ch.26

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

It was only the two of us…in a restaurant.

We both have already order our food and drinks.

“So, tell me.” I cross my arm.

He sigh then looks at me, “…Alright………………I’m………………in a gang.”

“…”

“…”

“Why?” I asked, still shock by his answer, the old Jung Tae would never be dumb enough to do such things.

“…My mom…she was sick and my dad---“

“How come I didn’t know any of this?” I interrupted.

“…”

“…”

“…And…my dad…left us…for this…one lady…so no one could pay for the bills so that’s why I’m doing all these dirty work.”

I felt hurt…deeply…how come you never told me anything…

“Jung Tae…” I said softly.

“Aha. That’s why…I’m doing all these stuff and…that’s why…you haven’t see me much lately…I’m sorry for worrying you.”


He was in pain…

It must hurt you so much…and I wasn’t there…


“…Then…Jung Tae…. so you knew…that there’s someone else who look like me.”

He nods.


”What’s…his…name?” I asked slowly.

“…….. Joo…Joo Yun Jae…”

I have never heard of that name in my whole life.

“Who’s he to you?” I asked.

“…My…leader…the leader of the gang.” He answered.

So that’s why he was so afraid of him.

“…I’m sorry…Jung Tae…I’m sorry I wasn’t there for you.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I went home after eating in silence with Jung tae.

When I got home, I notice a car was park in front of my mansion, well, not MY house but you know what I mean…

Omg, my parent’s home! Why so soon?!

I ran inside and the doorknob wasn’t lock so I busted in. lol.

I stop right there.

My mom and dad was waiting for me, looking pretty annoy.

“WE haven’t gone for long and you’re out this late?!” My mom yelled at me.

LATE? I look at my watch.

“What? It’s only 8 thirty. That is not late.”

“It’s not late to you but it’s really LATE to us! Something could happen to you at 7:56! We might not know!” My mom yelled. …7:56? Pulease…

“But I’m ok. See?”

“Don’t you ‘see’ me, young lady.” Said my mom, annoy.




“Ok. I’m sorry umma, I won’t do it next time.” I apologized, knowing my mom, she will never give up until I say sorry.

“Much better.” My mom sat on the couch and the TV, watching news. So boring…and where the heck is Sungwoo and Hyejin?

“Umma, why are you guys home so early?” I asked.

“…”

At least just say something…

So I change the subject, “Hey Umma and Appa, will there be someone out there that’ll look just like me? Out there somewhere?” I asked. I could see my mom stiffen, and my dad, speechless.

What is wrong with them today???

My mom left to her room and came back with a photo book. And my dad, just staring at my mom.

Me--> O.o?

“Honey.” My mom started, sitting next to me.

“The reason we came back is to tell you this…” She handed me the photo book.

I slowly took it, wow, my mom sound so serious. Me= suspicious.

“Sweetie.” My dad spoke to me, I look at him. Then Sungwoo and Hyejin came in the living room, sat on the couch across from me.

“We’ve been hiding this from you far too long…” My dad paused.

“………………………….Han Byul…………………You are not the only child we have…” My dad finally said.

I look at my dad………I’m……..not….the only….child?

I look at mom……………..

Then at this photo book sitting on my lap.


“You…have a brother…” My dad told me.


…………….I what?………………I have a what? Did I just hear it right? I…………….have…………a brother?

“I have…a brother?” I asked.

Both Sungwoo and Hyejin looks shock.
So do I.

“Twin brother.” My dad finished.

I stopped….a………..twin brother?

Wait……………………………………………A twin brother?

Then I remembered…..


Flashback


“…Then…Jung Tae…. so you knew…that there’s someone else who look like me.”

He nods.

“What’s…his…name?” I asked slowly.

“…….. Joo…Joo Yun Jae…”

I have never heard of that name in my whole life.

“Who’s he to you?” I asked.

“…My…leader…the leader of the gang.” He answered.

End of Flashback


I quickly opens the photo book and there, me and my twin brother…

“That’s when you guys are born.” My mom told me.

I flip the page…

“And that’s…when you guys are two months old.” My mom continued.

I stared at the picture, I was wearing pink and my twin brother was wearing light blue. We look just the same, and when I say the same, we look the same, you can’t tell at all.

I felt my tears coming out…

Sungwoo and Hyejin rush over at me and stare at the pictures too.

I flip the page…

“That’s when you guys are one years old.”

I laugh softly, we both was eating chocolate candy, our face was all covered in candy. He looks so cute…no…we look so cute…

“…Umma…who’s older?” I asked.

“Your brother is.” My mom answered.

“Then…” I look at my mom, “Where did he go?”

I could see my mom’s tears falling down, then sat next to dad.

My dad sigh, “We have to give him up.”

Give...him…up? But…why?

But there’s more question popping out in my head…

“Then why…did you guys choose me…every parents always wants the boy.” I felt sad…I just wanted to know.

My dad gave a small smile at me, “Let’s just say…your mom doesn’t want to loose you…”

My tear slid down, mom…she loves me so much…

“Then where’s oppa?” I asked.

