Don't go, you shouldn't walk alone

Evolution

 

“Ahjussi, if someone asks you whether I’m still living here, please tell them that I moved out, okay?” You keep on repeating this line to all of your neighbours. They seemed to be okay with it so you’re so relieved. You don’t want to move out because that’ll cost a lot and your parents will start asking you why you moved out so you decided to just stay here and asks the neighbours to tell Myungsoo you’re gone. “Oppa, I won’t be going to school for the whole week.” Sunggyu stared at you and said, “Why? Are you copying me? Yah, I didn’t get to be in school for the whole week because I’m sick. What’s your reason?” Sunggyu said. “I just don’t want to go, okay? Don’t ask anything more than that.” “Eh. No need to be angry with me. Okay okay, fine. Stay home.” You closed all the curtains and all the windows. “Why are you closing the curtains and windows? It’s hot right now. I’m burning” Sunggyu sighed. “I just don’t want any sunlight to enter our apartment. Just stop asking what I’m doing will you?” You throw back. “Geez, no need to yell at me. Girls with their mood swing. I forever don’t get this.”

Myungsoo ran to your house. He ran as soon as the sun starts showing out. BANG BANG BANG. He knocked you door, hardly. “OPEN UP, ~~~~~. OPEN UP BEFORE I BANG THIS DOOR DOWN.” He keeps on banging the door. One of the neighbours went out and said, “She moved out. Don’t bother banging that door. No one’s at the other side.” He said. “What? She moved out? To where? Do you have any idea where she is now?” The man just shook his head and said, “No, sorry boy. I don’t have any idea.”

Myungsoo’s texts just keep on flooding in your inbox. He asked where you are in every single minute. You ignored his calls and texts. Even though you read all of his texts, you just can’t reply to them. You can’t.

“Where are you?” “Please tell me you’re joking around. You can’t be serious.”

“Why is this so suddenly?” “Did I do or say anything wrong?”

“Come back please, come back to me.” “You’re still doing well, right?”

“Do I need to erase all of our memories now?” “Don’t go. You shouldn’t walk alone”

“Watch me, I’ll definitely find you and this time, I won’t let you go ever again.”

 

Tears streaming down your face when you read all his texts. You wanted to tell him so badly about what happened but you can’t. “I can’t tell you where I am. I’m not joking around, I’m serious. No, you didn’t do anything wrong. I can’t come back to you, Myungsoo. I’ll be well on my own. Just keep all of our memories safely in your heart. I should go. I don’t deserve to be the one who’s in your heart.” All those words you wanted to tell Myungsoo but you can’t. The picture of you two is still your phone’s wallpaper. You stared at the picture, “This is for the best, Myungsoo. I’m sorry.” You said while crying.