ch.19

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

-The next day at School-

Han Byul’s POV

I don’t know why but I just feel happy this morning^^.

I went into the classroom early, Sungwoo went somewhere. I walked in and sat on my chair, just finishing my homework from yesterday.

While I was still working on my homework, I heard footstep coming in the room, I didn’t care because right now I have to do my homework, hey, homework is important!

“Han Byul…”

I look up and met eyes with Jung Tae.

“Hm?”

“Where did you go yesterday night?” he asked me.

“I…um…”

“You were with him, huh?” He asked, I could tell he was a bit sad and angry at the same time.

Should I tell…him?

“I…” I look down at my paper. I couldn’t look at him in the eyes.

Then, out of nowhere, I couldn’t believe what my mouth was saying, “No, I wasn’t with him.”

I close my eyes, Han Byul, how could you just say that?! You WERE with TaeHyung yesterday! You were!

Jung Tae let out a sigh of relief. “I’m glad you weren’t…come on, let’s skip.”

“Huh?” I look up at him, “But…class…”

“It’s okay, just today…ok?” He smile at me, those smiles I’ve been waiting for all these years, I smile back and nod.

He reached out his hand and I held it.

We went down the hall…I stopped, TaeHyung…

He was looking right back at me.

Jung Tae dragged me and we walk right pass TaeHyung, it was a slow moment when I pass TaeHyung, my heart didn’t feel right. Something was wrong, how come…my heart….hurts?


TaeHyung was looking down, I look back at him, he stood there in the same spot. TaeHyung…I’m sorry…I can’t leave Jung Tae…




“Where are we going?” I asked, we both were in his car.

“Just somewhere…”

I nod.

The whole ride was quiet, I felt so secure with Jung Tae. Even if it was quiet like this, it was comfortable.

……………………..


I look at Jung Tae, I look at his face carefully, afraid he might go away again. I don’t want to feel the pain anymore.

“Do I look that handsome?” He joked and let out a light chuckle.

I blush and look away.

“Han Byul ah…” His voice was serious.

“Hm?”

“What would you do…if…I’m not here anymore?”

I looked at him shock. Why would he ask such a question?

“I want you to answer me honestly.” He continued.

I don’t know Jung Tae…I really don’t know…
I don’t want to go through all the pain again…it’s too much to handle…

“I…” I started.

“Why are you asking me that? Does it mean you’re going back?” I asked lowly, hoping he says no.

“I’m just asking…don’t take it seriously.”

“We’re here.” He stopped the car.

I look out the window, we were at the beach. It looks so cold, due to the snow.
The water froze and…it looks beautiful.

I got out and so did he.

“Come on!” He dragged my hand and ran towards the water.

OMG. Not the ice…

And soon enough, we both was sliding on the ice. I lost balance and fell on my booty.

“OWWWW!” I rub my booty and tried my best to stands back up.

“Come on, Han Byul, let me help you.” He pulls me up, I was too scare so I held him tightly. I at roller-skating, so what do you expect when it comes to ice? Boy, you do not want to be with me.

“Look, you’re standing.” He pointed at me feet, and yep I was standing, YaY^^.

I push myself and slide 2 feet, This is actually…..fun!^^

I look back at him, he smiled widely at me and did a peace sign.

This time I tried going further, and I went 5 feet. Whoot! I’m so proud!

But I stopped when Jung Tae went WAY ahead of me.

“WAIT FOR ME!>..<

STOP FEET! STOP!!!

O.O! ---Jung Tae.

CRASH

Me and Jung Tae fell down on the ice, with me on top of him. I opened my eyes and widen my eyes while he was just smiling at me with those erted smile.

o///o…O///O

“You know…all you need to do is ask.” He said.

Wh..at?

I finally got what he meant and quickly pulls myself away, but my feet would slip and fell on him again.

“JUNG TAE! GET AWAY FROM ME!”

“I can’t…” he told me calmly, “Because you’re on top of me. I can’t move.”

