ch.23

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

Dec. 25, 2005

Han Byul opened her presents and her eyes widen. "Another cell phone? ut mom, i already have a cell phone."

"We've seen the bill and you didn't even use it. so we bought you a new-er one." My mom told.

"I don't need a new one."

Han Byul mom ignored me and hand Hyejin a box, with beautiful decorations on it. Hyejin bow then took the present, she slowly opens it and widen her eyes, "A-a c-cell phone?" she asked, shock.

"Yep. Oh here Sungwoo dear." My mom handed him a box with the same decoration that Hyejin had.
Sungwoo quickly opened it and it was a cell phone.

Han Byul's parents smiled at each other, "We both just thought, in case you guys are in danger, just contact each other." Han Byul’s mom told them three.

"But MOM...I already have one." Han Byul whined.

"Oh well, throw that one away then. And use the new one." The mom commanded.

"Sheesh...just because we're rich doesn't mean we have to act rich...what a waste of money." Han Byul mumble.

"What was that dear?" the dad asked.

"OH NOTHING^^. THANKYOU for the presents. Now go to your next business or you both will be late and I don't want that." Han Byul practically push them.

"Alright then." The dad said then left.

"Ok but Han Byul, do NOT go out in the dark and always comes back before 9 p.m. You got that?" The mom asked.

"Yes mom. I know. I know. I won't let you down^^." Han Byul understood but in her mind says, 'Who gives a crap about that, you don't even know so I can do ANYTHING I want^^.'

"Alright then. Bye Honey, bye Hyejin sweetie and bye Sungwoo dear." she waved then left.
............................
......................................
...........................

Their car left.

"DaMN HAN BYUL! You're parents is sooOOo KOOL!" Sungwoo exclaimed.

"Whatever." Han Byul roll her eyes.

Han Byul looks at Hyejin and notice the sadness on Hyejin's face.

"Hey. Hyejin, you ok?" Han Byul asked, looking closely at Hyejin.

"I don't know...It's just that...I can't spend Christmas with...my family." Hyejin's eyes was tears.

"Aw Hyejin don't cry. Well, do you WANT to spend it with your family? We could go there if that makes you feel better."

Hyejin shook her head.

"?...Why?" Han Byul asked.

"My..sister...she doesn't want to see me."

Han Byul close her eyes, frustrated, "Hyejin...*Breathes in then out*...Don't think about her feelings, think about you first. If you really wanna spend your time with your family then do it, nothing's gonna stop you...unless you want it to stop you..."

"Hyejin, my lovable friend!!! I SHALL HELP YOU AT ANY COST!" Sungwoo hugs Hyejin and fake a cry.

"Sungwoo, this is no time to joke." Han Byul told him.

"I'm forreal....*Facing Hyejin*...I'll help you no matter what." his voice was serious and caring.

Hyejin's tear fell, Sungwoo wipe her tears with his thumb.

"Let's go." Sungwoo said.

Hyejin smiled and nodded.

'Sungwoo, you're finally useful...for once..' Han Byul thought.





The three of them were in front of Hyejin's house right now. 'Wow her house looks nice.' Han Byul thought.

"Come on Hyejin." Sungwoo held Hyejin's hand and knock on the door.



"Coming!" The three of them heard.


The door opened widely and there stood a lady in her 40s.

'It must be her mother.' Both Sungwoo and Hyejin thought.


The lady eyes widen, "HYEJIN??? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN???" Then the lady looks at Han Byul then to Sungwoo and down to his hand, where Hyejin and Sungwoo held their hands.

The lady smiled warmly, "You must be Hyejin's...boyfriend. Am I correct?"

Hyejin blushed.

"No. We're just friends." Sungwoo answered.

"Come in, Hyejin come in too. Everyone's been worry about you." Hyejin's mom told.

The three of them went inside and sat on the couch.

The lady left somewhere in the house.

Han Byul saw that there was a Christmas tree and presents under them. But, there was only 2 presents.

After some seconds, three people came in the living room. One was a man, a girl in her 20s and the lady. Her family.

"Hyejin honey, you're back." The father was near tears, and held Hyejin's hand.

"Don't leave anymore ok? Your sister told us what you've been through and she was wrong in the beginning." The father began to explain.

"Hey Hyejin..."

Everybody looks at the voice. Her sister.

