::Operation Exo & A Confrontation::

My Klutzy Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1qojTOpz8M

::Operation Exo & A Confrontation::

Kris tapped his finger on the table as he read the paper. Suho looked at him and then at the group sitting around doing nothing. Kai noticed his gaze and looked at him with a “What?” expression. Suho suddenly broke the silence with his laughter. Everyone’s eyes landed on him, each pair confused.

“What are you laughing for?” Sehun asked as he put his spoon down. “Did I miss something again?”

“Not at all.” Suho said as he looked at his friends. “I was thinking about some things and came up with the perfect activity for the day.”

“What might that be?” Kai asked.

“Operation Exo.”

“Operation Exo?” Tao repeated more confused than before. “What’s that?”

“Allow me to explain to you guys.” He said as he stood up, peeking around the kitchens corner at the staircase he smiled once more turning around. “We’re going to help Lu Han out with Xue Fang.” He clarified. “We can keep Li out of the way and give those two some alone time, we’ll be watching from the shadows to intervene in case he does something stupid.”

“Why would we do that?” Kai said as he rolled his eyes. “It’s not my job to help him get a girlfriend.” He said in a bored tone. “Count me out.”

“I like the idea!” Xiumin said as he looked over at Kai. “As his friends it’s our duty to help him in his time of need. Since Li came he hasn’t been spending the same amount of time with her and I feel bad for him. He really does like her.”

Kris stood up and nodded. “We’ll ALL help out.” He said eyeing Kai. “I’m sure she would enjoy time with him alone.”

“Then it’s settled. We’ll all go out and then ditch them.” Suho walked away with a nod. “Perfect plan, I’m really the best!”

D.O rolled his eyes. “Who knew he would become the best for one little plan. Guess that means we all better get dressed and what not. I felt like being a bit lazy today too.” He complained as he headed for the staircase.

“Wait for me!” Lay called as he chased after him. “We can get dressed together!”

“No way!” He yelled.

“If I had any super power it would be teleportation.” Kai mumbled. “That way I can teleport someplace far away from you all.” He semi joked and headed for the steps as well.

Chen laughed following him. “Then I would have lighting. “

“Why?”

“Because it’s cool!”  He said with a chuckle.

“Wind is better.” Sehun said getting in their conversation. “Then you could use it to carry you away.”

“Time control beats all! I would be able to stop time so that Xue Fang will never have to spend time with Lu Han. She’ll be ours!” He said as he wrapped his arm around Sehun.

“Good idea! Team Setao for the win!” He cheered.

“Kids.” Baekhyun said as he shook his head. “I’ll be outside in the garden waiting.”

“I’ll come with.” Chanyeol said as he followed. “Kris you should tell Li, Lu Han, and Xue Fang to hurry and get dressed. We don’t want to be left waiting all day.”

Xiumin followed them but stopped when he looked at Kris’s face. “You okay? You seem a bit hurt.”

Kris looked at him with a sad smile. “Do you really think Xue Fang and Lu Han belong together?” He asked. “You can’t see her with anyone else?”

Xiumin shrugged. “I don’t know really, but I do know they both like each other a lot so they should have a chance and see if they are meant to be. Aren’t you the one who wanted to get them together in the first place?”

“Yeah.” He said, Xiumin nodded and left the room. Kris sat back down and sighed. “I did want them together at first…now I don’t know what I really want. I can’t seem to shake the feeling…” He said as his hands balled into fist, in a flash the cup by him was thrown into a wall shattering.

A maid rushed in an looked at the mess. “I’ll clean that up.”

“Thank you.” Kris said with a smile before walking away.

She looked back at him a bit frightened, she could tell the cup was thrown. He seemed a bit annoyed and even though he smiled he looked angry. Kris was intimidating.

************************************************

Xue Fang stretched as her and the guys walked down the fairly crowded streets of Seoul. It seemed like it was a real busy day for walkers. Li grabbed her hand, she looked up at him.

“It’s so we don’t get separated.”

“Oh, that makes sense.” She said as she shrugged it off.

Li glanced back at Lu Han and smirked. Lu Han rolled his eyes and followed behind them. Suho chuckled at the sight of the two. He looked over to Baekhyun and Xiumin, after giving them the okay nod the two boys rushed over to Li and Xue Fang.

