ch. 5

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

“Sungwoo you bastard. What the hell are you here?!?” TaeHyung yelled.

“Is there s’pose to be a reason to come back?” Sungwoo ask.

Ooh. Smart mouth.

“Sungwoo, get the i can't read out before I beat the shyt out of you!” One of TaeHyung’s friend step up and face Sungwoo.

“Haven’t seen you too, Juwon.” Sungwoo smiled.
“Shut the i can't read up you i can't read!” The guy by the name Juwon yelled…

Oh hecky no…. no one calls my lovely cousin a …. not even me…

I step in front of Sungwoo and stare right into Juwon in the eyes.

“Don’t you EVER call him a because you’re one yourself.” I said coldly.

-BAM- He punched me right in the face. I saw it coming but I just froze. I know I’m slow at moving.

……

Before swings were everywhere, my cousin threw the first punch. Then Juwon fought back. Me, being the angry one, jump in and that’s when everybody else jump in.

………
…………….
……………………….
……………………………..
……………………….
…………….
………

“Ouch! That stings! Can you be a little gentler???” Sungwoo asked Hyejin, who’s aiding his cuts and bruises.

About the fight, no one wins. We all got kick out of the club.

Yea. I have bruises too. But I don’t need any help; I can do it by myself.

“Han Byul, why did you fight?!? HUH?!? And why the heck are you wearing guy’s clothes. You look weird.” Sungwoo just had to spit it out…

Hyejin looked confused, “What do you mean?? He’s a guy. So he----“

“PUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!” Sungwoo laughs so loud I had to cover my ears and cover HIS mouth.

“Shut up Sungwoo oppa.” I whisper to him.

“Don’t tell her anything.” I added.

He looks at me weirdly.

“What are you guys talking about???” Hyejin asked, confused.

I look at her and smile widely, “Oh Nothing. Hyejin, if you’re sleepy. Just got o sleep ok???” I asked her then pulled Sungwoo out of the room and into my room.

“Do you have to say that in front of her?!” I yelled, trying my best to not yell really loud.

“What do talking about???……OH! You LIED to her that you’re a guy??? OMG! I cannot believe that Han Byul is a lezbo!” He yelled.

O_O…..O///O…

“You Stupid STUPID Sungwoo!” I hit him.

“Ow! OW!! Damn. You even hits like a guy! Ow! Stop!” He yelled.

I stopped and breathe in. then out. Breathes again…. calm down Han Byul…just clam down…. ok…much better.

I sat on my bed and motion him to sit next to me. He did as he was told and I explained everything to him.
After like eternity of talking and blabbing, I was finished.

“What?? Just for Basketball?! Han Byul you must be crazy! Don’t you know that you’re lying to everybody?! Well…not everybody but…that girl in the other room.”

“Hyejin?”

“Well yea. Whatever her name is. Isn’t she your best friend?!”

Hm…I didn’t really consider Hyejin my best friend but she IS my friend…

“What’s your point?” I ask.

“Tell her the truth.” Sungwoo answered.

“What truth?” I asked.

“The truth, dummy.”

“What truth?” I asked again.

“Aish. That you’re a girl! Dammit. Why are you so slow??” he asked me, then angrily mess up his hair.

“I dunno. You tell ME.”

………

“Han Byul…” He said lowly.

Wow. He’s weird today..

“Yea?” I asked.

“Just tell her who you really are. I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to worry about her finding out that you’re really a ‘girl’ everyday. And if she finds out herself. Who knows what she’s gonna think. Maybe some bad stuff…”

Wow. He has a point. Sometimes, I really think that he has a brain.

“Sungwoo oppa, why are you so worry?” I asked.

“Because I don’t want to see you so trouble every moment. And all this is just for Basketball. I really have a weird cousin.” He shook his head.

I glare at him, “Well, would you sacrifice anything for the thing you wants most?” I asked him.

He looked at me, I swear, I thought I saw a sad expression on his face. But he looks away, and said nothing at all.

I was utterly confused by his action, hm…. something’s definitely wrong here.

“…Are you…still going to tell her?” I knew he wanted to change the subject. He sound so…hurt. Maybe, there’s stuff where you can’t tell it out and aren’t meant to be told. So I answer him, “I will. But just not now.”

He nodded.

I wonder what he’s thinking right now.

“I’ll leave you alone. I need to go talk to Hyejin about something.” I left him in my room.

I knocked Hyejin’s room.

-Knock-Knock-

“Come in.” I heard her. And I walked in.

“Hyejin…” I sat on her bed as she was sleeping on the bed, facing the wall.

“Yea?” she asked.

“Tell me who was that girl that slap you. Do you know her?” I asked her, really curious about that.

“……”

“Hyejin? HellooOOoo? Did you fall aslee---“

“She’s my sister.”

O_O ßmy expression.

“W-what? Then why did she do that???” I asked.

“…Because...(Han Byul lean closer to Hyejin)…well…it’s a long story…” Hyejin’s voice was low.

“I have all night to listen.” I told her.

“……..”

“……………Well, it started when she used to go out with her boyfriend…every night she would tell me how wonderful he is to her…. He would come to our house and talk to her, taking her out, and she would take me along with them…then…one time…he came over our house while my sister isn’t home. Because she’s out with her friend. He confesses to me that he liked me for a while now, and he…almost… me, until my sister came in….”

-Tear slid down from Hyejin’s face-


“That’s when she broke up with him…she said if I love him. Then she’d let me have him, she said she doesn’t care…but…deep down. I knew she was crying…
….I never seen him since then………………………………….*sniff*….
………..Then after many months, she found another guy. And it happens all over again. He told me, he uses her to get to me, he uses my sister to get my attention and get me to notice him…at the wrong moment when he force a kiss on me, my sister was right there…
……and now. She told me if she sees me again. She’ll kill me…I don’t blame her…I know how she feels…I understand her…I’m a …I’m always one…And now…here I am…telling you my story…ahah. Isn’t it funny?” Hyejin laughs lowly.

“Hyejin…”

“No…don’t feel sorry for me…I don’t you to pity me…” Hyejin sadly smile.

“But…” Hyejin continue.

Hyejin hugs Han Byul, “Right now, I really need a shoulder to cry on…”

Han Byul could feel Hyejin sniffing and crying lowly. ‘Poor Hyejin…’

“Yea…cry it out Hyejin…cry until you could no longer cry no more…”


----------