ch.40

Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover

“Baek people don’t give up.”


Sungwoo’s right…we don’t give up…


“Baek people is not weaklings either…”

We’re not…and I don’t want to be one.

I guess I was too busy thinking to even notice anything because when I look outside. It was already dark.

R-r-ring

Huh?

Oh.

“Hello?”
“Han Byul? Hey you punk, where are you? It’s 9 already.”

“Oh…I didn’t know…I’ll be home in a couple of minutes.” I told her in a dead tone.

“Uh…Han Byul…you ok?” Hyejin asked me.

“…yea.”

“Oh ok then, just be hom---Sungwoo! Stop that!”

“Please Hyejin?” I can hear Sungwoo’s voice in the back.

“NO! Make your own!” Hyejin yelled.

I shook my head at the two.

“Oh! Han Byul! I gtg now. Come home quick!” –Click-

I stared at my cell phone for some seconds, and then headed out the door.



..

.


..

.


.

..

I was walking down the street.



..



“Baek people is not weaklings either…”

Of course we’re not…who said we are?



..

.

.

..

I held my head up high and walked home.



..



I opened the front door.

And as soon as I enter, I heard booming noise shouting at each other back and forth. - _ -

Guess who…

Yeap. You’re right. Sungwoo and Hyejin.

“You so stupid you took a shower without water!” Hyejin yelled.

“What?! You so stupid you sat on the TV and watch the couch!” Sungwoo yelled back.

“Nu uh! You so stupid you took pictures without films!” Hyejin screamed.



“You so fat when the bus hit you, you said, ‘Kids, stop throwing rocks!’” Sungwoo made a high pitch voice.

“You so fat when you develops pictures you tried to put it in frames it won’t fit!” Hyejin yelled.

I gotta laugh at this.

“You so dark, when you attends night school, they mark you as absent!” Sungwoo yelled.

Boy, they had made my day. I forgot all about TaeHyung.

“Not Uh! You so dark, you jump, everybody thought it was darkness fall!” Hyejin yelled louder then Sungwoo.

“You so fat, they thought you was big foot!” Sungwoo yelled even louder then Hyejin.

Boy, they never run out of ideas huh?

“You so skinny you fit in a cheerios hole!” Hyejin yelled louder then Sungwoo.

I covered my ears, but their voice kept finding its way into my precious ears. T_T…

“You so skinny, you…won the skinny competition!” Sungwoo thought of something.

HAHA! That was a lame one…- _ -

“You so ugly, everybody thought it was Halloween!” Hyejin yelled out.

Wow. All these harsh words towards each other about…



“What?! Well…. You so black, you blend in Africa!” Sungwoo yelled back.

Hyejin was speechless for a few seconds…

“Well, you so white, when you jump off the sky, everybody thought it was snowflake!” Hyejin yelled.

Oh. Got you there Sungwoo boy.

“You so white, everybody thought you was a snowman, I mean, snowwoman!” Sungwoo yelled.

-o-

“Well! You so white, when I saw YOU, I went blind!”

“You….you……so….white you…you…” Sungwoo seems lost in words.

“Ha! Now shut up and go make food now!” Hyejin smiled widely.

All that mean comments….just for FOOD?!?

“Oh! Han Byul! You’re home already?! I didn’t see you!” Hyejin clap her hands.

“You were too busy eating each other’s head off to even notice me coming home 10 minutes ago. ” I said.

“Oh sorry Han Byul! By the way, Sungwoo’s cooking tonight!^^!” Hyejin said happily.

“I notice.” I told her.

“Oh ok then^^!”



R-ring….

R-ring…………..

Hyejin quickly picks up the home phone.

“Hello ^O^….Oh…who’s this O.o?….Mr. Choi O.o?….A doctor?…The hospital O.O???…Han Byul????….Oh yes, yes….she’s here…Han Byul!”

I went to the phone.

“Hello?”

“This is Mr. Choi, Mrs. Chun’s doctor.”

Jung Tae’s mom?

“Oh yes? Is there anything wrong?” I ask, with fear all over me.

“Don’t worry. She’s fine now. We just need someone to come and pick her up. No one picked up her house phone so decided to contact you.”