“Hey Li!” Baekhyun called out as he wrapped his arm around Xue Fang. “How about you let me take over here.” He said as he gave Xue Fang a peck on the cheek. “What do you say we ditch these guys yeobo?”

Xue Fang blushed as she put her hand to her cheek, before she could speak up Li had pulled her behind him and starred at Baekhyun. Both boys had challenging eyes. Lu Han snickered.

“You can’t just kiss her like that!” Li shouted.

“Why not? She’s a beautiful girl…I’m an amazing guy. I can kiss her if I want.”

“Why you little punk.” Li said as he pulled his sleeves up. “I should destroy you here and now.”

“Li.” Xue Fang said as she shook her head. “It wasn’t serious, I think he was just trying to get to you.” She said.

“Yeah, Baekhyun will kiss anything that can move and is pretty.” Lu Han said as he stood by her. “Ignore him and he’ll go away.”

“I’m hurt.” Baekyun said as he grabbed at his heart. “Lu Lu…how can you be so heartless?”

Xiumin laughed as he stood between the two. “I know the perfect way you guys can battle it out and see who deserves to walk beside Xue Fang.” He said as he pointed to the arcade. “There is a boxing ring in the alley behind the arcade, you two can go through, have a quick match and then it will be settled. What do you say Li?”

“You’re on!” Li shouted, walking ahead of them he looked back at Xue Fang. “You wait here, I’ll be back before you know it.” He said.

Xue Fang put her hand to her face embarrassed. “If Lady Aphrodite finds out about this Li is going to get a scolding. Guardians aren’t supposed to act like this…”

“We’ll go watch and make sure nothing bad happens.” Suho said as he gave her head a pat. “Don’t worry about a think Xue Fang. Suho oppa will handle everything!” He assured her before walking off with the others.

Kris slowly followed behind with his hands in his pockets. He froze and looked back at Xue Fang and Lu Han. “Keep an eye on her until we get back Lu Han.” He said with a smile. “If you two get separated I won’t forgive you.”

Lu Han looked up at the sky and ran his hand through his hair. “Why did they just leave us here like that? I didn’t even know about a boxing place around here.”

Xue Fang tugged on his shirt, he looked down at her. “Huh?”

“Master Lu Han…I have to go to the bathroom.” She said as she looked around. “How long do you think they will take?”

“Shouldn’t be long. We’ll give them a few minutes, if they don’t come out then we’ll go in. You can probably find a bathroom in there as well.” He said with a smile. “Don’t worry.”

**************************************************

Li looked around the alley and sighed. “I think you were mistaken Xiumin, I don’t see any----“

“Wow, you really fell for it.” D.O said as him and the guys stood before Li. “I thought you would be smarter than that.”

Li laughed. “Very funny, let’s hurry back to Xue Fang.” He said as he went to walk past the guys.

Tao grabbed his hand and flipped him over onto his back. Li let out a small noise before looked up at Tao. He didn’t expect him to be so strong.

“What was that for?”

“We need you to sit back and be a good boy for a bit.” Lay said as he began tying his hands behind his back.

“What are you guys doing?!” Li shouted as he struggled to get loose. “This isn’t funny! Isn’t this against some type of law or something here?!”

“No way.” Chanyeol said as he put tape over his mouth. “We’re just playing a little game. No worries, Xue Fang is safe. We’re going to let her and Lu Han play for a bit.”

Sehun nodded with an innocent smile. “Yeah, so how about you tag along with us and watch the show unfold?”

Li closed his eyes and let out an aggravated noise. *These guys are a bunch of criminals or something! How did I let this happen? Dammit LI.*

Kai laughed. “Looks like he gave up, let’s get going before Lu Han and Xue Fang decide to check on us.”

“He’s right.” Suho said as he helped Li up. “Come on.”

Lay and Chen snickered. “Li looks so helpless right now…it’s funny really.”

Chen nodded. “Yeah, it’s revenge for him coming with us. He wasn’t even invited.”

“Come on guys, were all friends.” Kris said as he wrapped his arms around them. “We have a unique friendship going on here. I’m sure he’ll forgive and forget.”

Li glared at him.

“Or not.”

***********************************************************

Xue Fang sighed, she looked at Lu Han once more. “Can we go now?”

Lu Han nodded, he took her hand and led the way. “Those jerks, don’t they know it’s wrong to keep a girl waiting for so long?” He said as he led her to the alle Xiumin pointed to, looking around he side. “It would seem as though we were fooled.”

