Chapter 36

Putting Us Back Together

Yunho would have preferred to try staying at the bar for the rest of the evening if he could. So what if he had Jaejoong's drink, it'd serve him right for being so nice to that Junsu kid. Why did Jaejoong have to tell him that he was attracted to younger guys? Junsu was clearly much younger than them, who knew how many years were between them. And then the way Jaejoong was always playing with him, and getting worked up about the things he said. How could Jaejoong get interested in another guy on their holiday?

 

He recalled that Junsu kid commenting about needing to go to the bathroom, earlier. He hoped that he was in excruciating agony right now; unable to go for the last 20 minutes. That sort of suffering seemed a small consolation for stealing the love of Yunho's life, but it was all he had at the moment. It was only then that the horrified thought occurred to him that maybe he might leave Jaejoong alone in order to go to the bathroom, as he wished.

 

What if he'd left Jaejoong all alone? No one would have allowed such a pretty guy to be by themselves for long. What if some random stranger had tried cracking onto Jaejoong, and Yunho wasn't there to look out for him. They could have dragged him out into an alleyway by now, and be having their wicked way with him as he stood there, crying out for Yunho to protect him. Worse still, what if it was that Junsu guy that did it. What if he'd just been waiting for the moment when Yunho left Jaejoong alone with him, and he swindled him into leaving together.

 

Unable to handle the images that were dancing before his eyes, he turned away from the bar, drinks firmly in his grasp and goofy grin plastered to his lips, ready to apologise with some lie about a long wait at the bar, or having dropped them on his way over and having to buy more. Whatever he could come up with when he reached the boys.

 

His heartbeat slowed to see both Junsu and Jaejoong where he'd last left them both. His steps slowed, as he tried to relax himself. He knew that Junsu guy was more attentive than Jaejoong was; he'd know in a second the things that Yunho had been suspecting. He could just picture the knowing grin, as he .

 

But that momentary relief quickly disappeared, as a wave of fear washed over him once again. He felt his blood run cold as he spied a third occupant of their space, who they were conversing with. From this distance it looked as though the conversation were friendly enough, but he could almost feel the discomfort rolling off of the two boys.

 

He couldn't blame them. He had to will that smile to stay perched atop his lips, and force his legs to move closer. This wasn't fair. He'd had a hard enough time trying to keep Jaejoong to himself throughout the day with that Junsu guy around. Not that the guy wasn't nice enough or anything. But now this too?

 

“Hey guys, sorry I took so long. Who's your friend?” he questioned, knowing even as he said it, there wasn't a single person in the group who had through the term was accurate. “Oh Yunho.” Jaejoong exclaimed, sounding relieved. His tone could have brought a besotted smile to his lips in any other circumstances; he loved the feeling that Jaejoong needed him. Wanted him around, especially after having to fight for his attention so badly today.

 

“Hiyeon.” the woman answered simply, that same polite smile he recalled, perched atop her lips. Everyone else thought she looked so innocent when she wore that smile, but Yunho hated it. It was that look that told him he'd be in big trouble when they were alone. When it was just the two of them, he'd never seen her use that smile; not once.

 

He'd never heard her first name before. He couldn't be sure if that was the truth or a lie, not with that same smile gracing her features.

 

He could feel the restlessness of the two boys, more so than see it. As much as he'd loathed sharing Jaejoong with Junsu earlier in the day, the other boy was definitely the lesser of all evils. He was still not 100% convinced that the younger male wasn't interested in his Jae, but he knew under the circumstances, he didn't have any choice other than to trust him. He'd never wanted Jae to meet Mrs Park. He'd wanted to keep the two from ever encountering one another.

 

He'd definitely prefer to leave Jaejoong in Junsu's company than Mrs Park's.

 

Who knew what she might do, now that she knew who he was?

 

The conversation lulled, both of the other boys, who had clearly been trying to stall for Yunho's arrival, and he wondered how long he'd abandoned them for. How long had she been there with them? How much seemingly trivial information had they given her, to try and keep things from getting uncomfortable?

 

“You guys were just about to go to the bathroom, weren't you?” he suggested, eyes imploring the two boys to jump on his excuse. Both boys gave furtive nods, and garbled excuses Hiyeon both couldn't hear, nor cared to, as they made their departure. Yunho didn't fail to miss the grateful, but anxious glances the two boys sent him as they made their way through the throng of people towards the bathrooms.

 

He felt relieved knowing that Junsu and Jaejoong would be together. Despite his earlier jealousy of the kid, and his concerns that he might have designs to steal Jaejoong away, he had gotten to know him during the day. He seemed like a nice enough guy; he might even have been able to be friends with him if he weren't so jealous of him.

 

Now he was left alone with the she-devil herself.

 

“What did you think you were doing?” he demanded, unable to keep his anger to himself. This was an escape for Jaejoong and himself. He'd felt them slipping apart all because of her obsession with him, and here she was intruding. This was their alone time. This was him attempting to reassure Jaejoong he was there for him. She had no right to ruin things for them here as well. Wasn't it enough that she ruined any chance of him ever getting to keep Jaejoong to himself, now she was trying to rub his nose in their relationship.

 

He didn't want Jaejoong to meet her, because he didn't want to acknowledge that he was in a relationship with her. Jaejoong was the only person he wanted to be with, and he couldn't even have their close friendship at this rate. Mrs Park seemed determined to destroy any relationship Yunho tried to have with the older boy.

 

Hiyeon ignored his question. “Hmm, so I just met the infamous Jaejoong. What a shame. I'm still not even sure which of those two boys it was. Oh well, no matter. Neither of them was particularly interesting.” she commented, sounding completely disinterested.

 

“Keep it that way. I want you to leave Jaejoong alone.” Yunho told her, his hands forming fists, not knowing what else he could possibly say. He just knew he had to tell her to leave him alone, and yet ordering her about would only aggravate her. If he did that, her purposefully doing the opposite of whatever he asked would be the least of his problems. Who knew what else she might do to him, in order to punish Yunho for his disobedience.

 

He had to remember he was doing this for Changmin.

 

Her gaze flickered slightly as it travelled up and down his form. “I want a lover. We both had what we wanted, until you decided to run off on a whim.” she informed him despondently.

 

“I think you need to make this up to me. Then, if you promise not to do something like this again, I'm prepared to grant your wish.” she informed him, sighing. Yunho gulped, knowing that this whole idea had been pointless right from the start. He'd come here wanting to give himself a taste of what life with Jaejoong would be like. Instead this would only drive that wedge between them even deeper than it already was. But he didn't have any choice.

 

He nodded, pulling his phone out to send Jaejoong an apologetic text, informing him that he needed to go do something, telling him he'd see him later, and as much as it stung to add it on, asking him to get Junsu to him back to the hotel. He closed his phone, giving Hiyeon a resigned nod. She smiled, drawing him close for a kiss, but it hurt him so much to respond, that he couldn't make his lips move as she kissed him.

 

All he could see was the image of Jaejoong seeing them through the crowd. Of the betrayal that would be written across his face. Who knew what he might think that whole conversation had been about. The image was enough to make his stomach ache painfully. But that ache was only compounded when it was coupled with the thought of him seeking comfort in another man's arms.

 

It was inevitable, he knew, but now it seemed more apt to occur than ever before. Jaejoong was finally going to catch him with this secret “girlfriend” of his.

 

Hiyeon aka Mrs Park rose from her seat, sending Yunho a warning glance as she moved to leave the club, Yunho despondently trailing after her.