::Because She Cared::

My Klutzy Angel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7RXqRELOIA

::Because She Cared::

“This is the place where you two first met, I can feel her presence.”

Lu Han put the feather away in his pocket and turned to face the familiar voice. The two exchanged glances, before anyone could speak up his sword appeared and he held it threateningly close to Rouge’s neck. The blade slightly cutting through the skin causing blood to trickle down her neck.

“What the hell are you doing here? You should know that right about now I feel the need to kill you.”

“I know, and I don’t blame you. I wanted to kill myself after what happened.” She said in remorse. “I came because there is something important I need to tell you. It’s about Xue Fang.”

Lu Han paused before letting her go, his sword disappeared and he took a step back. “I’ll give you a few minutes to say what you need to say.”

Rouge nodded as she pushed her hair back. “I went back to hell with my brother after he took Xue Fang’s essence away. I had to know what exactly he was planning on doing. My brother…he took it because he plans on planting it in the body of Ling.”

“Exactly who is Ling?”

She looked down with a sad expression. “Despite what the Angels think not all of us demons are bad. We do what we have to do but that doesn’t make us monsters. My brother used to be so kind and gentle. He used to only make contracts with those who had nothing, they had lived there lives and was ready to die. He never made contracts with those who had things to live for. He didn’t want to ruin someone’s life.

He was still very young when he met Ling. Ling was a Guardian sent to Earth to protect a little girl. She was ill and was fated to die before her ninth birthday, her brother had the same illness she did and was younger. She wished that he would recover and live on so he went to make the deal with her. It was strange though, he went to meet the little girl and that’s when he met her.”

>Dark’s Story<

Dark slowly entered the hospital room after a nurse left, he walked over to the bed where a small, fragile girl sat peacefully. He took a step closer and she looked at him.

“Are you the new doctor?”

“No.” Dark said as he smiled gently at her. “I came because I heard your wish.”

“My brother…”

He nodded as he sat down by her bed. “I came to make your wish a reality.”

“Really?!” She asked as she grabbed his hand, and looked up at him with pleading eyes. “Please do!’

“Of course…but there is one condition. You have to sign a contact with me.” He said as he sighed, he didn’t like making contracts with kids. “In exchange for his health…when you die you have to let the Devil take your soul.”

“My soul.” She said as she looked down at the covers. “So then I won’t be able to see mama in Heaven.” She with a small smile. “I guess that’s okay if that means my brother can live happily with papa. I’ll sign.”

Dark held his hand out as the contract appeared, before she could ask for something to write with he dropped the paper. His sword appearing he turned around fast, his blade pointed at a females throat, her sword at his. For a moment his heart stopped beating. Bright blue eyes starred at him, her long blonde hair blew in the wind from the open window. The small girl held out her hand.

“Stop! Don’t kill each other!”

The girl looked over at her and then at Dark. “What is a demon doing here? She is under my protection so if you even think she is another soul to add to your list you can think again. I’ll kill you before you even get a chance to return to hell with the contract.”

“Please.” The little girl begged before she started coughing violently.

Dark quickly dropped his sword and rushed over to her. Handing her the cup of water on the table he gave her a sympathetic look, the angel let her sword disappear before sitting at the edge of the bed.

“You shouldn’t get so worked up.”

“I couldn’t let you two hurt each other.”

“Mei-Xing he’s a demon.”

“I can tell he’s kind Ling.” She said to her guardian.

Ling looked over at Dark. “Speak your name demon.”

“Dark…and you Guardian?”

“Ling. Now that you know I am here you can leave.”

Dark shook his head. “I don’t think so…this girl…is dying.”

“No.” Ling said sternly. “I won’t let it happen.”

“We can’t bend the strings of fate no matter what level our power is on. I don’t want to leave her.” He said as he sat down in the chair by the bed. “For some odd reason I feel the need to watch over her until her time comes.”

“But my brother!” Mei-Xing shouted as she looked at him. “We have to---“

“Forget the contract, it would eat my conscious alive.” He said calmly. “I can make it happen still, as a dying wish to such a lovely girl.”

Ling looked at him confused.

