heart starts beating faster. Just a simple ‘hi’ from Myungsoo can make your heart beat faster. “Hey. You reached home safely?” you asked carefully. “Of course I reached home safely. If not then why am I here talking to you?” he said sharply. You can feel your cheeks turning red. “Oh, okay. Sorry for being such a dumb.” There’s an awkward silence before Myungsoo said “You coming to school tomorrow right? Amber was looking for you this morning.” “Yeah, I’m coming. Wait, who’s Amber?” Is that girl just now you met was Amber? Is that her name? “Amber, our classmate. You don’t know her? Aish, nevermind, I’ll introduce you to her tomorrow.” Since when does that girl is in your class? You never see her before. Weird. “Nope, I didn’t know her. Sure, introduce me to her tomorrow.” “Okay. I have to go. Goodnight. See you tomorrow.” Myungsoo hangs up. You didn’t even get the chance to say goodnight back to him.

The day afterwards started like normal. You and Sunggyu walking to school. He didn’t say anything to you though. You don’t want to bother him so you just keep on walking. When you reached the school gate, there’s a girl waving at your direction. You turned back, no one is behind you. Sunggyu went to see his friends already. Is this girl really waving at you? “Hi ~~~~~, how are you today?” that girl asked. “Oh, hi. I’m fine thanks. How do you know my name?” “We are in the same class remember? I introduce myself to you already. How could you forget about me.” This girl introduced herself to you before? Why you didn’t remember any single thing about this girl. “Sorry but I seriously don’t know who you are.” She sighed and taps your shoulder. “My name is Amber. Starting from today, please remember me. My name’s Amber and we are classmates. Okay?” So this is Amber that Myungsoo was talking about yesterday. Why is she so friendly to you. “Hey, that’s Myungsoo! OI, MYUNGSOO. HELLOOO.”

Why does she have to scream so loud just to call Myungsoo. You sighed and turned to the direction he pointed to. You’re so surprised to find out that Myungsoo is walking to school with the girl you met yesterday. You tried not to look jealous as you follow Amber walking to Myungsoo. “Oi, you didn’t tell ~~~~~ about me? I told you to tell her about me. Why didn’t you do so?” She pushed Myungsoo lightly. Myungsoo turned his head to that yesterday girl and say “You can go to your class. No need to worry about me anymore” and then he smiled. OH MY GOD HE SMILED TO THAT GIRL. Why he never smiles like that to you. That girl smiles back and nods. “Take care of yourself, baby.” She walks away. Amber waves in front of him, “Oi, don’t ignore me.” She pouts. “Stop calling me oi, Amber. I have a name.” He walks away from us but after several steps, he turned back and holds out his hand to you, “Aren’t you coming with me? We’re couple now. Come on, don’t hesitate and grab my hand.”