ch.8

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover


-Han Byul’s POV-

Those…stupid b@st@rd! It’s all because of them that I have a huge bump on my head. Which they ‘accidentally’ THREW at ME. They treat their teammate so cruel TT^TT….

The ball was pass over my head and Juwon caught it. I quickly steals the ball from him but failed, because he was hm…how should I put this….ok alright. I admit, Juwon was good! Too good! So I glare at him for a bit and played again.

Right now, I was blocking one of TaeHyung’s friends by the name Joo In Sung. He pushed me hard and I fell, goddamn that to hell.

I got back up. “HAN BYUL! GET UP FASTER, OR I’LL CUT YOUR HEAD OFF!” Our coach yelled at me.

“Heads up!” I heard ‘someone’ yelled.

Huh? I look up, finding an orange ball flying it’s way towards me. KABOOM. The world has ended.

Hell has just broke out.

“HAN BYUL! CONCENTRATE ON THE FREAKING BALL FOR ONCE!” The coach yelled at me for the hundredth time today.

Fine. Whatever. I concentrated on the ball. TaeHyung pass the ball to Juwon, I ran with speed towards him when his back was still facing me. He caught the ball and so did I steal the ball. I ran pass him and shoot the ball in from far away.

-SWISH-

I smiled.

“HAN BYUL! THAT WAS GREAT! I’VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE CAN SHOOT FROM SO FAR AWAY BEFORE!”

Why thank you Mr. Coach. ^^
“What?! But---I thought you said mine was the farthest!” TaeHyung asked, half yelling.

“Didn’t you see Han Byul?? His was farther than yours.” The coach told. I laughed at TaeHyung, while he glares at me. I stuck out my tongue at him while the coach wasn’t watching. : P…

“Why you----“

“TaeHyung! Stop your foolishness and start the game again!” The coach yelled.

Damn. Our coach loves to yell a lot. And I mean a lot and what shocked me most is that he doesn’t get tire of it.

Ahah. Stupid TaeHyung…

TaeHyung started off passing the ball to In Sung.

TaeHyung…my head hurts…why do he remind me of him so much?…


WooJae (another friend of TaeHyung) ran towards In Sung with full speed, woah. He’s fast. WooJae saw it coming and started to dribble the ball, walking slowly and steady…while WooJae was getting closer to In Sung, In Sung started running while dribbling. WooJae tried his best to block In Sung but In Sung tricked WooJae, thinking he’d go the left side but quickly turns around and ran…towards me.

Ugh. I hate it when a person runs towards me. I ran towards him also and BAM. He knocked me over. Stupid ! He sure is strong enough to push me all the way to Hawaii. I fell on the floor, landed on my booty. Ow…

In Sung shoots…SCORE!

“Alright. One more round, then let’s wrap it up!” The coach yelled.

(SIGH) God, I feel so weak right now.

Guess I’ll just leave it to WooJae and Yung soo to handle it.

The game starts, and I pretended to act like I was doing something, so the coach won’t yell at me, like for example, CONCENTRATING!^^

I watch as TaeHyung was running down the gym floor, his face was sweating. His running pace was fast, I don’t know how he can run so fast like that…and it reminds me…of Chun Jung Tae…my…first Love…



I was walking back home, forgetting all about Hyejin.

I still remember everything about him…everything.

FLASHBACK

The little 8 years old girl was lost, crying her eyes out.
“Wahhhh! Umma! Waaahhhh!”
…..
“Umma!!!!”

“Don’t cry…I’ll help you find your umma.”

The little girl look up and was face to face with a boy that looks like her age. She stopped crying and stare at him.

“Promise?” The girl asked.

The boy smiled, “Promise.”

“Pinky Promise?” The girl asked.

The boy smiled again and pulled the girl up, “Pinky promise.”

…..

“Mister. What’s your name?” the confused girl asked.

“Hehe. My name’s Chun Jung Tae…what’s your ma’m?” the boy asked.

“My name’s Han Byul.”


MORE FLASHBACK

“Come on Oppa! Come and catch meee! Weeeeee!” The little girl slid down the slide.
“Ok!” the boy happily slide down after her.

“WAHHHHH!” the girl cried.

“What’s wrong??” the boy went up to her.

But the girl kept on crying and pointed to her knee. The boy looked at her knee, it was bleeding.

The boy widen his eyes, then wipe the blood off with his shirt. Then blow the pain, “Wahh! That’s hurts more! Wahhhhhhhh!” the girl wail.

“Han Byul. My mom told me if something hurts, then you kiss it and then POOF. The hurt it’s gone.” The boy told her, while still rubbing the blood off. He kiss the her knee , “Feel better?” he asked.

The girl smiled and nods her head.

MORE FLASHBACK

“Oppa? What are you doing?” the girl in the age of 10 asked.

“Playing basketball. What else?” he shoots it, but misses.

“Go Oppa! You can do it!” The girl cheers him.

The boy smiled and nodded, he shoots in and…it went right in.

“YAY! OPPA! YOU MADE IT IN!” the girl jump around him.

“Teach me! Teach me!” she commanded.

“OK!”

FLASHBACK

“Oppa! I made it in 5 times in a row!” the 11 years old girl jumps on the boy.

“REALLY??? That’s really great!”

“I know! YaY!”

“Let’s go on one on one!” the boy happily said.

“OK!”

FLASHBACK

“Han Byul ah…”

“Yea Oppa???”

“….Nothing….”

“OK Oppa.”


“Honey, Han Byul. I’m afraid we have bad news to tell you.”

“Yea Umma?”

“…(sigh)…Jung Tae is in the hospital.”

“Jung Tae oppa???”

The mom nods her head.

“Take me there now Umma!”


The girl was crying on his bed, looking at him. “O-oppa…wake up. Wake up and play basketball with me…wake up…and…see me shoot in the net. Wake…up…and…and…cry…with me…Wahhhh! Oppa!!!” the girl cried.

“Honey. It’s time to go home now. You’ve been waiting for 4 hours now. C’mon. Let’s go.” The mom pull the girl up but the girl didn’t dare to move.

“No. I’m staying with oppa forever.”
“Han Byul. Stop being so stubborn and go home. He’ll be fine. Ok? His heart attack wasn’t so bad…he’s gonna wake up. Ok? Now. Let’s go home.”

The girl looks at her mom, “No. I’m staying with oppa!”

“Han Byul!”

“No! I’m staying with oppa!”

The mom dragged the girl back home while the girl was screaming and crying, saying, “I wanna stay with oppa!” over and over again.

The night they got home, the phone rang.

Sungwoo and Han Byul was playing together and running around the house.

The mom answered, “Hello?…are you serious?…I see…Yea…I’ll tell her…yea…ok…bye.”

“Umma? Who was that?” ask Han Byul.

“…That was the Hospital…”

Han Byul froze, “What did they say?”

“He died.”


END OF FLASHBACK


Jung Tae…although you’re gone…you’re still alive in my heart…
But whenever I look at TaeHyung, your face appears in my head? The way TaeHyung play, the way he moves when he’s playing is just like yours when you play with me…

Jung Tae Oppa…I miss you…

I hope you’re watching over me…smiling…