29

Evolution

 

“Do you know where’s ~~~~~?” Myungsoo keep on asking this to all of the people at school. Mostly the answers are, “I don’t know” or “What do I care.” Myungsoo ran into Suzy on the way back from school, “Hi. Why are you so sad?” Suzy asked. “~~~~~, left me. She left me, Suzy. She left me. What did I do wrong?” Myungsoo’s voice cracked. “What? She left you? Where is she now? I’m sure she didn’t leave you. She would never leave you alone.” Suzy said. “I don’t know. I truly don’t know. I was searching for her all day yesterday. I went to her house and the neighbours said she moved out and they don’t know where she is now. I even went to her favourite places. Still no sign of her.” Myungsoo sobbed. “Aww, don’t cry my baby. Don’t cry.” Suzy pulled him into a hug. “Did she leave any notes?” Suzy asked while Myungsoo’s hair. “Yeah she did. She said don’t bother looking for her anymore. She said that I must forget her and just move on with my life. How could I?” Myungsoo broke into tears.

The next morning Myungsoo woke up to see Suzy sleeping on the couch at the living room. He shakes her body lightly and said, “Suzy, wake up.” She opened her eyes and started looking at Myungsoo, half-asleep, “Oh. You’re awake, Myungsoo. I’m just worried you might do anything stupid so I decided to stay at your home. You’re losing your mind yesterday. So I brought you home.” She said. “Did I? What happened? Why I can’t remember anything?” Myungsoo asked, sheepishly. “You’re screaming all over the place. Asking random people whether they saw ‘your girl’. You even asked animals. How crazy is that?” Suzy said. Myungsoo just looked down, embarrassed. “I’m sorry for being such a burden to you, Suzy. I’m sorry.” Suzy smiled and said, “Don’t worry. I’ll help you go through this. I’ll help you anytime and anywhere, Myungsoo.”

You heard a loud knock on your door. You opened up your door to find out Sunggyu’s at the door, holding two mugs. “Can I come in?” You just nodded. “Here, I made some hot chocolate for you.” He hands out the mug. You took the mug gratefully and said, “Thank you, oppa.” He just watched you silently while you’re sipping the hot chocolate. “Do you feel better now?” He asked. “Yeah sure. How do you know I’m not feeling better just now?” You asked. “I’ve known you for years, I literally knows everything about you.” He grinned. “You are the best oppa ever.” You smiled. “Yeah yeah, I know that. I’m not going to ask you why you’re sad because that’ll only make you even sadder.” You just keep quiet. “Hey, do you wanna go somewhere relaxing? It’ll make you forget about those unwanted things. Do you wanna come with me?” Sunggyu asked. “Sure, why not. When?” You asked. He thinks for a long time before deciding, “Tomorrow. We’ll go tomorrow morning.” You just nods and said okay. He smiled at you and said, “Don’t be sad anymore okay? Life is given only once, and you have no time to waste it. Smile, okay?”