“We were poor at the time…we didn’t have enough money to raise the both of you. So we took him to the Orphanage. You guys separated when you guys are 1 years and 2 months old.”

“Is…he adopted now?” I asked.

My dad nodded.

“…then…what’s oppa’s name?” I asked slowly.

“…His name’s…Yun Jae…”

Yun…Jae?

“Then…” I whisper. “They didn’t change his name after all…”

“What’s wrong honey?” my mom asked.

I shook my head and smiled…

“Are you guys still looking for him?” I asked.

They both nod.

I smiled, “I found him.” I whisper softly.

“Oppa…I found you…” I continue to whisper.




“Honey.” My mom started, “We have to leave tomorrow morning. We’ve contacted everyone in the city if they find him or not. I’ll give you the news alright?” My mom asked. I nod and smiled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I ran to Jung Tae’s class, but he wasn’t there……then that must mean….he’s with them again…………………..

I ran out of the school……….Jung Tae you jerk, where are you? I ran around the block. It was still foggy and no one was out in the street, well, only students, but I saw no one at all.

“JUNG TAE!” I began I yelled out his name.

“JUNG TAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I ran further and further away from the school.

I need to find him and find my oppa…

“Jung Tae…” I was out of breath, so I stopped and rest for a minute…hey, how did I get here? It was the same park that TaeHyung rescue me…. well, actually I rescue him…but how did I get here?

I look around, it looks creepy when it’s foggy. It do. I’m serious.

I sat on a bench nearby and catch my breath. Man, I need to exercise more…I swear I do…it was just a little run and I’m already tire…

I got up and search some more………………….

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I gave up.

Yea, that’s right. I gave up. Well, because I practically ran for about 20 minutes, yelling his name. But I didn’t find him. Man, don’t you know how exhausting that was? I was about to die…

I went back to school………..as I enter the classroom, I got in trouble and Hyejin was looking at me with those ‘I-can’t-believe-you’ look. She’s weird today….but I also wonder why So Hee wasn’t so talkative today…she’s weird too…
But I ignore them look and did my work.

Lunch came, me and Hyejin sat on our usual table.
It was quiet…

But all of a sudden…

“HAN BYUL! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!?” Hyejin yelled at me.

“Do what? Oh that?” I asked.

“Yea?! Why did you do it?”

“I was looking for Jung Tae so I left. What’s wrong? I skip for just a little whi---“

“No! I meant, why did you beat up 5 guys in the school?! And I need explanations right now.” She cross her arm and looks at me.But Sungwoo just sat there, eating his food.

“What are you talking about? I wasn’t even in the school this morning.” I told her.

Hyejin, “You WAS in the school this morning.”

“Of course I was. But I le---“ I stopped….I beat up 5 guys? But it wasn’t me….so that must mean….was it oppa?….(Gasp) then what about TaeHyung?

“You left and change into a guy just to beat up 5 guys? Han Byul, I can’t believe you, they all were hurt and they’ve gone to the hospital right now. How could you be so cruel?” Hyejin kept on yapping and yapping.

But I was lost in thought.

Was he here to find TaeHyung? Omg…everything’s so crazy…just kill me right now…

“Hyejin! Stop! That wasn’t me!” I shouted.

I look over at Juwon but he was just eating his food.

“Does everyone know?” I asked lowly.

“Of course everyone knows! It’s spread everywhere.”

Sungwoo seems to be lost in thought too.

I sigh, “Hyejin…that was Yun Jae…” I told her calmly.

“Do you know how much you-----what? Yun Jae? Your twin---(gasp) omfg….you’re joking right?” Hyejin asked.

“Do I look like I can sent 5 friggin guy to the hospital?” I asked annoy.

“Well, I can just beat the crap out of them but never have I EVER sent anyone to the hospital.” I admit. I know, I know, I’m not strong.

“THAT MUST BE HIM THEN!” Sungwoo shouted, catching everyone’s attention.

“QUIT STARING!” I yelled at the people. Then the people went back to their conversation.

“Hyejin…tell me what happen. Why did he beat them up?” I asked.

Hyejin shrugged, “I heard they said that he was asking for someone. Then the guy said he didn’t know where the person is then your twin got angry then he punch the hell out of the guys. Gee, I thought he was you.” Hyejin told me.

Was he looking for TaeHyung?

“Han Byul, your brother was here!! We have to tell your parents!” Sungwoo said.

“No. Don’t tell them.” I said.

“Huh? Why?” Both Sungwoo and Hyejin ask, confuse.

“I don’t know. Just don’t tell it to them just yet…and wait. Did anything happen to TaeHyung?” I asked.

Hyejin looked confuse, then shook her head.

Good…

What should I do now? God I need some air..

“You guys…I’m need some air…I’ll be back.” I left them there staring at me.



-Roof-

I look at the city…

“Han Byul.”

Who said that?

I turned around.

JUNG TAE!

“Jung Tae! I was looking all over for you!” I smiled happily.

“Han Byul…did you hear what happen this morning?” He asked me.

“Um…yea.”

“Yun Jae…He…was looking for you.”