Xue Fang looked around and pouted. “They ditched us! Even Li left, he never leaves me alone!” She whined. “What do we do now Master Lu Han?” She asked.

“First we need to get you to a bathroom.” Lu Han said as he pointed to her leg. “You can’t stand still so I’m assuming you have to go really bad. Come on.” He said as he grabbed her hand once more and led her to the nearest café.

After using the bathroom the two ordered some tea to go and looked around the streets. Xue Fang sipped her tea and then grinned as she ran off. Lu Han blinked a few times before running after her.

“Xue Fang what are you doing?!” He shouted out to her.

“Come on Master Lu Han!” She shouted back.

“You can’t just run off, you don’t know your way around Korea!” He scolded as he chased her to a cute little shop. She finally stopped running and he grabbed her hand once again. “Xue Fang! You can’t just run off alone in an unknown environment! What if I lost you or something? Bad things happen to foreign girls in new places you know?”

Xue Fang waved her hand in the air. “I’m fine, besides if I get lost Li can easily find me. Since were both angels it’s easier for us to spot each other because of our high Spirit Energy. I want to go in there!” She said as she pointed to the shop. “Can we?”

Lu Han looked at the girly shop, a few couples walking by laughed at the two. The guys gave him strange looks. Pulling her close he nodded.

“Sure thing Xue Fang.” He said.

The girls stopped laughing when he actually went in, now they stared at him in awe. The guys looked at him shocked before trying to walk off, they didn’t want to have any part of the girl store. Satisfied over the small win Lu Han looked around at all the girls in the store. Xue Fang had snuck away so now he was standing there alone. A female worker walked over.

“Are you lost?”

“No, I’m looking for my friend.” He said as he looked around her.

She laughed. “Well it might be hard to find her in today’s crowed. How about you tell me what she looks like and I can help.”

Lu Han nodded, taking out his wallet he pointed to the picture of Xue Fang and him. “That’s her.” He said with a smile.

The worker looked at the picture then back at Lu Han, with a soft giggle she pointed to the back. “I saw her run to the back, but if she’s a friend why is her picture in your wallet?” She asked curiously.

“What do you mean?”

“Isn’t that usually what a boyfriend does with his girlfriend’s picture?”

Lu Han blushed at the comment. “We’re really close friends.” He said as he cleared his throat. “I should go find her now.”

“Wait.” She said as she grabbed his arm. “You know, we have some really nice friendship merchandise. I’m sure if you get her one she’ll love it.”

Lu Han put his hand to the ring he wore on a chain around his neck. *I already gave her a ring, if I give her something else she might think I’m a bit creepy.* The girl pulled him over to the items and he looked around, finding a nice one he sighed. *I hope I don’t regret this.* “I’ll get this one.” He said as he handed it to her.

“What a cute choice.” She said as she nodded. “I’ll ring you up real quick and wrapped one.” She said as she opened the box and gave him one side. “You hold onto that one while I handle this. I’ll bring it over to you two.” She said as she walked off.

Lu Han attached the charm to his key chain and made his way to the back. Xue Fang had a few clothes in her arms, after paying for them and getting his gift back from the worker the two left the store. Deciding best not to go home Lu Han took Xue Fang out to try a bunch of different Korean food. The two played at an arcade which was much more fun than working there.

Finally night hit and they took a cab home. Outside Suho’s house Lu Han handed Xue Fang the gift.

“I bought a friendship charm for you.” He said as he took out his keys and showed her his half. “You can wear it if you want to.”

Xue Fang smiled as she opened it, taking the necklace out she put it on. “Of course I’ll wear it Master Lu Han.” She said as she held up her finger with the ring. “Just like I wear the ring all the time. It means a lot to me.”

Lu Han smiled as he  gave her forehead a kiss. “Let’s head inside before the guys start to worry.” He said as he opened the door.

Xue Fang nodded and headed inside. “Were back!”

“XUE FANG!” Li shouted as he ran over to the two and hugged her. “I thought he kidnapped you or something.”

“Me? What happened to you all?” She asked as she pointed a accusing finger at the group. “You all ditched us!”

“They tied me up and tapped my mouth shut!” Li whined as he pointed to his red skin around his lips. “I was outnumbered and lied to, it was horrible! Back at home my friends never treated me like this!” Li said as he hugged her. “I don’t like this place anymore.”

