Chapter 42

Putting Us Back Together

A:N/ Wah I'm sorry this is going up so late, I didn't even notice what the time was. Sorry!

- -

Yunho sighed, as he followed Mrs Park into the bedroom. They were deep within the house; no one would know they were there, for which he was grateful. The last thing he needed to worry about right now was getting caught; by anyone.

 

It'd shatter his heart entirely if Jaejoong were to see what Yunho allowed to happen to him. What Yunho took part in, for so many years now. He didn't even bother telling himself this was against his will, anymore. He couldn't bare the thought of Jaejoong seeing him like that. So dirty; so hollow. He may have had noble intentions, when he first acquiesced, but he'd agreed to do something he didn't want Jaejoong to see; to know about.

 

The other boy, didn't need to know that emotionless really could and did exist.

 

But, as it happened, Hiyeon was seemingly not interested in having ; or at least, not right at this moment. She turned an appraising eye on him, as he shut the door of the room behind him. He wasn't sure whether he was relieved or irritated by the thought of leaving Jaejoong in order to talk to this woman.

 

“So that's Jaejoong?” she began, tone stating that she didn't seem particularly interested in any response Yunho might have had for her. He wasn't sure whether she intended it to be a statement or a question. Still, he responded, “Yes it is.”

 

Hiyeon huffed slightly, glancing at her fingers, as though checking to make sure there was nothing caught beneath her nails, “I hadn't been sure when we were at the club which of the boys it was. I will admit, of the two of them, he is, prettier, in an effeminate sort of way, but I still would have thought you'd have better taste. You chose me after all.”

 

“I didn't choose you. You chose me.” Yunho responded simply, eyes narrowing. He didn't need to come here to be insulted, he got more than enough of that from his mother. Besides, it was his opinion that counted, and he thought Jaejoong looked fine. So what if he had a slight build? What did that matter? If anything, it made him more attractive, not less, like everyone seemed to think it should.

 

Hiyeon waved Yunho's comment off, clearly considering it to be insignificant. “Details, details.”

 

“If you weren't even sure who Jaejoong was before this evening, how could you have orchestrated our little relationship as you claim?” he demanded. Mrs Park may have demanded his compliance, but she'd never included his silence as a part of that. She'd told him once that the was better when she let him get all aggravated first; she'd like the fact that he wanted answers from her; that he was talking to her. Their conversations, always made him irritated.

 

She rolled her eyes, “Simple. I'm the one that sent him careening into your apartment. The moment the two of you were living together; you were guaranteed to give your mother a story about the two of you sooner or later. I just had to wait.”

 

“How? You didn't even know him?” Yunho argued, he hated when she said things were simple. There were gaps in her story; how in the hell could an incomplete story be simple to understand?

 

“Yoochun.” she hissed, impatiently, “My son. That Jaejoong boy was always over here, when you were a teenager, I heard all about it from your mother. She'd been convinced he was infatuated with you. So when he stopped coming by, I told my little Yoochun to seek him out; to make friends with him. I even got them to move in together, just so I'd be able to use him when the time was right. Which, I did.” she explained, proudly.

 

Yunho told himself to ignore the fact that her son was his age. That a boy in his class; the boy Jaejoong had been living with; that he'd argued with at the university, was her son. He really didn't want to consider that idea right now; if ever. “Why?” he had to question. Why had this woman insisted on going through so much effort and scheming to be able to provide him with his ex-best friend living in his apartment. Surely, if anything she should have been more concerned about putting the two of them together again.

 

“That Seohyun...she was getting far too comfortable for her own good... She found out your address.. she was going by to see you all the time... Once that started, everyone could tell you were going to crack under the pressure...You'd marry the stupid girl, go off, have a family... I wasn't about to let that happen.” she stated, bitterly. She turned big puppy eyes on him, “Why have you never given me your address?”

