Chapter 40

Secret Marriage

 

He was so worried about her. He tried to look for her around Manhattan, but no result. He nearly cried in the car. She was misunderstanding it. He admitted that he had a feeling for Carly, but it was 2 years ago. Now, his love was truly for Minkyung. Only her.

 

(Minkyung’s POV)

He took me to his house. His parents were working so he was just with her little sister at home. There I met his cute little sister.

“You brought your girlfriend home?” his sister asked cutely.

“No, this is my friend.”

“Hello cutie, my name is Minkyung. What’s yours?”

“I’m Minah.” she smiled widely. “Wanna be friends?” I nodded as response. “Unnie is so cute!” she shouted excitedly.

“How old are you?”

“I’m 3 years old.”

“Minah, she needs to wash herself. Talk later.” Jamie ordered.

            After I washed, Jamie gave me a sweater and pants to wear. Then he asked me about my address and started to search on the map in the internet. I said to him that I didn’t know.

“I only know the neighborhood.”

“It’s okay, it works.”

“Upper east side.”

“Okay. Let’s go there after I printed the map.”

            I was playing with Minah while Jamie was printing out the map. She looked so cute and pretty. I wished I had a sister like her. She’s so talkative. She asked me about Seoul. She said she was Korean but never been there.

“But you speak Korean very well.” I said.

“Yeah, we speak Korean at home.”

“Done! Now, let’s go searching your home.” Jamie exclaimed.

“Oppa, can I go with you?” Minah pouted.

“No, just stay at home.”

“Please?” she begged. “I promise I’ll be a good girl.” she smiled as Jamie nodded. “Yay! Let’s go!”

            We went to Upper East Side by subway. I decided to pack my things as soon as I arrive in the house. If Myungsoo wanted to stay with Carly then he could just did it.

            After some hours of searching, we found it. I arrived at the house and found none was there. Fortunately, I knew the security password so I could enter the house. I let Jamie and Minah in.

“Unnie, your house is so big!” Minah shouted.

“Thank you. Nah, you can play here while I pack my things.”

            I went to the bedroom. I quickly packed my things. I wanted to go home and told everything to Jina. Then I found a letter laying on the bed. I started to read the letter.

           

‘Minkyung, if you read this letter, maybe I’m still driving all around Manhattan to search you. I know that you’re mad at me. I can understand your anger, because I didn’t tell you about Carly, the girl you met this morning. She was my childhood friend. One of my friends, Peter, introduced me to Carly 4 years ago. We often went out together when one day, I finally fell in love with her. I confessed my feeling to her but she refused. She said she wanted to concentrate to her study. I was so broken-hearted. I was about to run away from home when my mom suddenly told me to come back to Korea. That was such a big opportunity, seeing my condition that day.

        I came to Korea. My mom told me that she was already arranging a marriage between us. I was so angry to my mom at first. I regretted my decision to come to Korea. But my mom begged to me because this was a promise. The promise that our moms had made. Then I married with you. I tried to ignore you and spoke harshly to you because I was still mad at my mom. One day, you were sitting in the bench with Jina. I realized that you were so pretty and cute, totally my type. That was the day when my heart went upside down, head over heels. That day was the day when my heart beat so fast whenever I glanced at you. Since that day, I decided to leave it as it is, to accept you as my wife and treat you right. Now my heart is still beating so fast whenever I see you. Now, my heart belongs only to you. I love you Minkyung, my wife. Please come back to me.’

            I cried as soon as I finished reading the letter. How can I find you Myungsoo? How can I meet you and apologixe for my childish act? How can I confess that I had the same feeling as you?