Chapter 33

Putting Us Back Together

A:N/ Aigoo, you're so sweet to ask how I'm going right now... end of semester exams are still three weeks away so things are....I want to say hectic but it's really in that calm before the storm stage right now... I had a presentation this week, and i have another one next week, then I have a test and three essays due (which I'm working on) before semester ends, but I've been taking it easy a little bit this week...okay I've been slacking off... but at least I've been enjoying myself (so much fanfiction)! Sigh it's been so long since the mid semester break and I'm sleepy!!! Oh well... At least I did my homework for today, it was actually kind of fun! We had to tell 5 stories about ourselves, some of them true, some of them lies... I was having soo much fun with it, I never realised I'd done so much unsual stuff, and that was without me bringing up my love of yunjae or chunjoe or any of the other pairings I read....I wonder what they would've thought of it if I HAD mentioned it... Sorry I'm rambling cause I really enjoyed that class (the last one of my day) today, and it got me thinking about how I'm not very talkative on here (even though I really want to be) and that it might come across as a bit...standoffish? Promise I'm not! Tee hee if you dare me, I might even tell you some of the true weird things about me, so what do you say, interested? Gah I'm acting so weird right now, sorry guys, enjoy the chapter!!!!!

- -

True to form, Yunho had taken care of everything. Jaejoong awoke, to find an outfit laid out for him; this time consisting of his own clothes. He walked out to find a large suitcase standing in the middle of the lounge room. There was a lock on it, and two smaller bags lying around it. One of them looked very familiar to him; it being his and all. He looked inside, surprised to find his iPod, phone, wallet and keys in there. When he shuffled everything around a little more he found other things like some tissues, chewing gum and sunglasses as well.

 

He looked around, not finding any trace of Yunho, unless that other bag belonged to him. He considered opening it to check, but he didn't want to risk losing some of their important documents. Besides, Yunho wouldn't have left him here.

 

With that thought he moved into the kitchen preparing himself a light breakfast. He'd flown on a plane before, and though this trip would last at least a little longer than those flights had, he didn't want to eat too much. Though the flight itself had been fine, the smell of the air plane meals they served was enough to make his stomach start roiling about.

 

Yunho strolled out, also dressed, sending Jaejoong a radiant smile. He knew Jaejoong had to have seen their bags piled in the lounge room. “If you're planning on bringing a book or two or something, you should put it in your carry on luggage, before you forget.” he told the other boy helpfully.

 

He nodded, realising that he knew the perfect thing to bring with him, he got up from the table, figuring that his breakfast would still be waiting for him a few moments later. He went into his room, plucking a particularly interesting book from his bookshelf. He was about to walk back out of the room, but seemed to think better of it, grabbing a second one, before heading back for his bag.

 

There was Yunho, exactly where he'd left him, standing at the breakfast bar, but when he took a closer look, as he made his way over to join the younger man, he realised that he'd been eating his meal. His eyes narrowed, but he said nothing.

 

Realising he'd been caught, Yunho simply grinned, taking one last bite, before shuffling away, allowing Jaejoong to reclaim his meal. He wandered off, apparently locking all of the windows into their apartment. He seemed satisfied that no one would be able to break in when Jaejoong was finishing up his meal.

 

He had to shake his head at that. What thief breaks into the 5th floor of a building? Especially when they don't have a balcony.

 

- -

 

Jaejoong was irritated, frustrated, bored, tired and in pain by the time he was finally able to flop down onto their bed in the hotel Yunho had chosen. He wouldn't blame the other boy for anything, and really he'd done everything he possibly could have done to ensure the trip was easy and stress free for Jaejoong, for which the older boy was eternally grateful. There was just something about travel that was so...

 

He thought it had to do with the air planes. All their checks, and re-checks as though the other guys didn't do a good enough job. They had to make sure everything was fine like 6 times, and then made you sit around and wait for ages, just in case someone else had stuffed up their checks. It was so irritating, about the only thing he'd enjoyed about the whole day had been while he and Yunho were waiting for the plane to begin boarding.

