ch.25

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

I didn’t want to be in here. So I ran out of the room…


Yes…I ran out of the room…


Unlock Hyejin’s room, then took her and left. I know what you’re thinking…’Why did I ran out?’ well, to be honest, I was scared….no….scratch that…I was hella scare…of my life and his life……….

-In The Taxi-

“…Why…Sung…woo…you….ZzzZzzzZzzZ.”

I look over at Hyejin.

Poor Hyejin…and…stupid Sungwoo.

Everything’s so complicated…

All that was in my mind now is…TaeHyung……………….Kill TaeHyung?

TaeHyung…..

I…don’t know this feeling….it hurts to know someone’s after you….It hurts to know that they wants to kill you…………….and it hurts more to know that you don’t know any of this…………..

It also hurts me……that someone else is in your heart…



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It was the next day…Tuesday…

Yesterday, I took Hyejin home and, me, the lucky one, found Sungwoo already asleep on the couch, so I tiptoe into Hyejin’s room and lay her down, then went into my room and fell fast asleep.


Me and Hyejin left without Sungwoo, we didn’t want to wake him up.

In class, the teacher was talking nonstop.

*Yawn*

“Hi Han Byul.” I turned behind me, it was the one and only, So Hee…*horror*

I smile, “Hello.” I turned back around and roll my eyes.

‘I hate her…’

“Han Byul.” That was her again.

I turned back around and look at her. “Yea?” I asked.

“Is Sungwoo your cousin?” She asked me innocently.

I nod.

“Really??? Wow. This sure is a small world ^O^. Sungwoo is such a sweet guy, and yesterday I finally get to meet him again and I was so happy. I remember when we was younger---“

I nod at every word she said but I wasn’t listening, I look around and saw Hyejin looking at me, then at So Hee, she was listening to everything.

“And then he told me to meet him at the South Park. And boy it was fun. Oh and when we went to the Carnival, he bought all these nice teddy bears for and even won all the stuff I want and---“

I bore-ly nod at everything. Will this girl ever shut the hell up?

“Hyejin! Do we have any homework?” I cut the girl So Hee off and asked Hyejin.

Hyejin shook her head in confusion.

“Awe…but wait. I think we DO have homework. Let me do it right now.” I said quickly and took out a piece of line paper and my lucky pencil.

I quickly scratch down anything onto the paper. And on and on.

The teacher slam the book on her desk, catching everybody’s attention…and…my attention. I quickly looks up at the teacher.

“QUIZ! TODAY!” WHAT?!? B-But! I don’t even know what the heck is going on in this class!

The class groans.

I look down at my paper and widen my eyes…I have been writing someone’s name…

TaeHyung….

TaeHyung! What if he’s hurt right now?!? Oh no.

I ran out of the classroom and ran to their room. I ran and ran…until I reach their room. I look through the glass into their room…

He’s…safe…

I’m so…glad…



I went back to class and all eyes were on me….uh. Did I do something wrong?

“Ms. Baek! Why did you fly off during the quiz?!? Today, you will have to take a test after school!” The stupid teacher yelled at me.

“WHAT?!? No way!” Oops…*laughs nervously*

“(GASP) Ms. Baek, are you talking back to me?” The teacher asked, shock.

“Uh…no.” I quickly sat back down on my seat.

Test? Please god help me…TT_TT…



The day went by fast-ly, me and Hyejin didn’t go to lunch, we skip and went into an ice-cream store. Then went back to school.

But anyways, the last hour in school. I don’t wanna take the test. God, if you love me, pop an idea into my head……………

Think…think…think……………………think………….think…………….

D-ding *Light Bulb flashes*

I started coughing….

Then started coughing louder…….then acting as I as gonna throw up any second.

“Mrs. Im. II’m…sick *cough* *cough*…can…I *cough* *cough* go home?” I touch my head and act as I’m dizzy.

“But Ms. Baek, you was perfectly fine this morning.” Stupid Mrs. Im said.

“I AM sick…after…I…ate *cough* the…lunch…ow…my…stupid hurts…” I started acting. Maybe I should become an actor one day.

I could see Hyejin giggling from the corner of my eyes.

“Mrs. Im…I think…I’m going to…die….” I fell off my chair and groan and cough few times.

“Ok. Ok. Call home. Go now!” Mrs. Im usher me out the classroom.

I stood up happily and sickly walk out the room, after I’m out the door, I peek in the classroom, making sure all the students were watching me. I stuck my tongue out at them and laugh. I skip my way out.

“Mrs. Im! She’s not sick!” One girl yelled.

“She was just lying!” Another girl yelled.

Ahahaha.

I stayed out and waited for Hyejin outside the gate, besides…I have nothing better to do anyways.

Lalalalala…god it’s boring now.

I was walking back and forth, then walks from block to another block. Uh…I think I’m going too far. So I trace my steps back to the school…lalalala~~lala~~

(GASP)

“Hand over the i can't reading money or I’ll i can't reading kill you!”

I heard some yelling in the alley. And that voice…it’s…………
It’s………………………….

“J-Jung Tae.”

The yelling voice stopped and I could hear footsteps running towards me. And there you go, my answer….my answer was true after all…………..

“Han Byul?” He asked worriedly.

“What are you doing here??” He asked me again.

“No Jung Tae. I wanna know what you’re doing here and why the hell were all those commotions are about.” I command him to answer me.

“…”

“Jung Tae!” I yelled.

He widen his eyes, he looked surprise. I’m surprise by my action too, this is the first time I ever yelled at him.

“Was you about to rob someone?!?” I continued my yelling, I really, desperately want to know what’s going on.