Xiumin laughed. “Weird friendship indeed.” He said as he shook his head.

“So did you two kiss?!” Baekhyun and Chanyeol asked.

“No.” Lu Han said as he shoved the two out the way. “I don’t know what you guys had in mind but we didn’t do anything you all were thinking.” He said as he walked away. “I’m going to go shower.”

“Did nothing really happen?” Li asked Lu Han and followed him.

“Of course nothing did.” Lu Han said with a small chuckle. “Li even you know me better than that.”

“But you are still a boy, and I know the things I think about Xue Fang so you must be thinking the same thing.”

“What do you think about her?!” Lu Han asked shocked by his words. The two disappeared up the stairs.

“That’s horrible!” Lu Han’s loud shout could be heard.

“All of that and nothing happened?” Baekhyun said shocked. “Man, I haven’t taught him anything yet have I?”

Suho laughed as he clapped his hands. “Alright, settle down now.” He said as he handed Kris a piece of paper. “I need you to go pick these things up for dinner.” He said as he smiled.

Kris nodded as he looked at Xue Fang. “Want to tag along?”

“Sure.” She nodded and followed him out the house.

Kris and Xue Fang were able to find all of the items with ease. Walking back to the house things was quiet. Kris looked over at Xue Fang, spotting the new necklace around her neck he laughed.

“Lu Han sure is easy to predict.”

“What?” She asked as she looked at him.

“I didn’t really want to leave you two alone today.” Kris said as he looked at her. “I kind of wanted to steal you away myself for the day and take you around Seoul. Just the two of us.”

Xue Fang smiled at him. “We can hang out tomorrow then gege.” She said as she scratched her head. “I mean I can always tell the guys I want to just be with you for a bit.”

Kris looked at her with a soft smile, he stopped walking. She stopped and turned to face him.

“You are so clueless sometimes Xue Fang.” He said as he dropped the bags.

Before Xue Fang could say anything, everything seemed to slow down. Kris pulled her into a kiss, her eyes widened as a flash of her and a boy kissing when she was younger. Xue Fang pushed Kris back, she fell backwards and starred at the ground confused. Kris sighed as he knelt down before her and held a hand out.

“Maybe I shouldn’t have.” He said. “Forgive me.”

Xue Fang reached out but instead of taking his hand she smacked him across the face. Kris’s head went to the side from the force, he starred at the tree, his cheek turning red. Xue Fang stood up and put her hand to her face.

*What’s going on…that image…* She looked at Kris one time before running off.

Kris sighed once more as he watched her leave, putting his hand to his stinging cheek he picked up the bags. “Guess I should have known better….selfish people always get hurt in the end.” He said as he looked down on the ground.

“It’s the necklace I bought her…I didn’t know she had it on.” Kris said as he picked it up, the chain broken.

*****************************************************************

Xue Fang ran into Suho’s house, she looked around.

“Xue Fang you’re back!” Suho said as he walked over with a smile. “Where is Kris?” He looked at her face and his smile fell. “Did something happen?”

Xue Fang looked at Suho, his eyes showed concern. “I…He ki….” She stopped talking when she spotted Lu Han.

“Hey Xue Fang.” He said as he smiled at her. “Welcome back.”

Kris finally walked into the door, he smiled at the guys. “I bought everything back.”

“Thank goodness.” Suho said as he took the bags. “I thought something bad happened.” He said as he laughed it off. “Dinner will be ready shortly.”

Kris looked at Xue Fang, she looked back at him. “Xue Fang, I really didn’t mean to----“

“I think I’ll head to bed now.” She said as she bowed to Lu Han. “Good night Master Lu Han!” She said before running off up the stairs.

Lu Han looked at her confused. “Did something happen with you two?” He asked Kris finally.”

“No.” Kris lied as he walked away. “She must be really tired.”

Lu Han shrugged. “Guess I’ll let her sleep then.” He said as he followed him. “Hey Suho! What are we having?”

**************************************************************

Li stood in an open area, his white wings were tucked in. He heard footsteps stop behind him, turning he faced the one with black wings.

The two starred at each other as the wind blew by.

“I didn’t think I would be seeing you again.” He said calmly. “What is a fallen doing following us around?”

“I’m looking after Xue Fang like always. What are you and Aphrodite doing?” He asked as he put his hands in his pockets. “I thought the order was that she never steps foot on Earth again and now she’s allowed to live here.”

