ch. 46

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover


……….






“Come out Han Byul. Stop starving yourself. I know you haven’t eaten since…forever. Now open up and eat.” Hyejin knock on the door.

It’s been two days since TaeHyung told me those harsh words.

I wanted to forget him and move on…



………..

But…

………..

It’s so hard…

“OPEN UP HAN BYUL! OR I WILL KICK DOWN THIS DOOR!” Hyejin yelled out.

I stared at the door.

I don’t care if my door broke…what’s really broken is…my heart…



…….


“HAN BYUL! COME OUTT!!!!!!!”

“I’m not hungry.” I said lowly, but loud enough for Hyejin to hear it.

“Stop starving yourself!”

“I’m not. I’m just not hungry.” To tell the truth, I’m hungry as h3ll right now. But…I just didn’t want to eat.

Hyejin sigh loudly, then I heard her footstep fading.



(SIGH)



Peaceful now…





BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

Someone was kicking the door, “Come out!!!” Hyejin yelled.

I ignored her and fell asleep.

-Next morning-

Monday

The three of us walked to school.

“Han Byul…did you eat breakfast?” Hyejin ask.

“Yea.” I lied.

“No you didn’t.” Hyejin shot her glare at me.

“I did.” I said tiredly.

“I didn’t see you.” Hyejin told me.

I shrugged my shoulder and walked ahead.

“Sungwoo…she’s so skinny now…she’s like a skeleton.” Hyejin whisper something out but I couldn’t hear it.

“It’s TaeHyung.” Sungwoo answered something lowly, but I’ve walked ahead.



…….



I slowly went to class.

Soon, class starts. But there was no So Hee. I was glad.

The teacher started talking about how life is to him while his letters entered my ear and out the right ears.




I almost fell asleep…until…

“FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!”

I shot my eyes opened and ran out to the noise. I knew I was going to get in trouble sooner or later but I was just curious who’s fighting…and in the morning too???

And all came too slowly as I heard the people chanting inside TaeHyung’s class…

I hesitate for a second…then slowly walked in…

There was no teacher…

As I enter…everyone’s eyes was on me…

And the one who was fighting was Sungwoo…and TaeHyung…

Juwon was helping TaeHyung by either pulling Sungwoo or punching him from behind.

I spotted Jung Tae sitting, watching in confused.

“Sungwoo.” I said tiredly.

They all stopped and turned at me.

TaeHyung’s dark eyes land on me and turned into an even darker devil eye, staring at me while I just smiles at him.

“Stop it Sungwoo.” I told him.

“This b.tch needs a lesson.” Sungwoo coldly told me, then punches TaeHyung. TaeHyung landed violently on the ground.

“You B.TCH! Do you know what you did to Han Byul?!? Huh?!?”

My heart began to aches. Sungwoo…stop…

Just then, Hyejin was right by my side.

TaeHyung was only glaring at Sungwoo with hate.

Juwon looks at me, then at Sungwoo again.

Chirp Chirp

Silence…

“She starved herself for days now. And it’s all because of you!” Sungwoo punches him harder and full of hate.

“I. Don’t. Care.” TaeHyung said loud and clear.

I should get use to his words from now on.



He loves So Hee…not me.

Hyejin widen her eyes.

“What did you say?” Sungwoo ask.

“I said I. Don---“

Sungwoo punched him even more.

I stood there dumb folded.

Watching them…not knowing what to do.

“What the h3ll did she do to deserve this kind of shyt?!” Sungwoo ask while punching TaeHyung, who did nothing.

Then, someone pulled me out of the classroom.

How come…TaeHyung…why are you hurting me so much?



Jung Tae…



“Han Byul. What…Sungwoo said…it is true???” Jung Tae asked, full of concern.

My eyes started to water.

I shook my head.

“Tell me the truth.” Jung Tae demanded.

I slowly…shook my head once more.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside the classroom

What the h3ll did you do to her?!” Sungwoo yelled out.

“I did nothing…it was what she was doing.” TaeHyung answered calmly.

Sungwoo stood silence…

“What the h3ll did she do then?” Sungwoo asked impatiently. Hyejin was dying to know what the answer was too.