“…”

“What are you hiding from me that you can’t tell me?” I asked.

“…Han Byul…” He said.

Then a guy rush passes us, looking at Jung Tae with such ‘afraid’ eyes. He was so scared of Jung Tae.

“Let’s talk this later.”

“No. I want to talk now.” I rejected.

“Han Byul, please, let’s just talk this later, alright?” He two hands were on my shoulder, shaking me a little.

“Why?” I asked, annoy.

“Because, it’s not safe here with me and---“ He stopped, he looks behind me, his eyes looked…afraid…

Wth? I’m not in a bad mood. So don’t play with me.

I turned back but Jung Tae wouldn’t let me turn around, instead he tightens his grip on my arm, telling me not to move. What is he doing?

I push him away and turn around, facing a stranger.

“Who the hell are y---“ I stopped…how come this guy…. looks…just like…me? I mean when I dress as a boy, he looks just like me.

“Jung Tae, who’s this btch? And where the hell is the money?” The stranger asked Jung Tae, he…he look just my age…one thing I notice about his voice…was deep and scary. His voice sent chills down my back. He glare at me, I swear…his eyes…. they looks just like…someone I know. But where?

“I ask who the is this muthering btch?” The scary guy asked Jung Tae in the same tone.

“Sh-she’s one of m-my friend.” Jung Tae stuttered.

Was Jung Tae afraid of him?

I look at the stranger and he was looking at me with those deadly glares. I step back…

His face…his eyes…his lips…look just like mine, except his nose. Something…something about him…seems like I knew him from the day I was born. I felt close to this…stranger…like there’s a bond between us. But…he also look dangerous…like he’s gonna kill me…

“What the fawk are you ing staring at?” He shot his ugly words at me.

“Get the outta here before I ing change my mind.” He demanded.

I look at Jung Tae and he motion his head for me to go. I was debating to go or not, then in the end, I decided to go. I’ll talk to him later.

I left.

I left back to school.

As soon as I got there, the bell rang and student started to come out the front door. I looked for Hyejin and Sungwoo, I waited…and waited….where are they?

I started punching Hyejin’s cell.

“Hello?” Her voice answered.

“Hyejin? Where are you?” I asked.

“I’m on my way there. Are you at the front gate?” Wow, she sound happy.

“Yea. Hurry up. I’ve been waiting since…um…forever.”

“Ok!^O^. COMING!^^”
-Click-

Then I saw TaeHyung and Juwon, the two of them coming out.

“Juwon!” I called his name.

He looks over at me, then came towards me.

“Yea?” He asked.

TaeHyung walked right pass us, without even looking at me once.

“I…” I should tell him what I know yesterday.

“There’s…some ppl that’s…gointokillTaeHyung.” I told him quickly.

“What did you just say?O.o” Juwon asked.

“Juwon! T^T! Someone’s out to kill TaeHyung!” I told him in a low voice.

“WHAT?!?” He yelled.

I cover my ear.

“How did you know?!?” He yelled…again.

“I-I-I-WENT—TO THE CLUB-YKNOW-THE---I-IYEA—AND-THIS—AND—THEY-THOUGHT—WE—AND---HYEJIN—TRADE—LOOKTHE---SAME—MISTUNDERSTANDING-TOSOMEONEELSE—AND-I-THEN-RAN—THEN-HYEJIN---“

“HANBYUL!” Juwon yelled…again.

“Yea?”

“Please speak clearly…and slowly.”

I look down…

“Nothing.”

“Han Byul!” Hyejin’s happy joy joy voice had interrupted my thoughts.

I look at Hyejin.

“Han Byul. Are you just joking or is it serious?” Juwon asked me in the serious tone…for the second time in my life. He sounds scary TT_TT.

“I…was um…” There’s a stranger that looks just like me, is he the guy what the crazy people calling me boss yesterday was him… what if he’s after TaeHyung now?!? And what if TaeHyung thought it was me?!? Oh no!!!!!!!!

“Juwon. Will there ever be a person on earth that looks just like you?” I ask, changing the subject.

“No.” He answered.

Hyejin came and stood next to me, “Hi Juwon oppa!”

Juwon smile, “Hi Hyejin.”

I thought for a second, NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Juwon…promise me you’ll keep a close eye on TaeHyung.”

“What are you talking about Han Byul. You make him sound like he’s going to die or something.”

That’s because he IS. Well, unless we do something about it but I don’t know what the hell to do.

“Nothing. Just nothing.” I said, then walk away.

“Wait up!” Hyejin caught up to me and beginning to ask questions, thousands of question, which I ignore.

“Hey…Hyejin. Why are you so happy?” I asked her, interrupting all her questions shooting at me.

“Well…*Smiles* Sungwoo rejected the So Hee when she ask him out.” Wow, she even look happier now.

“Really O_O?”
“YEP!^O^! I was kinda eaves dropping. Ok. This is how it goes…”

She remembers everything-_-.

“Sungwoo oppa, I really like you, will you go out with me?”
“Why?”
“Because I like you.”
“…”
“Sungwoo oppa?”
“I like someone else now.”
“What…w-who oppa?”
“None of your business. And let me remind you, I’m over you now.”
“No your not Sungwoo. I know you still love me the same.”
“No I don’t.”
“Oppa…”
“I love someone else now.”

I look over at Hyejin, she look so happy. Her expression--> >u<…^O^…^-^…XD!

I’m happy for you Hyejin…I guess Sungwoo really is trying hard to forget her. I’m happy.^^

…………………

Hyejin stops and look ahead, huh? I follow her eyes direction and end up looking at Jung Tae.

“We need to talk.” He told me.