::The Forgotten Daughter::

My Klutzy Angel

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE BLOG I POSTED UP CHAPTERS 17-19 IN (WHEN THINGS GOT DELETED I KEPT POSTING SO I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASIER TO POST THEM IN A BLOG POST THEN DELETE THE NEW CHAPTERS AND START OVER). PLEASE READ BEFORE READING THIS CHAPTER IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY.

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxBoZbX155A

&

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pSyYhRYeIM

DBSK + The Rain helps get a feeling for the chapter. If you want you can listen to them together.

::The Forgotten Daughter::

“I think you should go home and rest Xue Fang. Your face looks a bit pale, maybe you’re catching something.” Lu Han said as he grabbed her hand. “I’ll take you home.”

“Master Lu Han! I’m not sick! I can tell my mother from any other woman in the either world. Her beautiful face, her kind eyes, and her sweet smile. Th…that human that I bumped into just now, that was her!” Xue Fang shouted, a few people looked their way.

“Xue Fang, I’ll tell Kris to look for Li. He’ll keep you company while you rest up.” Lu Han said concerned.

“Don’t look at me like that.” She said as she looked down. “I’m not some kid longing to see her dead mother, I came to terms with the fact that I would never see her again when I was still young. Something is wrong here, I’m missing something.” She said as she looked up at him, pain in her eyes. “She’s still alive and I don’t know what’s going on, don’t treat me like a child who needs to be protected!”

Lu Han sighed as he pulled her in for a hug. “Xue Fang…some secrets are better left unknown.” He said quietly in her ear. “Because once the secret is revealed someone always ends up hurt. I…don’t want you to be the one hurt.”

“Master Lu Han…” She said as she wrapped her arms around him as well. “I know you’re mad at me for not telling you about Li. I can feel you’re anger towards me…so you don’t have to do this.” She said as she pulled away. “You don’t need to force yourself to care at the moment, I’ll always be your Guardian so don’t speak to me if you don’t want to. I promise I won’t follow you around, I won’t get in your way of being happy.”

Xue Fang played with the ring on her finger. “I’m leaving, I need to go to heaven and figure out what’s going on. Please be safe while I’m gone.” She said as she bowed.

“Xue Fang you can’t just go!” Lu Han shouted out as he reached out for her, she ran away before his hand could touch her. “XUE FANG!!” He shouted once more chasing her, the ring she wore to hide her wings was tossed to the ground and she took to the sky. Picking up the ring he looked up at her as she disappeared in the clouds. “Xue Fang…” Rain slowly began to fall.

“What does it mean?” Lu Han said to himself as he starred out the window at the rain. “She left it behind.” In his hand was the ring. “Xue Fang, are you not planning on coming back to me?”

A soft knock came on his door before Kris popped his head in. “Oh Lu Han! Dinner is ready!”

“I’m not hungry tonight.”

“You have to eat something.” He said in a soft tone. “Please?”

“No thanks.”

Kris sighed as he nodded. “Whatever you say, you have a guest as well.”

Lu Han glanced back at him, the door opened all the way and Li walked inside. Lu Han was shocked at first before he nodded, Kris looked between the two before closing the door to give them privacy. Li scratched his head as he leaned against the wall.

“What do you want?”

“I haven’t heard from Xue Fang yet, she’s been MIA all day from what your friends tell me.” He said as he noticed the ring in Lu Han’s hand. “Did she…runaway again?”

“Again?” Lu Han asked as he sat up in his chair. “What do you mean runaway again?” He asked curiously.

Li sighed as he walked over to his bed and sat down. “You know, our Xue Fang isn’t as happy as she lets us onto.”

“Our?”

“No sense in saying mines. We both feel the same way for her and we both have a place high in her heart.”

“Fine then…but what do you mean she isn’t always happy?”

Li closed his eyes as he thought about things. “It was back when we were kids…” He started.

“Xue Fang! Xue Fang!” Li called as he ran around the Garden. “Xue Fang!” It was raining hard, Aphrodite had sent him out to bring her in. She was sick and wasn’t supposed to be out of bed. “Xue Fang please answers me!” He froze when he spotted her in the stables, slowly walking over he heard her crys. “Xue Fang, what’s wrong?”

She looked back at him, lying in the small stall was a lifeless winged horse. Pegasus. Xue Fang gently pet his fur, he put his hand on her shoulder. Looking back she cried more.

“Li…Lady Aphrodite promised he would be okay! She said he wasn’t sick too bad!” She said as she whipped her eyes. “I came out to check on him before it started raining and found him like this! He was all alone!” She shouted out. “He got sick because I took him out to play, he was my responsibility and I couldn’t take care of him! It’s not fair!” She shouted once more.