“You didn’t know? Heh. I can’t believe I actually once loved her, yea, she got the looks.” TaeHyung stood up, facing Sungwoo, “But the inside of her is ugly as h3ll.”

Hyejin widen her. Hyejin was on the verge to kill TaeHyung right this second, but she wanted to hear more of what he had to say.

“I’ll tell you what she did….*chuckle* she threatens to kill So Hee…and even send a guy to So Hee…for her present on her birthday...”

The whole class gasps. Girls and guys, then whispers went on and on.

“She would never do that.” Sungwoo said through clench teeth.

“How do you know?” TaeHyung ask.



Sungwoo laughs a bit…

“TaeHyung…isn’t it obvious that Han Byul doesn’t know So Hee’s birthday?” Sungwoo ask.

“She did. She even admitted it.”

Sungwoo stood on the floor, confused.

“YOU STUPID JERK!” Hyejin yelled, then ran towards TaeHyung and pulled out his hair.

“You fu.cking jerk! You---“ Hyejin was pulled back by Sungwoo.

Hyejin instantly glares at Sungwoo, “Don’t. Stop. Me. You know well enough not to.”

“Hyejin. It’s his decision to believe who ever…” Sungwoo said, then turned and face TaeHyung, “You WILL regret in the end…I’ve already warn you. Don’t come crying back to Han Byul because I…won’t let you.” Sungwoo walked out of the classroom.

Hyejin shot a cold glare at TaeHyung, and then followed after Sungwoo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



“Come on Han Byul. Let’s skip first hour and go eat breakfast.” Jung Tae smiled widely.

Han Byul looks at him tiredly and shook her head.

Jung Tae frown, “Come on. I’m hungry. So let’s both go.” Jung Tae pouted.

Han Byul, again, shook her head, “I’m not hungry.”

“Please Han Byul? I’m hungry.” Jung Tae puts his palm together over his heart and leans close to Han Byul.

Han Byul looks at him for a few seconds…then nodded.

…………………



Jung Tae watches as Han Byul slowly eats her food, taking a small bite at time.






“She starved herself for days now. And it’s all because of you!”





That line repeats itself in Jung Tae’s mind for a long time now.

‘She looks so pale…and much more skinnier now…’ Jung Tae thought to himself.

‘Han Byul…do you really love TaeHyung…

…..

Do you…

If you do….

Then….what about me…’



…………….


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Han Byul went back to school, along with Jung Tae after eating.

~After School~

Han Byul went to her locker, opening her locker, another note fell down.

Han Byul, slowly opened it and read…




Han Byul. I need to talk to you. Meet me behind the school…now.

So Hee.






Han Byul crumbles the paper and threw the paper on the ground.

Han Byul ignored her and walked home…

Han Byul stopped.

‘Should I go?’



‘Or should I not?’





‘I should, huh?’



Han Byul walked back to the school, and went behind the school.



From far away Han Byul could see a girl leaning on the school red brick wall.



Han Byul glared at So Hee.

Then slowly walked over.

So Hee notice Han Byul’s presence, then smiled.

“What do you want?” Han Byul asked.

“Just wondering, is it TRUE that you actually starves yourself?” So Hee asked, with a happy smiled and crosses her arm across her chest.

“That’s just rumor.” Han Byul lied.

“Yea…right…well, Han Byul. I hope you can handle what I’m doing next.” So Hee laughed.

“I don’t care what you do.”

“That imbecile boy falls for everything I told him. You won’t even have a chance.” So Hee wickedly laughed.

“And since he still loves me, it makes everything easier.” So Hee continued.

“Do whatever you want.” Han Byul walks away.

“Uh-uh. You’re not leaving without a special present.”

Han Byul stops, “Whatever.” Han Byul walked away again.

Bam!

Han Byul fell forward, and landed on the ground.

“Come one girls. Let’s teach this b.tch a lesson.”

Han Byul could fight back…but…she didn’t want to.

Just lying there as they all beat her up. Just lying there as they all hit her with objects.

..

Punching her…

….

Kicking her…



Laughing at her…





Spits at her…



Stomping on her….



But Han Byul did nothing in returned.