19

Evolution

 

The next day when you reached school, everyone is staring at you and start whispering at each other. When you meet Myungsoo, you asked him what’s wrong. “I don’t know. Just keep your head held up high and walk with confidence.” He said. When you reached your locker, you start putting in some books into your bag while Myungsoo is leaning beside the locker looking around. Then suddenly your locker is slammed shut by someone. Some of your books fell down. You leaned down to take it back and started shouting “Yah! What was that for?” But when you look up, Hoya is staring right at you. “Are you asking me what was that for?” He said. You gulped. Myungsoo stepped in and start pushing Hoya away from you. “Yo dude, calm down. She just came back from the hospital. What else do you want from her?” Myungsoo said. Hoya smirked and said, “Back off I’ve got a few words to say to this Miss.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I was actually trying to throw that thing to this idiot but suddenly you came and that thing hit you. I’m sorry.” He said in a serious tone. “Ah. It’s okay, it’s okay. I’m fine now. No need to be sorry.” You said quickly. Hoya nods and turned to Myungsoo and said “I only said I’m sorry for that girl. Not for you. Idiots like you don’t deserve any of my apologies.” He pushed Myungsoo hardly and starts walking off. “Ouch. That hurts.” Myungsoo said. Then suddenly Suzy came and asked Myungsoo if he’s okay. She cupped Myungsoo’s face and start looking everywhere to search for any scars. “I’m fine. No need to worry.” Myungsoo said. Suzy let go of Myungsoo and said “Oh really? Take care of yourself well okay, my baby.” You’re just standing there feeling more awkward than ever. “Ah, ~~~~~, you take care of yourself too!” Suzy walked off. “Is she just being nice or what?’ You wondered.

Before school ends, you asked Myungsoo to come at your house. “Sorry but I can’t. There’s something important I have to deal with after school ends.” You pouted and look away. He doesn’t even bother to persuade you. He’s just sitting there with that poker face. When the bell rings, you’re waiting for Myungsoo outside the school door but as he’s out the door, you realized that he’s with Suzy. “Myungsoo.” You called out. “Oh. You’re here. What are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked. “I thought you might want to go home with me today.” You said. “Ah. I would love to but I can’t. I have to do something with Suzy today.” He declined. Then Suzy suddenly clings on his arm and said “Let’s go now, my baby. We’re going to be late.” Myungsoo doesn’t get the chance to say goodbye to you because Suzy is dragging him away. You’re just standing there, speechless.