“Xue Fang, it couldn’t have been avoided. It’ll be okay, just come inside before your cold gets worse.” He said as he tried to pick her up.

She pushed him away. “It’s not going to be okay! Everyone I love dies!” She shouted out. “Mama, Pegasus, and even papa!” She said as she squeezed the fabric of her shirt around her heart. “It hurts every day. Each day I wake up and I want to die as well! I’m nothing but a mistake, I can’t do anything right and I feel so alone!” She said as she looked up at him, grabbing his shirt she gave him the saddest look. “Pegasus was like me! He was small and he couldn’t fly right. Out of all the other Horses here he was the one who couldn’t do things right.”

“What are you saying? You can do plenty of things right.”

“Name one!”

Li thought for a moment and then smiled. “You can always make me and the others smile.”

“That doesn’t count.” She said as she wrapped her arms around him tightly. “Why did he have to send my mother out Li! Why did Pegasus have to die while I’m still living. I know Lady Aphrodite expects me to be alright, and to be strong but I don’t want to! I want to cry and have my mother rub my head and tell me it’s okay to cry. Being happy only makes the pain that much worse. I can’t be what everyone expects me to be…I’m nothing but a failure and I hate myself!”

She buried her face in Li’s shirt and cried louder. Li looked down at her with a hurt smile. He didn’t know what to say really, he was used to seeing her smiling all the time and now she was breaking down. Finally she pushed him away and ran off.

“Xue Fang!” He called after her.

She flew off and he followed suite but she was too far gone.

“Going by human years we were ten back then.” Li said as he looked at Lu Han. “You see too make up for her mistakes, and to keep everyone happy Xue Fang is always happy. But even when she is she isn’t happy because she holds inside her heart the pain of a child who lost her mother and wasn’t allowed to shed a tear over it. A child who had been kicked down so many times and wasn’t given a hand to grab and be lifted up.”

He sighed. “Sure Lady Aphrodite was always there but it wasn’t the same as her mother.”

“I never thought she was holding such emotions in her heart.”

“Yeah, me neither. We found her a month later on Earth,  she had injured herself when landing. Her fever hadn’t gone down either. If it wasn’t for some human kid she would have died. She was lucky he was able to tend to her wound properly and provide a safe place for her to stay at. He sure did put up a fight when they erased his memories of her. It seemed like he really only wanted to protect her.”

“This is different though, I doubt she ran away.” Lu Han said as he looked at Li, the two met eyes. “She bumped into a lady and claimed she was her mother. I told her she must have been imaging things but she refused to think that and went to Heaven to find out about it.”

“So she finally saw her?”

“What?” Lu Han asked shocked by his response. “What do you mean? I thought her mother was dead.”

“It was all a lie. Lady Aphrodite told her that to avoid any further stress on her. The truth is Xue Fang isn’t a full Angel. She’s only half, her father was a human.”

“How is that even possible? She said that if an angel falls in love with a human they give up their powers and their position as an angel. They become human and are forced to live on Earth.”

“That’s true.” Li said as he looked at him. “He mother was close friends with mines you know. My mother told me that when we were both born it shocked her that Xue Fang had such low angelic energy. Everyone almost thought she was human because of it. No one knew who her father was, her mother told them he was a angel who died. She never gave a name though. Every now and then she would leave Heaven with Xue Fang and go to Earth with her when she was a baby.

The others didn’t understand why she would do such a thing. One day a Guardian was sent to follow her, it was believed she had committed a crime. When they saw her with the human male holding Xue Fang he knew she indeed had done something wrong, both her mother and father were brought to heaven to receive judgment. Xue Fang was taken away from them. She revealed that she had indeed had a human’s child. They decided she would be banished from Heaven her kid would remain since she was part angel. Her mother was given a choice to forget the man and stay, she would be forgiven if she gave up her Guardian’s badge.”

Li closed his eyes. “She turned her back on Xue Fang when she became old enough to speak, she said she wanted to stay on Earth with the man she loved. She wanted to forget it all and live happily with him, he too wanted to forget it all. They took away both of their ability to see anything normal humans couldn’t see and the rest is history. Lady Aphrodite knew she would one day see her mother whether it was during her training or as a Guardian.”

“Why does she have to go through all of this.” Lu Han said, Li looked over at him. “Xue Fang…a girl who wants nothing more but to help people. Why does she had to endure such things on her own! Why does she hide her feelings form the ones who worry about her so much? It’s not right…”

Li nodded in agreement. “She was dealt a crappy hand since she was born. Her mother’s choice had permanently scarred Xue Fang’s fate. I knew it all since I was old enough to speak, I was to marry her so I had to know the truth. My mother tried so hard to be there for her, Xue Fang was just so distant from everyone. All we knew was her happiness.”

