Feelings

Evolution

 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING!” you yelled at Myungsoo. You snatch your hand off him. “I’m a new kid in this school. Why did you do this to me? My image will probably be ruined by now and this is all because of YOU!” you didn’t care whether he’s hot or handsome or attractive. This is your first day and he ruined your image already. This is a nightmare. The worst nightmare ever. “Calm down will you? Stop saying I ruined your image. I was desperate just now okay? Those girls had been following me since last year. I don’t want to be followed. I don’t want to have so many admirers. I don’t want anyone’s attention. I don’t want this popularity. You think I like all of this things? No and never will. I just want all of this to stop.” He covers his face with his hands and starts to sit down. You start feeling guilty for yelling at him just now.

You come near him and start patting him. “Hey, don’t be so emotional. I’m sorry for yelling at you. I didn’t know those things. I’m sorry. I truly am. Stop being so emotional. It doesn’t suit you well, Myungsoo.” He looks up and stares at you. Your heart starts beating faster. With his sharp gaze, you can’t help it but to start feeling butterflies in your stomach. “Then can you help me? Just for this time. I’ll be good to you. Just please, help me. Starting from today, will you be my fake girlfriend? If they found out that I have a girlfriend, they will stop chasing me. Please. You just need to pretend to be my girlfriend. I’ll protect you. Don’t worry.” He said with a low voice. Without thinking thoroughly, you just nod. “Sure. Yes I will Myungsoo. As long as you stop being so emotional, I will. Promise me you’ll stop being so emotional. You’re going to be my class partner for the whole year and I can’t stand it every time you’re emo. So promise me?” He smiles a little and said, “of course. I promise.”

Then Sunggyu walks out from the exit door. He sees you and said “Hi there kiddo. How’s your first day at school today? Good? Fine? Bad? Mine is fine. I now have some friends too.” He’s smiling brightly right now. “Since when does he knows to smile like that” you said in your heart. You forgot that Myungsoo is still sitting beside you. “Oh oppa, this is Myungsoo. Myungsoo, this is Sunggyu.” “Nice to meet you” Sunggyu said. Myungsoo just smile a little and start getting up to leave. “Remember, don’t be too emotional okay? You promised me already. No breaking it okay?” He just nods and walks away. “Oppa, walk with me. We have to go home together, remember?” “Yeah yeah. I’m coming. Stop reminding me things please. I’m annoyed with you.” He said and starts walking to you. On the way back home, Sunggyu asked “Who’s that boy? Why he didn’t answer back when I said ‘nice to meet you’.” Sunggyu starts complaining. “He’s always like that. He only talks a lot with people he’s comfortable with. Don’t be so sad about that.” Sunggyu gives you a puzzled look. “Why do you know him so well? You only met him today.” “He’s my boyfriend now. Of course I have to know about him.” You said to Sunggyu. “WHAT?! DID YOU JUST SAY THAT HE’S YOUR BOYFRIEND?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?”