Chapter 31

Putting Us Back Together

A:N/ Sorry it's such a short update... I'm posting this the second I got home, and I've got to finish the presenation I'm going to give tomorrow...wish me good luck! Enjoy the chapter!

- -

Jaejoong wasn't exactly certain he knew what was going to happen between him and Yunho after the university semester finished.

 

He knew that Yunho suggested they go on a holiday out of nowhere. It had been really unexpected, but for a few days afterwards Yunho hadn't bothered to mention the matter again, so he had no idea whether or not the younger man had been serious about the whole trip.

 

He honestly wouldn't have minded if it had just been an idea; a fantasy that they'd been building. He was young; they both were. They still had years before them when they could go on a holiday. But he was concerned that perhaps Yunho hadn't been joking about it. He'd need to notify his family that he'd be going away. The sooner the better.

 

Deciding that he should probably ask the younger man since he was concerned about the matter, he looked up. He'd been at a table in the library, he'd finally been bothered to pick up the books he'd need for that Chinese History essay, today, having handed in his maths assignment. Now he was doing some Chemistry homework, not wanting to try carrying the stack of books around until he absolutely had to, knowing they'd be heavy. Yunho had joined him about 15 minutes earlier, and was now staring at his phone intensely.

 

“Hey, Yunnie?” He questioned, more worried that the younger man would be annoyed with him for breaking his concentration, than that the other students would yell, or that a librarian would kick him out. All the same, he'd spoken as softly as he could, while still being sure that Yunho would hear him.

 

The younger man's gaze flicked to him only momentarily, as he made a grumbling noise to let the other boy know that he could continue speaking; that Yunho was listening to him. He guessed trying to formulate words at the moment, was perceived as having the potential to cost him his victory. “About that holiday...are we actually, you know, going to do it?” he continued, awkwardly.

 

His question must have caught Yunho off guard, because he looked up immediately, almost seeming alarmed, but he seemed to realise a second afterwards that he hadn't paused his game and looked down at it in shock. He groaned in annoyance, and he could only guess that Yunho had lost, so he sent his most sheepish look, in the hopes it'd prevent Yunho from killing him. He was reasonably certain that Yunho had been planning on yelling or cussing at him, but one look at Jaejoong, and all he did was sigh, resting both elbows on the table and clasping his chin between his hands. “As far as I knew we were. You....didn't change your mind about wanting to go, did you?”

 

“What? Oh no, no! I just, wasn't sure if you were serious or not. I wanted to know if I should let my family know we're going away, when exams finish. But I didn't want to tell them that until I knew, you know? I would've looked so stupid, not to mention how disappointed I'd be feeling.” Jaejoong explained, worried that he'd given Yunho the wrong impression.

 

Yunho sighed relieved, “I'm glad. I've already sorted out our bookings. I would've been really embarrassed if you didn't want to go.” he confessed.

 

Jaejoong shot his friend a disbelieving look, “Already? Where did you get the money for all of that?” Yunho eyed his friend amused, “Didn't your mother ever tell you it's rude to ask questions when your friend gives you an all expenses paid holiday?” Jaejoong waved his friend off, “Not true. She'd tell me not to be naive; nobody gives out free holidays, she'd insist I find the fine print immediately. What's the catch?”

 

Yunho shook his head, “No catch. I've paid, with my own money. It's not a loan, and we're not going for any reason other than to have a good time.” Jaejoong still looked unsure, “Are you sure there isn't anything I can give towards the trip?” Yunho shook his head vigorously, “Just your presence and your promise to tell people how wonderfully I treat you as my boyfriend.”

 

Jaejoong gave his friend a reproachful look, “A good boyfriend? You're lazy; I'm expected to cook for you, clean up your stuff, do your washing, everything. You are always running late, and you make me late as well, because I wait for you. Then you slack off all the time and get nothing but rewards and praise from those around you for all the hard work you put in. You .” But by the time he finished his rant, he was already smiling.

 

Who was he kidding? He'd tell people whatever Yunho wanted him to say, if it meant he got to claim he was lucky enough to be Yunho's boyfriend.