“If this is true then Lady Aphrodite would tell her everything, there would be no point in hiding it!” He shouted as he stood up. “She must be in so much pain!” He said as he ran out the door in a rush.

Li laid back on the bed and closed his eyes once more. “I can feel her pain…I know better than anyone how she feels. It’s been this way since we were kids, I just never thought it was possible.” He said as he put his hand to his heart. “All that she had bottled up inside hurts…one of us has to help ease her hurting heart. For her own good.” He said to himself as a tear gently rolled down his cheek. “She wants it all to go away. Bao be…”

Kris was sitting outside of Lu Han’s room hidden by the shadows. He watched his friend run down the hall in a rush and listened to Li’s confession about feeling what she feels. He rested his head against the wall and starred up at the ceiling. After a few seconds of thinking he left the house quietly. After hours of walking through the rain he made a stop by a small abandoned house, walking inside he found a dusty bed in one corner.

Next to it was a chair, some bandages, and a pure white feature. He picked up the feather and sat in the chair starring at the bed, an image of a small girl dressed in a white dress with white wings appeared sleeping. He saw a small hand outstretch and gently rub her face.

“The girl who fell from the sky ten years ago….” He said as he tilted his head with a gentle smile. He reached out to touch her small face but the image disappeared. “I could see that she was sad…and when her eyes met mines for the first time I wanted nothing more but to protect her.” He rested his head on the bed and smelled the feature. “I’m so shellfish aren’t I Little Fang?”

***********************************************************************************

Xue Fang stood outside the small house as the sky lite up from the flash of lighting. It was a storm and the streets where empty and quite. Inside the window she was looking in she saw her mother and father playing with a little girl. Watching them from the couch was an older boy, he was busy on his computer.

“Play with us big brother!” The small girl shouted as she pulled him up off the couch and over to their parents. He nodded and gave her head a soft pat.

Xue Fang’s hands had unknowingly balled into a fist, another hand rested on hers and slowly relaxed her own. She looked at the owner, Lu Han stood behind her as he watched the scene unfold.

“Are you…okay?”

“That’s my family inside.” She said as she looked ahead again. My mother, the father I never knew. A step brother and a baby sister.” Xue Fang said. “All this time I was alone and she was here…why wasn’t I good enough for her?” She asked in a low tone, he could hear that she was on the verge of crying. Forcing a smile she looked at him. “Then again that’s just the way life goes.”

Lu Han wrapped his arms around her tightly and she starred ahead surprised. He closed his eyes tightly. “Don’t do that! Don’t give me such a smile when you’re in so much pain. If you keep bottling things up like this you’re only hurting yourself. It’s okay to cry Xue Fang…you have every reason to. I’ll be your crying shoulder, I promise no one has to know about it.”

“Lu Han I…” Xue Fang closed her eyes as the tears started flowing. “I…it just hurts so bad!” She shouted. “She left me alone and never once thought about what it would do to me. She was my mother so how could she be so selfish? All this time I wanted to die and be with her if I couldn’t make her proud and she was always alive. Why am I the one she doesn't love...it feels like every moment I spent with her wasn't real. Her happyness with me was fake. I WANT SOMEONE TO TELL ME WHY I WASN’T GOOD ENOUGH TO STAY BY HER SIDE!!!”

Lu Han nodded his head as he comforted her. “I can’t imagine what you feel after finding out so much in one day. I do know that you’re amazing, one of the kindest people I’ve met. Maybe you were too good for her and that’s why she had to go. Because you were born for great things that she couldn’t help you achieve.” She squeezed him tighter and hide her face. *Let it all out…I may not be a Guardian like Li but I care for you a lot. I might not be able to protect you but I’ll always be here for you.*

Her step brother inside saw two figures outside, it was blurry because of the rain but he spotted what seemed to be white wings. Walking over to the back door he the light and opened it up. “Who’s there?” He called out, when he reached the window they were gone. Scratching his head he sighed and turned to go but dangling on a tree branch were two necklaces.

He took them down and looked at the wet note stuck on them.

These necklaces will protect you and your sister.

Please be safe

No one had left a name, and he looked around once more.

“Who were they?”

“Big brothers come back in for dinner.” His sister called from the door.

“Coming!” He said as he put one on his neck and walked away.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: I'm so confused right now! @.@ So will the missing chapters magically appear agian or will I have to repost them? TT.TT