 

“Because I don't give out my address.” Yunho stated simply; he wasn't going to budge. He knew she wouldn't push him for it. She didn't really care; she had already gotten what she wanted from him. Why would she need his address in that case? Besides, if he gave it to her, he'd have to move in a month's time, which would be very inconvenient.

 

“How did you know Seohyun got a boyfriend?” he questioned, lightly, intrigued by the notion of her having heard that gossip. “Again, Yoochun. That boy has been besotted with that stupid girl for years. But she only had eyes for you. After Jaejoong tore her apart in that little squabble of theirs, she went to him, looking for solace, and apparently found love instead.” she answered, but something told Yunho she was less than pleased by the possible prospect of Seohyun becoming her future daughter in law.

 

“Now...what was with those looks you were giving Jaejoong at dinner?” she demanded, her tone sounding brittle; she was angry about these looks, but she was giving him a chance to explain himself. Unfortunately, Yunho had no idea what she was talking about. “Looks?” he queried, stupidly.

 

She rolled her eyes at his idiotic behaviour, “Yes looks. Don't think I didn't catch it. The way you would watch him. You were smiling at him.” she stated.

 

“He's supposed to be my boyfriend. Of course I'd look at him.” Yunho reasoned, not sure where Hiyeon was going with this.

 

She was so much easier to deal with when she just wanted from him.

 

“Not like you were looking at him. I remember when my ex-husband used to give me those looks; the besotted old fool. Is that what this is? Are you in love with that...that... thing?” she demanded, pure jealousy and outrage written across her face.

 

“His name is Jaejoong, and I don't think it matters one way or the other, what my answer is. There has never been any love between you and I, and you of all people should know that.” Yunho mildly replied, arms crossing in his defiance.

 

“How dare you. You wouldn't dare speak to me like that if we were a real family.” Hiyeon stated, her cheeks flushing as her anger only increased as their conversation dragged on.

 

“What, don't like how this whole thing started? Then maybe you shouldn't have done what you did. That origin can't be unwritten, and as a result of it, there are no circumstances under which we would ever become a family, do you hear me?” Yunho retorted angrily.

 

“Is that so? I would've thought you of all people, would've wanted a legacy of being a devoted father. How could you abandon your son?” Hiyeon demanded, angrily.

 

“What son, what are you talking about? I'm no one's father.” Yunho bit back.

 

“Are you really that stupid. I'm pregnant, you idiot, and you're the father.” Hiyeon retorted, snidely adding, “Are you really going to try and tell me now, that you don't care about your son? You're just going to walk out of his life?”

 

Yunho's face flushed, Hiyeon's words bringing a tiny jolt of fear. She'd been so loud, and she'd made sure to enunciate every single syllable; what if everyone had overheard her lies? “I am not.” he grumbled back.

 

“You are too, and I won't let you leave your son.” Hiyeon stated, childishly. “What son? There's no way you can know the of the baby yet, and that's if you are even pregnant at all. Either way, it's no child of mine.” Yunho stated, getting annoyed at her attempts to bully him.

 

“I can feel it's a boy. Mother's intuition. And it is yours.” she stated petulantly. She looked as though she was a few seconds away from stomping her feet, like a two year old chucking a tantrum.

 

“Not possible.” Yunho retorted, coolly indifferent. “I have never had unprotected with you in my life.”

 

Hiyeon's cheeks paled considerably at that comment. Had she really never noticed it before?

 

Yunho shook his head at her, deciding it was probably as good a time as any to leave, if she wasn't going to demand anything from him. So far, this entire conversation had been voluntary. Unless she told him to fulfil his duties, he didn't have to stay there.

 

“Where do you think you're going? I never said you could leave.” she spat, hotly. Yunho pondered giving her a retort that he could leave whenever he wished, if she wasn't demanding his services, but one look at her told him that she was about to.

 

He was all riled up, as was she. This was a perfect opportunity for her favourite kind of . There was no way she'd let him just walk out of there. He sighed slightly, as she pulled him closer. Hoping that Jaejoong would still be there waiting for him, when he had finished.