If we could only turn back time

Evolution

 

“He’s getting weaker.” The doctor said. “No, that can’t be. You can cure him. You’re the doctor, heal him.” The doctor shakes his head and said, “Sorry, miss. There’s nothing we can do. We tried our best.” You sat on the floor, crying and crying and crying nonstop. Not even Myungsoo can cheer you up. “He’s not dying right? He’s a strong person. He can’t die just yet.” You said to yourself. “Umm, look, ~~~~~. Myungsoo and I will leave you two alone here. We’re going down to the cafeteria to get some coffee. We’ll be back soon.” Hoya said. Myungsoo seemed to not know about this but Hoya just dragged him along. Sunggyu’s eyes are closed. He looks so peaceful right now. You run your fingers through his hair and slowly them. You moved your hands through his face and traced every single thing. His eyes, his nose, his mouth. Then you slowly hold his hands tightly. “Oppa, you can’t leave me yet. Stay with me okay? I love you.” You slowly kissed him on the lips for a long time.

“Did you just kissed me?” He said as soon as his eyes are opened. Your cheeks are starting to burn but you just nodded. “At last, I got a kiss from you. This must be heaven. Am I dead?” He said. You laughed a little and said, “No, you’re not dead yet. You can’t be dead.” Sunggyu laughed a little and said, “I can’t be dead? Am I immortal then? I must be an angel.” You giggled, he’ll never change even for a little bit. “Hey, do you still have those dandelions I gave to you?” Sunggyu asked. You just nod. “Great. I thought you’re going to throw them out.” “Why should I throw them out? You gave it to me.” “Please keep them with you. Bring it wherever you go. I know someday they’re going to wilt and die but please, just keep it with you. Whenever you miss me, look at the dandelions.”

Sunggyu closed his eyes and said, “~~~~~, I love you. Please be well after I’m gone. Please stay on the right track. You have Myungsoo to guide you all the way. I’m sorry for not protecting you until the end. Please don’t be sad.” “Oppa, don’t those things. It’s not your fault okay. Stop blaming yourself.” Sunggyu smiled a little and said, “Remember when we was born? We are the ones that are crying and the others will only smile looking at us. But when we’re dead, the others will be crying and we are the ones that’ll be smiling.” You don’t know what to response to that so you just keep on being quiet. Few minutes after that Sunggyu speaked up, “Sing me a song.” Sunggyu said in a low voice. “You know I can’t sing.” You answered back. “Please? Just for this time?” His voice is getting weaker and weaker. Now it’s not more than just a whisper every time he said something. “Sure.” You take a deep breath and started singing slowly. “If we could only have this life for one more day. If we could only turn back time. You know I'll be your life, your voice, your reason to be my love. My heart is breathing for this moment in time. I'll find the words to say before you leave me today.”

“Oppa, I love you. I love you till infinity and beyond. Even though I never told you this before, but I always love you since the beginning” There’s no answer from Sunggyu. You glanced at him to see he’s not moving. “Oppa.” You shake him. Still no response. You shake him harder. “Oppa, wake up. You can’t leave me yet. Wake up, answer me.” But there’s still no response from Sunggyu. Did he even hear those words you said to him just now? You felt like your world is empty right now. “He’s dead.”