"...(SIGH)...I'm sorry, ok? I didn't even look at the problems correctly. It's all my fault." Her sister apologizes. Hyejin widen her eyes, she never knew it would be like this...at all. Han Byul and Sungwoo smiled at Hyejin.

"It's...Ok...You didn't know...Hae Young." Hyejin accepted her apologies.

"Hyejin, are you coming back home?" Hae Young asked.

"..."

Both Sungwoo and me stare at Hyejin, ready to hear her answer.


Sungwoo's POV

So ready I could kill someone right now. But i was really hoping she says yes. But she won't be happy without her family. I actually wants her to stay...I didn't know why. Just the thought of her saying 'no' breaks my heart to hear it. But her saying 'yes' will break her heart.

..............


We all sat patiently for her answer, except for me, I want to know so bad.

....................
............................
....................

"I..." Hyejin started.

I look at Hyejin, and she looks at me and smiled.

"I'm gonna live with my friend from now on." She finally answered. My heart never felt so happy since...the last time I saw...her...(a/n: He's not talking about Hyejin.)

"Which one?" Her mom asked.

She pointed to Han Byul and me. I smiled, but...isn't she going to be sad without her family?

"Hyejin..." I started.

She looks at me with questioning look.

"Will...you be happy?" I asked.

She stared at me for a moment...then she smiled and nod.

"Ever since Han Byul welcomed me into the house, I've always been happy." She answered.

That line made me feel so happy, so happy i could die.


The three of us spent the day at Hyejin's house and celebrate the day here. It was fun for everybody. And soon, it was dark, me, Hyejin and Han Byul left and went home.



-Out Of POV-

-MONDAY-


-Han Byul's POV-

I was sleeping in class, until someone started tapping on my shoulder. I swear I will punch that person. Interrupting my beautiful sleep. I look up and saw 12 dozen of red roses, (GASP) so BEAUTIFUL!

"Please...except th-this." It was male's voice, he was stuttering. Awe...how cute.

"S-sorry, it was s'pose to b-be a Christmas present f-for you b-but I was t-too afraid."

AWE...who could resist?>u
I took the roses and smiled at the guy i have never seen. "Thank you so much! I love it=D!"

The guy blush...cutey^^.

The classroom stared at us, but I didn't care, I got roses!

"Here." I grab one of the roses to the boy, "You should have one since you bought all these to me." I handed him a red roses. He turned red...cutey!^^

He slowly took it and thanked me.^^

Awe...cutey^^.

“Ahem, class, we have a new student.” The teacher interrupts all of us. The boy went back to his seat. Huh? He have this class? Oh well.

I look at our new student, a girl. Wow, she looks…BEAUTIFUL…=O!

“Hi, my name’s Sung So Hee.” She introduces herself.

“I hope we can be friends in the future.” She smiled. I could see girls glaring at her but the guys were just staring at her.

Poor girl…

“Hm…Go sits behind Han Byul. Han Byul, please raise your hand.” The teacher told me. I raise my hand and she came towards my way, and then sat behind me.

The teacher starting talking about boring stuff again and telling us to write down the notes on the board. So…Boring……sleepy….sleep---wth? Someone’s poking me.

I look back and the new girl was looking at me, “Can I see you notes? I can’t read what’s on the board.”

UH… “Ok…”

I’ll be nice to her since she’s new, so I copy all the notes and hand it to her.

“Thanks.”

“No prob.”

“Hey…What’s your name?” She asked me.

“…Um. Han Byul.”
“Hi. I’m So Hee.”

“I…know that.” This girl is weird.

“Nice to meet you.” She smiled at me.

Oooh. So she wants to be friend with me?

“Uhhuh. Nice to meet you.” I smiled at her then turned back around.

“Han Byul. Did you get the note?” Hyejin asked me.

“Yea but So Hee has it.” I answer her.

“Oh ok then.” Hyejin slowly copy the notes from the board while I fell into a deep slumber…




BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!


“LUNCH! WHOOT!^o^!” Han Byul ran out of class and waited for Hyejin outside the door. Why is she so slow???

The new girl came out before Hyejin and asked me, “Where’s the lunchroom?”

“Oh um. Just come with me. But I’m still waiting for my friend.”

“Oh ok. I can wait too.^^.”

“Ok HAN BYUL! LET’S GO EATTT!=D!” Hyejin exclaimed.