My face was tomato red and this time, I push him hard away. And finally got off of him.

“Hahaha…you’re funny Han Byul, you know that?” He laughs.

It wasn’t funny, it was embarrassing! I look away from him. Not wanting him to look at my face.

I stood up and walk away, walking back to the car.

But I fell due to my bad balance, and landed on my knee.

“AHHHOWWW!” I hugged my knee tight.

“IT HURTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSS!”

“Han Byul, are you ok?” He asked, kneeling beside me, then looks at my knee.

“It’s bruise.” He told.

Bruise?….NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!






“God, where’s Han Byul??” Hyejin asked Sungwoo.

“I don’t know…probably with Jung Tae because he wasn’t in class either.” He answered then ate his lunch.

“JUNG TAE?!? God, I hate him! Sungwoo, something’s not right about that guy! He look like he’s just using her or something! Don’t you have the same feeling?!”

“No.” Sungwoo ate his fries.

“Why?” Hyejin asked.

“I don’t know.” Sungwoo add the ketchup to his fries.

“(SIGH)” –Hyejin.










“SUNGWOO!”

“Yea?”

“What’s wrong with you?!”

“Nothing.”

“Fine. Don’t tell me then.” Hyejin ate her food angrily.




“Don’t tell me you’re thinking about her again TaeHyung.” Juwon said.
TaeHyung was quiet.
“God, TaeHyung, go find another girl.”
“Yea man. Just find someone else and forget about her.” In Sung advise.
“I thought the day never come when TaeHyung ever love a girl so much he’s depress.” WooJae said.

(a/n: If you forgot about In Sung and WooJae, it’s TaeHyung’s friend. I’ve mention them both when Han Byul was still a boy and they was playing basketball.)

WooJae, you’re not helping.”—Juwon.

“Let’s go outside guys. I’m not in the mood to eat.” TaeHyung said.
“Alright then.” Juwon agree, so did WooJae and In Sung.




They stood under the tree, the grass died and snow was covering the ground. The tree’s leaves were all gone, and the snow took its spot.

It was peace and quiet, no one dare to spoke.

“Lookie here, TaeHyung. I’ve finally found you.”

All four turned around, with a name coming out of their mouth.

“Yung soo…”

“That’s right.” Yung soo said.

“What the hell are you doing here?” TaeHyung asked calmly.

“You know, you got lucky last time.”

“But still, we won, so get the away.” TaeHyung demanded while walking towards Yung soo every time he spoke.

“You’ve made me embarrassed on the last game, now you will pay.” Yung soo looked at TaeHyung straight in the eyes.

“You can’t do .” TaeHyung smirk.

“Think again.” Yung soo smirk back.

“What the fawk do you muthering want ?!” WooJae yelled.

“Oh nothing. Just revenge.” Yung soo snap his finger and 8 people came out of hiding and stood behind him, “But I won’t settle it this way. I will go for something…far more interesting. TaeHyung, just watch your back…”

Yung soo and his people left.

“What the hell is he talking about?” Juwon asked.

“….” TaeHyung look up and whisper, “Something far more interesting…far more interesting….”

----------------------------------------------------------------


BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

“Thanks for today Jung Tae, it was fun!^^”

“Glad you enjoyed it.”

“I’m waiting for Sungwoo and Hyejin, you can go home.”

“You sure?”

“Yep^^.”

“Ok. Bye then.” He wave at her then went inside his car and left.

Han Byul looks at the students pouring out but didn’t find Hyejin or Sungwoo, all the students have left but Han Byul decided to still wait, then TaeHyung and his group came out, all of his group, Han Byul looks down.

They went pass her, both said nothing to each other.

I’m sorry TaeHyung… I don’t know what to do without Jung Tae……but I can’t live without you too………………
………………………………………
…………………..

After 5 more minutes she spotted Hyejin.

“HYEJIN!^^”

“Huh? Oh Han Byul! Hey, why did you lea---O.O! HAN BYUL!!” Hyejin chase after the black car that took Han Byul but she was too slow…