“They spent a lot of time together. Up until Mei-Xing’s death the two were secret lovers. If either of them where found out they would be killed for treachery. Besides Ling was to be married as soon as Mei-Xing died. She planned on giving up her life in Heaven for him…but the strings of fate have a cruel way of changing.” Rouge said as she closed her eyes.

“Dark I don’t think you should leave.” Rouge said in a panic as she grabbed her brother’s arm. The two were in the human world. “She is still an angel!”

“I know that, but she won’t be for long. Soon she’ll be a human.” He said as he picked his sister up and spun her around in joy. “She’ll be your new sister, we’ll live here happily. You won’t have to worry about trying to become a warrior and making contract with the humans. We’ll be free! I can forget all the wrongs I’ve done…all the souls I took.” He said as he put her down.

“I have to get her some flowers, Mei-Xing always told me she loved flowers!” He said.

“Dark.” Rouge said seriously. “I have a feeling that things won’t turn out to well. I love you and don’t want to lose you! We’re always together so let’s forget about her.”

“No way!” He said. “I love her.”

“Dark!”

“I’ll be back meimei!” He shouted as he walked away from her. “Just wait patiently for me.”

Dark smiled as he walked through the park, the stars shining brightly on him. He looked at the bouquet of flowers he held and stopped by the bridge.

“Any moment now she’ll be here and we can leave together.” He said as he looked into the water.

“Dark.”

“Ling!” He said as he turned around, the flowers in his hand dropped. Ling was behind four angels. “Ling…what’s going on?”

Tears in her eyes she looked away. “I’m so sorry.”

“So this is the guy that my wife has been spending time with.”

The biggest one said as he grabbed Dark up by the shirt. He punched Dark hard in the face and tossed him to the ground. The angels chuckled as Dark coughed. Ling’s eyes widened at the sight. Dark looked at her with sad eyes.

“I’ll kill you.” He shouted as the four of them surrounded Dark and began to beat him up.

Dark stood no chance against the Angel’s. He was outnumbered but he tried to fight back as much as he could. His eyes kept wandering to Ling who watched from a distance. Finally the four backed off of Dark. He whipped the blood off of his face and tried to sit up.

“Pathetic.”

“How the hell is he a warrior.” He said as he looked at his friends. “I’ll finish him off.”

“Dark!”

He looked up shocked as Rouge stood under the bridge, tears streaming down her eyes. “Run!” He shouted to her.

“Don’t let her go. Kill her!”

As two of the angels went for Rouge Ling fell to her knees and covered her ears. Dark’s eyes glowed as his sword appeared. He threw a dark blast at them causing the two to fall. With great speed he took out the two in front of him and then walked over to Ling. She looked up at him, he was covered in blood.

“Dark…” She said truly scared.

Before she could beg for her life Dark swung his blade. Turning away her body fell to the ground in her pool of blood. He walked over to Rouge who was on the ground crying.

“I thought…I thought they were going to kill us.” She said as she smiled at him. “I’m so glad your okay.”

Dark looked down at her with dark eyes. “You’re weak.” He said simply before walking away.

“I’ll never forget the look in his eyes.” Rouge said as she looked up at Lu Han. “She had betrayed him and the cost of it was his heart.” Rouge said as she held her hand to her chest. “I thought that the only way to get him back was to become stronger for the both of us but…I don’t want to lose my heart too.” She confessed.

“What are you saying?”

“I’m saying I can help you get it back. If you kill my brother then it’s yours. You have to bring Xue Fang to hell, her time is running out. Once down there I can take you to him, and I can make sure you guys are alone for the battle.”

Lu Han was surprised. “Why would you help us? I mean he’s your brother…and I will have to kill him.”

“Because she cared.” Rouge confessed. “I lost the only one who cared for me when Ling died and I’ve been so alone. Xue Fang was the only one who was kind to me…I owe her.”

“Then I’ll trust you.” Lu Han said as he walked past her. “She’ll be happy to hear your voice and know you’re alive.” He said as he left.

Rouge frowned as she looked up at the sky. “Looks like it’s the end.” She said as she sighed. “If Dark dies I’ll die too. He’s all I have left.” She stated as she sat down on the ground to think.