32

Evolution

 

“Why did you run away from me at the first place?” Myungsoo asked seriously when you two are underneath the gazebo. “I can’t tell you.” You can’t tell Myungsoo. Whatever happens, you can’t tell him the truth. “Tell me, I demand.” You think for a while and said, “Because I want to. Why?” Myungsoo looked into your eyes and said, “You want to stay away from me? Really?” You tried to avoid his gaze but then he holds both of your hands and said, “Don’t look away from me.” “Why did you search for me anyway? I told you to move on, forget about me. Why didn’t you?” You asked. “Because I can’t. How can I move on and forget about you? Tell me, how can I?” He said. “You have Suzy with you. She can be beside you all the time. She can replace me. She can do better than me. Why picked me instead of Suzy? She’s a lot better than me.” Myungsoo sighed and said, “You ran away from me because of Suzy? You thought there’s something going on between me and she is it?” No, it wasn’t because of that but Myungsoo can’t know the truth so you just nodded. “You don’t get it do you? Suzy is like my older sister. Why can’t you understand?” “But she went to your house almost every day. Remember that time when you ditched me because you have something to do with Suzy? Yeah, what’s that?” You raised your voice. “That was because I want her to teach me some things about what to do on a date. She dated lots of time so I thought why not she teaches me do’s and don’ts. And guess who I’m learning all of that for? YOU.” You did feel bad after hearing that. Who could’ve imagined someone like Myungsoo would want to learn what to do in a date. But you’re still acting like you’re mad so you pointed back, “What about the other day? You know you’re living alone. If Suzy is there with you in your house means that there’s only two people in the house which is YOU AND SUZY.”

There’s a silence for a long time before Myungsoo answered back in a low voice, “I don’t tell this to anyone but both of my parents died. In their will, they stated that the house is mine and they left me a lot of money. I was so unstable until every night I went to the club and party hard. I never wanted to continue studying. I wasted all of my time going to the club. But then one day I bumped into Suzy. I scolded her hard when that happened because I hit her hard and my head hurts. But Suzy answered back to me, “You’re wasted.” I feel like beating her up on the spot but then she said, “Boys don’t hit girls. And you’re not in the right state of mind to beat me up. Instead of doing s why don’t you start studying and be a useful person” Then she walked away. Starting from that day I feel like getting to know her better. She’s the first one to talk to me like that, you know. Usually people will just say sorry and walk away but she didn’t. She preached me. We’re friends since that day because I dropped my ego and asked if I can be her friend. Then I enrolled in our school. I started to study. Suzy gave me a lot of moral support. She tutored me every day after school. I once wondered how on earth I could find someone like Suzy. She’s the one who makes me realized what reality is.”