"We will separate, someday."

Evolution

 

You didn’t went to school for the next day because Sunggyu is coughing so badly. He can’t even speak properly because he’s coughing so hard. “Oppa, are you okay? Let’s go to the hospital, NOW!” He’s been coughing for the past several days but today it gets a lot worse. “No. I don’t want to. I’m fine okay, I’m fine.” Sunggyu refused. “Lies. How can you tell me you’re fine when you’re coughing like mad when you’re telling me. Let’s go or else I’ll hate you.” Sunggyu gave up at last because you keep asking him to go to the hospital. When you reached the hospital, there are not a lot of patients yet since it’s still early. “Let’s take our number and wait okay.” Sunggyu name is called out almost instantly because there seem to be no one in line waiting. He sternly asked you to wait for him outside. “Just wait for me outside okay? No need to follow me in. I’ll be okay all by myself. Just don’t worry.”

After several minutes, he’s done. “What did the doctor said?” You asked. “He said it’s just a normal cough. I’ll be okay if I keep on eating the medicines given. Besides, the doctor gave me painkillers already.” You just nods and said, “Oppa, let’s eat at the cafeteria downstairs. You need to fill up your stomach in order for you to be healthy.” You ordered a chicken porridge for you two. “Oppa, eat this while it’s hot. It’ll taste weird if you eat it when it’s cold.” You insisted. “No, I don’t have any appetite to eat. No.” Sunggyu nags like a little child. You scooped some porridge and start saying, “Aahh, open up. I’ll feed you. It’s not that hard to do right? Just open your mouth and I’ll feed you.” Sunggyu slowly opened up his mouth and started eating. “There you go. Not such a hard thing to do right?”

When you two are walking down the road to your apartment, Sunggyu speak up, “Thanks, ~~~~~. For taking good care of me. It should be me taking care of you not the otherwise. Sorry. I’ll do better.” He said in an apologetic tone. “You’re very welcome. It’s okay, really. We’ll help each other out. We’ll stand by each other through thick and thin!” You smiled. “Okay. I still feel bad though. Sorry.” You smacked Sunggyu’s arm and said, “Oppa, stop saying you’re sorry or else I’ll smack you harder.” He laughs and said, “Okay, okay, I’ll stop.” “Did the doctor really say you’ll be fine after a few days? Really?” You asked. That sentence hangs in for a long time before Sunggyu answered, “Yeah.” “Liar”, you said. “Why?” He asked. “You know you can’t lie to me. You’re bad at lying, stop doing that. Tell me the truth.” You insisted. “I am telling the truth. I’ll be fine. I’m a tough person, remember?” You sneered and said, “Really? You’re a tough person? Such a lie. It’s okay. I’ll believe you even though I’m sure you’re lying.” There’s a long silence before Sunggyu said, “We will separate, someday. You’ll go on your own way and I’ll go on my own. But do know that if anything happens, I’ll always love you. Keep that in your heart, forever.” You stopped walking and asked, “Oppa, why did you say that? What does it means?” Sunggyu keep on walking, leaving you behind, “Someday you’ll understand”, he thought.