 

His lips quirked at the memory, certain that Yunho would be unable to see his smile, so he didn't have to worry about the younger man asking what he was thinking about, because really, that would have been quite uncomfortable.

 

The moment they'd managed to find their waiting area, he had started throwing curses. Every seat was taken in their waiting area, and there were people seated on the floor of the rows of seats, against the walls, and even spilling out into the main passageway to the other gates. So there was no where else for them to sit, if not stealing seats from another gate, but the result was that there were no two seats, where they could sit together.

 

He was glaring at everyone his eyes raked over, and barely even realised he was doing it. In the end, he only settled down when Yunho realised that they were not going to be able to get two seats, and instead sank into a single seat in the adjacent waiting area. He'd been about to snap at him for his selfishness, when Yunho grabbed his wrist, yanking him backwards.

 

Jaejoong had been so stunned to find himself perched high atop Yunho's lap, that he hadn't known what to say. And anything that he might've said flew from his mind, when Yunho released his hold on Jaejoong's hips and the tilt of the chair sent him sliding down Yunho's thighs, once he lost that support.

 

He'd stopped barely 2 centimetres from Yunho's crotch, for which both boys were immensely grateful. It was unusual enough for two boys to be sitting like that, but no one seemed to have noticed or cared about it. Had he moved just that little bit further down, there would've been no way to hide the impact it would've had.

 

Yunho would undoubtedly have yelped from the pain of the impact, and Jaejoong would have tried squirming about to try and relieve Yunho's pain, which would have drawn people's attention to their position. Then Yunho would have become intensely aware that Jaejoong was seated on his hips, their... anatomy perfectly aligned were it not for the barrier their clothes would represent. Yunho probably would've tried to jump Jaejoong before he could stop himself. While Jaejoong was convinced, although he might've hurt Yunho, who would probably make a very loud noise as a result, the noise of desire he'd make would be much louder.

 

Then Yunho just had to go and start rubbing his thighs to try and distract him while they waited for the attendant to announce that it was time to board the plane. The tempting images of what might have been, were only made ten times worse now that Jaejoong knew the feeling of Yunho's hands rubbing his legs.

 

Okay, at the time it had been comforting, but now that he was looking back on the whole scene, he could see how easily it could have been viewed in an entirely different light. For the moment, he chose that altogether, much more ually motivated viewpoint.

 

The rest of their plane trip from that point on had been awful. The engines made so much noise, and the atmosphere felt so boxy; Jaejoong felt cramped. There were so many people so close together, it didn't take long before the place became hot, and they started sweating. Then on top of that there was nothing to do that really seemed to kill the time. It was too noisy to do anything, without having to turn the volume up so loud it hurt his ears, and the noise from the engines alone was enough to ruin his plans of reading. There were noisy children, and horrible smelling food, but Jaejoong still wasn't bored or unhappy enough to want to fall asleep.

 

After that nightmare, the rest of their trip seemed like a painless blur. Yunho had managed to pick up their baggage and their car effortlessly, and managed to find their hotel, without too much difficulty. He'd taken care of their signing in without Jaejoong even noticing.

 

He was finally able to flop down on the bed, making Yunho laugh, which annoyed him. He knew Yunho had done so much for him, to make the trip fun for Jaejoong, but travelling still made him bad tempered. He had 3 more days where he could make up for his bad mood to Yunho, but today he felt like being grumpy.

 

The whole day was ruined anyway. It was already dinnertime. It didn't even really sink in until the next day that he knew someone who lived here.

 

- -

A:N/ (Again, see I told you I ws talkative today!) Ah I just couldn't resist, I wrote this scene when I went on holidays, and it's funny everytime I read this chapter, I remember the plane trip....which , for all the reasons Jaejoong outlined...planes give me headaches and numb legs... I even remember the rewrite I did for this chapter too, because it was too boring...oh the memories fanfiction brings to mind... Have any of you guys ever had this sort of travel experience, or are you much happier on planes than me and Jae?