18

Evolution

 

When you opened your eyes, you’re already at a different place. “Where am I?” You tried to stand up but your head is hurting like crazy so you drop your head back to the pillow. “This is a hospital. Why am I here?” Your head hurts so much until it’s hard to think of anything. You turned to the right and realized that Myungsoo is sleeping. He’s sleeping in such an uncomfortable posture. He’s sitting on the chair but his head is lying on the bed. You smiled and his hair. He must have been sitting there for hours. You closed your eyes and the drowsiness draws you back to sleep again. This time when you woke up, Myungsoo is staring right at you. You’re so surprised to see his face so near with you, “Hey, you’re wake up at last. I’ve been waiting for you since yesterday.” He smiled. He started walking to a table. There’s breakfast provided by the hospital. “You want to eat? There’s chicken porridge and some bread.” “Uhh. I don’t feel like eating. My appetite’s gone already.” He ignored you and starts bringing the porridge to you. “Aaaahh. Open your mouth” He gestured while opening his mouth wide. You laughed and opened your mouth “Aaaaaaaah.” “Zoom zoom one rocket coming iiiin” and he started to feed you. “Why am I here?” You asked. “Don’t you remember? You stupidly tried to protect me when Hoya was throwing a vase at me. The vase hit your head” Then all the memories started to flash back in your mind. “Oh, did anyone come to see me yesterday?” “Sunggyu came. Suzy came. Our homeroom teacher came. Yeah they wanted to stay but I said it’s okay. I can take care of you for the night” After that you two just sit there in silence while Myungsoo keep on feeding you.

You’re allowed to leave in the afternoon already since your condition is getting better. But the doctor advised you not to do things that involved using your head in a long time and heavy things. “Do you want to take a taxi? Or a bus?” Myungsoo asked as soon as you step off the hospital. “Neither. I want to walk home. I want to get some fresh air into my head” You smiled and started walking. “Hey hey, wait up. Get on me” Myungsoo said and started lowering his body. “You can’t walk properly yet. Get on me.” He insisted again. “No. No need to. I can walk.” But before you can walk off, Myungsoo grabbed you and start piggybacking you. “YAH, PUT ME DOWN YOU IDIOT. PUT ME DOWN. THIS IS A PUBLIC AREA. PEOPLE WILL SEE US.” You started smacking his arms. “Stay still. You don’t want to fall off right? Stay still. I don’t care if this is a public area or not. You are all mine now. Not theirs.” You didn’t answer anything after that and just bury your face behind his back.

He put you down when you two are in front of your apartment. “Thank you. Thank you for taking care of me. Thank you for piggybacking me home. Thanks, Myungsoo.” You put on the sweetest smile ever. “It’s okay. That’s what a boy has to do for his girlfriend, right?” He kissed you lightly and starts walking home. “That boy will never change at all.” You think to yourself and start walking to your home. When you opened the door, there’s a screaming voice saying “HOORAY! MY BELOVED DONGSAENG ARE BACK. HOORAY!” Sunggyu throws confetti at you. He smiled widely with those eye smiles. “Ah, oppa. You don’t have to do this.” You laughed while removing the confetti on your hair” and said. He ran to you and hugged you tightly. “I’m so worried about you. Thank god you’re alive now.” You hugged him back tightly too causing Sunggyu’s heart to skip a beat. “I love you.” He whispered. You’re taken aback by that word. But you just decided that he love you as his dongsaeng so you replied back, “I love you too, my one and only oppa.”