“Ok^^. Come on So Hee.”






All of us got our lunch and went to our usual table where Sungwoo waits for us. But Jung Tae was never there again.

I walked up to Sungwoo, “SUNGWOO! Someone’s joining us today!^^.” Yep, that’s me.

Sungwoo look up confusedly and look behind me…

His confuse look turned into…a sad/shock expression, “S-so Hee…?”

Huh? Sungwoo, My stupid cousin knows this new girl So Hee? How…weird.

I look at So Hee and he expression was shock, “S-Sungwoo…”

Then I look at Hyejin and she looked…sad.

“Han Byul…”

Who called me? I turned around and saw TaeHyung holding a silver box, “I decided not to throw it away and give it to y—“ He stopped and looks at So Hee.

“So Hee…” That name escape from his mouth, and looked shock. Somehow…I felt something wrong with my heart…but I didn’t know what it was.


“TaeHyung…” So Hee looks at him with sad eyes.

Is this the thing Sungwoo’s been hiding from me?


FLASHBACK

The crowd stopped at what they’re doing and looks at us. I look at the crowd once and caught some one I never seen in 5 years…

My cousin, Baek Sungwoo…doing nothing but looks at us in interest. Omg. He’s back in Korea?? And didn’t call me??? What a jerk.

I felt a tug on shirt, then someone angrily life me up, inches up the floor. Damn, Food smasher is strong. I push him away, afraid that he might push me first. He fell back a couple of step, but didn’t fall on the ground. I was free of his strong grip and fell hard on my booty.

Aish.

-Rubs Booty-

I stood back up again, and Shockley, in front of me is my cousin. He turns his head around and smiled at me. Awe…what a cute smile.

“Long time no see…Han Byul.” He recognized me. Even when I’m wearing like this…I’m so impress!

He then turned around and faces Food Smasher.

“So Lee TaeHyung. Nice to see you again.” He said, looking at Food Smasher…oh. So that’s his name…

But wait. How do he know him????

There’s something Sungwoo isn’t telling me and I need to find out…



“Sungwoo you bastard. What the hell are you here?!?” TaeHyung yelled.

“Is there s’pose to be a reason to come back?” Sungwoo ask.

Ooh. Smart mouth.

“Sungwoo, get the i can't read out before I beat the shyt out of you!” One of TaeHyung’s friend step up and face Sungwoo.

“Haven’t seen you too, Juwon.” Sungwoo smiled.
“Shut the i can't read up you i can't read!” The guy by the name Juwon yelled…

Oh hecky no…. no one calls my lovely cousin a …. not even me…

I step in front of Sungwoo and stare right into Juwon in the eyes.

“Don’t you EVER call him a because you’re one yourself.” I said coldly.



END OF FLASHBACK


(a/n: If you don’t remember. Its in chapt.5 and 6 (in the club).)


They all knew each other…

FLASHBACK

(Han Byul and Sungwoo’s conversation.) (Chapter 5.)

“Just tell her who you really are. I’m telling you this because I don’t want you to worry about her finding out that you’re really a ‘girl’ everyday. And if she finds out herself. Who knows what she’s gonna think. Maybe some bad stuff…”

Wow. He has a point. Sometimes, I really think that he has a brain.

“Sungwoo oppa, why are you so worry?” I asked.

“Because I don’t want to see you so trouble every moment. And all this is just for Basketball. I really have a weird cousin.” He shook his head.

I glare at him, “Well, would you sacrifice anything for the thing you wants most?” I asked him.

He looked at me, I swear, I thought I saw a sad expression on his face. But he looks away, and said nothing at all.

I was utterly confused by his action, hm…. something’s definitely wrong here.

“…Are you…still going to tell her?” I knew he wanted to change the subject. He sound so…hurt. Maybe, there’s stuff where you can’t tell it out and aren’t meant to be told. So I answer him, “I will. But just not now.”

END OF FLASHBACK



Somehow…This So Hee…it kinda makes sense…she knew TaeHyung and Sungwoo…and they knew her…
TaeHyung and Sungwoo seems to hate each other before I knows TaeHyung…
Do…they…I get it now…

Love is the answer to everything…they both love her…but the thought of TaeHyung liking her…somehow…I didn’t like it one bit…

TaeHyung likes her…

TaeHyung likes her…

He likes her…

……………..not me….