ch.18

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

“TaeHyung, just forget about her, aight?” Juwon asked.

They both was at the basketball court.

“…”

“Come one TaeHyung, we have a game tonight, let’s practice.”

“…”

Juwon aim the ball real good, and then he shoots.

-Swish-

Juwon looks back at TaeHyung, who went and sat down on the bench.

‘I hope this won’t effect the game tonight.’ Juwon thought.

-After School-

“Where’s that Han Byul???” Hyejin asked Sungwoo.
Sungwoo shrugged and look around.

“OPPA! Are you looking for me?!”
“No! He’s looking for ME!”
“No . HE’S looking for me!”
“Oppa! You’re looking for me right?!”
“SEE! He’s not answering so he’s not looking for you, you ! Now get the away from my baby Sungwoo!”
“Shut up! It’s not your problem, he’s obviously looking for ME!”

“Hyejin, let’s just go. She’ll come home later.” Sungwoo dragged Hyejin home.

“Look at that going with my baby boo!”
“She’s such a !”
“First she stole my Han Byul oppa and now she’s stealing my Sungwoo!”

Hyejin shook her head.
“Ignore them Hyejin.”
Hyejin nod.

------------------------------------------

-At home-

Sungwoo was sitting on the couch, eating popcorn, and watching TV. While Hyejin was on the couch doing her homework.

“Hey Sungwoo, it’s 6 now and Han Byul’s not home yet. Did you know where she went?” Hyejin asked worriedly.
Sungwoo shrugged.
“Oh, by the way, are you going to the basket ball game?” Hyejin asked.
“I don’t know…maybe.”
Hyejin went back to doing her homework.

Out of nowhere, the phone rang.

“GOT IT!” Both of them ran to the phone.

“Ha! I got here first!” Hyejin smiled widely, while Sungwoo curse under his breath and walk back to the couch.

“Hello?” Hyejin answered with happiness.

“…”

“….Um…Hello?”

“Don’t answer if no one’s answering!” Sungwoo yelled.

“Is this Hyejin?” The person on the other line asked.

“…um…yes. How do you know this number?”

“I asked people for it.”

Hyejin as getting uncomfortable, “…Um…Who’s this?” she asked.

“This is TaeHyung.”

“O.O…um. Wh-why are y-you calling m-me>.
“I want to ask you if she came back.”

“N-no. she didn’t. She didn’t come home yet. But I-I’m sure she’ll come back soon.”

“She’s living with you?!”

“…I…uh….well, you see, um, I, uh……..yea…..she’s living with me.” Hyejin answered in defeat.

“Oh….if she comes back. Please tell her to come to the basketball game…I want…to see her there.” He hung up.

“Hello? Hello????” Hyejin look at the phone then at the door.

‘He sound so…sad…’ Hyejin thought.

“Who’s that?” Sungwoo asked.

“Oh…uh…no one.”

“Then why did you talk to the person then?”

“Aish. Stop asking me questions!” Hyejin sat on the couch and started doing her homework.

Every 5 minutes, Hyejin would look at the clock.

“Hyejin, you’re annoying me. What’s got into you? ” Sungwoo asked, wanted to know.

“Sungwoo, what time does the basket ball game starts?” Hyejin asked.

“I think…7 o’clock.”

Hyejin eyes widen.

“That’s…(looks at clock)…20 minutes from now. Ah! I hope Han Byul comes home soon!”

“Why?” Sungwoo asked.

Hyejin didn’t seem to hear Sungwoo, she kept looking at the door and at the clock.

Sungwoo shook his head and continue watching TV.

20 minutes later.

“HAN BYUL!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU???!!!?? ” Hyejin yelled. Sungwoo was taken back by her loud voice.

“God, what is wrong with you today?? ” Sungwoo asked.

“God doesn’t exist in this house and nothing’s wrong with me….except that Han Byul’s not home yet and the game is starting and the fact that she hasn’t even call to tell us that’s she’s not home and I’ve been trying to focus on doing my homework but I just can’t and you’re watching TV so loud I’m really annoy and that---“

.....OK! You’ve proved your point.” Sungwoo turned off the TV.

“…”

“I’ve turned off the TV, you can do your homework peacefully now.” Sungwoo said.






The front door opened and Han Byul came home.

“HAN BYUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU’RE HOMEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Hyejin hugged Han Byul.

“O.o? What’s wrong?” Han Byul asked, confused.

“Bye Han Byul.” A voice behind Han Byul said.

Hyejin looked behind Han Byul.

“You were with HIM all this time?!?” Hyejin pointed at Jung Tae when she said ‘HIM’.

