Chapter 32

Putting Us Back Together

A:N/ Ah so my presentation went well I think, I took it easy all afternoon and now to top it all off, I get to introduce you to the last new character in the story, who also happens to be one of my favourites! I'm so excited you're finally meeting him! I love this guy, he was so challenging to write but that's part of what made him such an interesting character for me....What do you guys think of him? Enjoy the chapter!

- -

Jaejoong had known that telling his family about his and Yunho's holiday plans would be a several hour affair. All of them were well aware that Jaejoong wasn't the best at remembering intricate details when it came to planning something like this. So he had to reassure everyone that Yunho was the one handling everything. But everyone had insisted on receiving their own personal phone call to notify them of the event.

 

And every one of them had something slightly different to say about the whole thing. Everyone's points consisted either of reminders or concerns he should 'make sure to ask Yunho about'. About the only one that really concerned Jaejoong, was when Sulli saying that this holiday was just an excuse for him and his boyfriend to go off and have wild in exotic locations. The words sounded decidedly unlike Sulli though, so Jaejoong had his suspicions that his other sisters were telling her what to say to him again.

 

As if he didn't call them as well.

 

But now that he thought about it, the whole thing did sound rather romantic didn't it? He knew he was being hopeful, but part of him couldn't help wondering if Yunho was whisking him away in an attempt to seduce him. Yes, yes, Yunho had a girlfriend, but he couldn't deny that part of him wanted to pretend that she didn't exist. It was only too easy to do so; Yunho did it all the time.

 

Sure he'd disappear every now and then, but he'd become even more affectionate with Jaejoong ever since these dates started. He felt like Yunho was trying harder to ensure they stayed close, despite his not-so-secret relationship. And to be honest, if Yunho didn't want to acknowledge his relationship, Jaejoong had no problems with that. It wasn't like they were doing anything wrong.

 

But they'd be going away together soon.

 

Wouldn't that already be dangerous territory?

 

He'd seen the other woman in all the Hollywood movies. Sometimes they were sympathetic, other times they were cold, cruel and callous. He had never been able to see himself as that sort of person. He couldn't steal someone away; he didn't want to be the bad guy in all of this. But could he resist the temptation to agree, if Yunho threw himself at him? If he were really as morally upstanding as he was trying to claim, wouldn't he have given up on his love for Yunho when he realised the other man was already attached?

 

He couldn't cut Yunho out of his life like that. He hadn't been able to let him go, even if he probably should have, if he didn't want to be caught in this sort of predicament. Did that mean that he would give in if Yunho asked?

 

But could he really have his first time under these sorts of circumstances? He tried to keep it out of his mind at present, but he was still very much aware of the fact that Yunho was the man that had hurt him; abandoned him when he was a boy. If Yunho confessed to being in love with Jaejoong, that alone would need to be addressed. But not only had Yunho not declared his love for him, could he really believe him if he did? Yunho was already supposed to be seeing someone else; how could he then claim to love Jaejoong?

 

It had all gotten so convoluted, that Jaejoong had long since decided the only way to deal with the situation would be to ignore it. So he pushed those thoughts back once more, in favour of his current task.

 

He needed to call before he forgot. A few taps from his fingers, and he was calling his cousin. “Hello?” the familiar voice mumbled into the phone.

 

“Yah, Junsu? What are you up to?” he questioned excitedly. He hadn't seen his cousin in a while. They were actually 3rd cousins, he wasn't a hundred percent sure on the details on what that meant in terms of how they were connected. There were too many children from multiple marriages in his family. All he really knew was that the two of them shared about as much DNA as you do with any random person you meet on the street.

 

It wasn't so much that they were family, but more a personality thing, and their relatively close ages, that had caused them to become close. Junsu was two years younger than him, but they got along really well. Junsu was so shy around people that he didn't know, when he was a child that he used to cling to Jaejoong like crazy. Around one another though they both tended to be really loud and wild.

 

“Jae? Is that you? I was sleeping, what are you up to? Why don't I see you anymore?” he demanded grumpily, already sounding wide awake.