“I’ll be right over.”

-Click-

“Han Byul TTOTT! Why is the hospital calling you?! Do you have cancer like that actress in the drama “Autumn Love!?” Please say no! TT^TT!” Hyejin cried.

I started laughing…like an idiot.

And nodded.

“NO HAN BYUL! YOU CAN’T LEAVE ME!” Hyejin started punching me.

“Ow! I was just kidding! Sheesh! It was for Jung Tae’s mom. She’s good and set. So I have to go and pick her up.” I told her.

Hyejin’s face --> TTOTT TT^TT…O.O….-///-

“Stupid Han Byul…always—“ She mumble, walking away, then turned back around.

“Keep talking and I’ll dare Sungwoo to do something very BAD.” I blackmail Hyejin, who stopped immediately. ~Kekeke~

“You don’t have a car.” Hyejin said quickly.

“There’s a thing call Taxi.” I told her.

“Oh! Right^^. Want me to come with you?!” Hyejin ask. Being nice now ey? –lalala- feel so powerful.

“Ok!” I answer^^.

“Sungwoo! We’ll be right back ^O^!” Hyejin yelled, then out we go.


…..





”TAXI!” Hyejin waved at the taxi driving towards our direction.

The taxi stops in front of us, “Come on ^O^!” Hyejin grabbed me and pulled me into he car.

“To the hospital please! ^O^!” Hyejin exclaimed.

“Hyejin…why are you so happy?” I ask.

“I don’t know ^O^!”

….one word to explain how Hyejin is right now………..weird…


“Here we are miss.”

“Oh Ahjusshi ( I don’t know how to spell it But you get my drift.^^). Can you wait here for 5 minutes? We’ll come back with someone. We’ll double the money.”

“Why sure, sure.” The man said happily, “Take your time^^.”

…he just want more money.

“Go Han Byul.” Hyejin push me.

Oh yeah. I forgot^^

I ran inside the hospital. Went to the office of Mr. Choi, fill out some paper. Then took Mrs. Chun (Jung Tae’s mom) with me.

“I hope it’s not a problem, Han Byul dear.”

“Oh no. It’s no at all.”

“I don’t know why Jung Tae isn’t here to pick me up^^. I guess he’s not home.”

“Oh, you can come over to my house. I’ll call Jung Tae later^^.” I suggest.

“That’ll be wonderful, honey.”

Hyejin was already in the car, waiting for us. Guess she couldn’t wait for Sungwoo’s so call FOOD.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



“You can sleep here tonight Mrs. Chun.^^. But first, let’s go eat dinner^^. Sungwoo’s cooking tonight….I hope he doesn’t poison us.” I mumble the last part.

-While eating-

This is actually good^^ But…about what I saw…a while ago……

“I’m impress Sungwoo.” I said, eating.

After dinner, Sungwoo offer to wash the dishes.

“Such nice boy. If I just had a daughter.” Mrs. Chun smiled.

Stupid Sungwoo is such show off. *roll eyes*


“Mrs. Chun, you can go rest. It’s been a long day for you.^^.”

Mrs. Chun smiled and nodded.

She left upstairs to the room where I just showed her.

Now…all I have to do now is to find Jung Tae…again….


*FLASHBACK*

We were riding back home, with me staring out the window and Hyejin and Mrs. Chun talking away happily.

I froze…is that Jung Tae…. and…. Oppa?

The time seemed to be moving slowly for me as our car pass them…

I was seeing them bashing some…stranger…. a big parking lot. Jung Tae and Oppa with a lot of people…they were wearing black while the other group was wearing white…

…. I wanted to stop the car right away…but Mrs. Chun is right here…next to me. I can’t let her know what Jung Tae’s been doing…

And we went pass them…

*END OF FLASHBACK*



I gotta find them…

And I gotta stop them…I don’t want them hurt….

“Sungwoo and Hyejin. I’m gonna go and walk around the block.” I said in a normal voice, although I wanted to run out as fast as I could. I didn’t want them to be suspicious about anything.

“Sure. Be back then.” Hyejin said.

I went out the door. As I was out the door, I ran back to the parking lot.