“Yea…what’s wrong?” Han Byul asked again.

“Bye JUNG TAE!” Hyejin slam the door in front of Jung Tae.

“Come to my room. I got to tell you something. Hurry.” Hyejin pulled Han Byul with her.

Sungwoo shook his head, “Girls…tsk.tsk.tsk.”


“Han Byul! Are you going to the basket ball game???? RIGHT NOW!?!”

“…”

“HAN BYUL! YOU HAVE TO GOOOOO!”

“Why?” Han Byul, her voice was low and you could tell there a hint of sadness in it.

“Because TaeHyung called and he said he wanted to see you there >.
“I…don’t want to…” Han Byul left and went to her room.

Hyejin was a little annoyed. She didn’t know why…but she just don’t like the Jung Tae guy. Something about him bothers her.

------------------------------------------

Han Byul sat on her bed and thought what Hyejin said.

“Because TaeHyung called and he said he wanted to see you there >.
‘He wanted…to see…me?’ Han Byul thought.

“But…why?”

‘The game ends at 10 p.m …….should I go?……………..
……………………………………………………………………………
of course not…..I have Jung Tae already…’ Han Byul did her homework, but every once in 10 minutes she would look at the clock. She would get nervous more and more.

‘Stop it Han Byul, you have homework to do now.’ Han Byul tried hard to concentrate but the game kept on popping on her mind.

‘When did the first Korean War begin and end???? WHEN? WHEN?????…….’ Han Byul looks at the clock again.

‘FIRST WAR…FIRST WAR…….I KNOW THE ANSWER!……..wait…..I forgot…..…I can’t think anymore……’ Han Byul looks at the clock.

‘STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!!!!’

‘Maybe I should go to sleep=D!’ Han Byul thought and put on her pj, then slept on her bed.

2 hours later.

Yawn ‘Is it morning already?’ Han Byul rubs her right eye. Then looks at the clock O_O…..…..

‘Just sleep more….yea….sleep more…..’

But this time, she couldn’t sleep at all. It went on and on, Han Byul tried hard to sleep but always end up cursing herself, then tried to sleep again. On and on….

“HAN BYUL!!!! YOU !!!” Han Byul heard Hyejin yelling at her.

‘I…do huh?’

Han Byul looks at the clock.

10:30.

Something felt wrong. Something was telling her to go and see him...her heart........but her head told her that she have Jung Tae now. He came back, she should be happy.

The next thing she knew, she was running down stair and quickly puts on her shoes and left.

"HAN BYUL! Where are you going?!?"

Han Byul could hear Sungwoo calling out to her but she didn't care, she wanted to....see....him.....

Han Byul ran and ran, not stopping for a breath, Han Byul kept on running until she was there.

'TaeHyung.....where are you?'

Han Byul finally stopped in front of the place. It was pitch dark, then she heard someone yelling from behind the building.


'Who's...that?' Han Byul, being the nosy one, walked slowly to where the voice is.

She turned around the corner and saw two figures, one was sitting, leaning against the wall, looking at the ground, while the other one stood up, a tall guy....who was yelling at the person who's sitting down.

'That voice...sounds so familiar.....' Han Byul got closer to the two person.

Then she, now, got a good view of the two person is......

"SHE'S NOT COMING SO JUST GO HOME!"

'That's...Juwon and that's.........'

"TAEHYUNG! LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING DAMMIT!"

"I'm sorry we almost lost...." TaeHyung apologized, didn't even look up once.

"It's ok...at least we won, ok?... and we all know Yung soo will get us back and we don’t need to worry about it….right now I’m worrying is you……now go home or you'll get sick." Juwon demanded.

"No...I have to...wait...for Han...Byul..."



Han Byul's vision became blurry, not because she's going to faint but because she was crying...

'TaeHyung...'

She didn't want to go, but her foot was moving towards them. She wanted to stop and turned back, but her hearts says no. She tried to stop crying but the tears disobey.


"TaeHyung..."


Both Juwon and TaeHyung turned their heads and looked at her.

A smile appeared on TaeHyung's lips.

"I knew you'd come..."

Juwon shook his head and left the two alone.

"You're pathetic, why didn't you go home?” Han Byul asked through tears.

“I was waiting for you……and also…I’m not the pathetic one…you are.” TaeHyung stood in front of her.

“You’re crying…” He smiled.

“That’s because I want to, got a problem with it?” Han Byul tried her best to say it coolly but she sounds a lot worst.

“No…I don’t….” TaeHyung smiled again and wiped her tears with his thumb.