“She is supposed to be living normally after all that’s happened. She was supposed to be dead all those years ago…because she’s living she should be allowed to live how she wants.”

The fallen angel shook his head. “It’s fine it she was someone else but she’s not just anyone.” He said as he held out the hour glass. “Her time is running short…”

Li nodded. “I know that…which is why I am by her side no matter what.”

“You’re all acting out of sympathy, such a situation can’t be taken lightly.”

“If you cared so much you wouldn’t be lurking in the shadows now would you Deshi?”

Deshi laughed. “I haven’t heard that name in such a long time.” He said as he pushed his hair back. “The prophecy is about to begin…there is no time for such silly thoughts of her living a normal life when she will never be normal. I must request that you bring her back to Heaven Li.”

“Is that a request from a Fallen Angel?”

“No.” Deshi said sincerely. “It’s a request from a brother. Li it’s been so long since me and you have had the chance to sit down and talk.”

“The last time we did I do believe it ended in an argument. Actually it ended in a fight, Xue Fang had to have her memories erased and replaced.” He said as he sighed. “I don’t want to keep doing this to her. You understand don’t you brother?”

Deshi sighed. “We’re playing a game right now and she’s the main piece. In the end when she is revealed to be the bad guy of this story how do you think she will feel. Her, her friends, even the one she loves. Everyone will be affected negatively.”

“It’s a chance I’m willing to take for her happiness.” Li replied. “When it’s time for the prophecy I won’t be around.” He said as he looked up at the sky. “I’ve seen my fate in my dreams…I’ll die long before that happens. I feel Xue Fang can change the world. The war that we’ve been at for century’s, us Angels and the Demons will come to an end with Xue Fang. She carries so much on her shoulders…but she can handle it all better than anyone can.”

“If you really believed that then wouldn’t you return all of her real memories to her?” Deshi asked, Li couldn’t answer. “I thought so. I’ve seen the future…the world consumed by fire, all the humans no longer existing free but as slaves to the Underworld. Demons roaming around making Earth their new home. Hade’s destroying Heaven…”

“We’ve all seen it.” Li admitted. “That’s why Lady Aphrodite took this approach to everything. Xue Fang is becoming stronger with each passing day…and her source of strength is from the friends she has made here. Brother…remain in the shadows for just a bit longer. I would be devastated if I had to kill you.”

Deshi laughed once more. “We Angels like to think of ourselves as different from the humans…stronger in a sense. Take away our powers and we are nothing more than humans with wings. Selfish, traitors, liars, thieves and cheats. Xue Fang is the purest of us…even Aphrodite and God himself are showing that to be the truth. I’ll remain in the shadows for just a bit longer. After all it is my job to protect her is it not? That is why I was cast out of Heaven along with my father.”

Li nodded. “Then I’ll see you around, hopefully on much friendly terms brother.”

Deshi’s fings spread out. “I highly doubt such a moment would come for us Li, after all you and I are both trying to protect the same thing. Only one of us can truly take the position.”

Li laughed. “I would think that to be correct. Goodbye then brother.”

Deshi nodded, he turned to go but froze.  “Xue Fang’s past…all of it is gone correct?” He asked out of the corner of his eyes.

“You can’t contact Heaven so it’s no surprise you don’t know.” Li said. “Yes, she had an incident where she lost it…it was when she found a picture of you. We had to prevent such things from happening so we erased it all and added in people to replace all thoughts of you.” Li said honestly.

Deshi nodded. “I figured as much…life sure can be cruel.” He said with a chuckle, Li could see the tears that escaped his eyes though. “I’ll disappear for a little while longer.” He said as he flew off.

Li sighed. “I won’t be around to see the reunion. I fear my time is almost up…so you can have the number one spot and protect Xue Fang since I can’t. One day it’ll all come back to her, no matter how much the memories hurt she’ll be complete.” He said as his wings slowly disappeared. “It must be terrible for you to be asked to remain in the shadows all the time brother…” He said before walking off sullenly.

 

*************************************************************************************************

Author's Note: Zeana17, I just saw your comment asking what Li looked like. Sorry I didn't get a chance to see it before it got deleted. Anyways I found a picture of how Li looks like for you.

The guy below is Deshi or The Fallen since I haven't given him a name until this chapter.

I only have 12 more chapters to go before this story is complete. ^^