Hiding

Evolution

 

You stare at the dandelion for a long time. Examining every little structure of that plant. Every time you see / hold that plant, you’ll cry. But now, you’re determined not to cry anymore. You don’t want to cry over things that are already gone. Have to keep this in mind forever. His last words that he said to you are still fresh in your mind even though it was said five years ago. “I want to be remembered even if I’m no longer alive”. These words haunt you since that day. There’s nothing you can do to forget this nightmare. You guess it’s true when people said “memories will haunt you forever even though the person is no longer alive”.

Then the reality flashes back in. Nowadays you keep flashing back to the old times until you hate yourself for doing so. There’s a childish chuckle from the back and you turned around to see your cute little daughter, Eunji laughing happily while flipping the pages in the photo album. In your heart, you wish she will never grow up. Just stay this little. You’re scared of all the things that’ll hurt her when she’s a grown up later. You felt someone hugging you from the back and he whispered in your ear, “She’s so cute right? Our baby is four years old already. How can she grow up that fast?! I still remember that time when she’s just a baby. Crying every single day and now all she does is laughing and smiling. You know what? She’s becoming more like you day by day. I can sense it with my supersonic power!” You smiled a little. Your husband never fails to make you smile even when you’re sad. “Hahaha. Don’t be silly. You don’t have any supersonic power. I told you a million times already. Stop imagining things. How old are you now? You never really change eh? Still the same guy that jokes around on everything”. Then he answers back softly, “Yes. I’m still the same guy that you love. You know nothing’s gonna change that, right?” He kisses you lightly on the cheek and started running towards Eunji, making some loud noises as if a monster is trying to attack her. You sighed and smiled. He’s still the same guy that’s hyper when it comes to playing.

You went to pick up the photo album and a picture drops off. As you’re reaching for that picture, Eunji snatched it first and start staring at that picture. You’re shaking and hoping she’ll never ask who’s in that picture. Luckily she handed back the picture to you and when you safely put away that picture and the photo album, but then she asked you a question you know you can’t hide from it forever.