 

Jaejoong wrinkled his nose, as he laughed at Junsu's answer. “Why are you sleeping, it's only 8pm? How lazy can you be? Aren't you supposed to be one of those hard working high school students now?”

 

“Ugh, don't remind me. That's why I'm sleeping now. They never let me sleep; I always have work I need to do. Besides, if you'll remember, I don't live near you anymore. It's nowhere near as bad as you make out. It's actually like 6pm here.” he commented lightly, before they both started laughing.

 

“Ah, cheer up. Just remember, next year you're coming back home. You're gonna join me at my university, and we're going to become tight all over again.”

 

“I know, I can't wait. I'm going to be the son you're too young to have had.” Junsu commented with a chuckle, and a no doubt high energy grin adorning his features. Jaejoong pitied whoever was in the room with him right now, he probably looked like a homicidal maniac. “Ah, I got my enrolment confirmation the other day. It's by no means guaranteed I'll get in but, you know how it is, fingers crossed.”

 

“Yeah, yeah, crossed fingers. But I don't think you'll need it, you're a good kid, I'm sure you'll do fine.” Jaejoong commented affectionately.

 

“So not that I don't appreciate the love or anything, but why are you calling me?” Junsu queried, sounding adorably disinterested in whatever Jaejoong's answer would be. He really did just appreciate the phone call, Jaejoong knew.

 

“No reason, I just wanted an expensive phone bill.” Jaejoong joked, before continuing, “Actually, I was speaking to everyone earlier, and they told me, you're planning on coming here the moment you finish your last exam?”

 

“Yeah, that sounds about right. I wanted to see your ugly face the very first second I could.” he answered with a laugh, “Gee, thanks. As it happens, that's why I called. I'm not going to be here.” Jaejoong informed his cousin, trying to sound as apologetic as he could.

 

“Don't give me your bull sympathy. Why are you avoiding me?” Junsu demanded, but Jaejoong could hear the smile in his voice as he spoke. “I'm going away with someone for a few days, after our university exams.” He gushed, unable to keep the excitement from his voice.

 

“Boo. This mysterious holidaymaker wouldn't be the infamous Yunho would it?” Junsu inquired, sounding extremely curious and simultaneously very well-informed for someone Jaejoong hadn't seem in months.

 

“Indeed it would. You know Yunho?” he asked, disbelief heavily lacing his tone as he spoke. “Never had the pleasure, but I've been hearing about him for years. My sources tell me though, that he's now a major player in your life, not just in your fantasies or the memories you lock deep within your heart.” Junsu answered, sounding as poetic as he possibly could.

 

Jaejoong narrowed his eyes, as though he were actually speaking with his cousin face to face. “If you didn't enrol in an Arts degree I'll murder you before enrolments even begin.” he warned. “Yah, Jae, are you glaring at me?” he demanded, sounding a little spooked.

 

“And if I am?” Jaejoong rhetorically asked. “Well, nothing really. But I swear I could feel it through the phone. I totally did, don't worry. As if I was going to get murdered before you and I could be reunited after being separated for so long. Where's he taking you?” Junsu answered.

 

“He hasn't told me. I know we're going somewhere with nice warm weather, but he's been pretty tight-lipped about it other than that. Not that I really care, as long as we're together, I couldn't care less where we go.” he confessed, feeling overly sappy and romantic.

 

“Ah, you mainlanders. Your fantasies are the stuff of my everyday reality, and I can assure you it isn't everything that everyone makes it out to be. But I'm afraid I really might die from your love if you insist on going on like that.” Junsu commented, sounding as though he were shaking his head in disappointment at his older cousin.

 

“You brat! No one ever died from love. Anyway, I'll catch up with you later, okay?” Jaejoong questioned.

 

“Mmhm. But if you and Yunho don't use protection, I will not raise your offspring as my own son or daughter, you hear me?” he teased, quickly hanging up after he made that comment. How he was going to survive when he was around the little troublemaker all the time, he had no idea.

 

All the same, the grin talking to Junsu always gave him refused to die down, even hours later, when Yunho caught him staring off into space at his own reflection.