Chapter 38

Secret Marriage

He held my hand as he leaded me to go out from the plane. Some stewardesses greeted me near the door.

            I inhaled the fresh air. I read the board, ‘J.F. Kennedy International Airport’

 

(Minkyung’s POV)

            Woah, I looked around to see the view. Such a beautiful city. I had never been to New York before.

            He held my hand and guided me to the arrival terminal. The airport was so busy and packed. Then I noticed someone held a cardboard with our names on it. I showed Myungsoo what I found and he answered,

“There he is.”

            The man that held the cardboard earlier was Mr Bramwell, he’s Myungsoo’s (another) secretary. He guided us to the car.

“So, this is your childhood country?”

“Yeah. And New York is my childhood city.”

“How long?”

“I lived here for 15 years. Then I went back to Korea, to meet you and then marry you.”

“Where are we now?”

“Queens. We are going to Upper East Side in Manhattan.”

            We arrived in an elite neighborhood near a park. We entered a house, a classic house. I found our suitcases were already inside the house.

“Thank you Mr Bramwell.” Myungsoo said politely.

“Enjoy your honeymoon here, master.” he then left us.

“I’m sorry, I’m not taking you to a hotel.”

“No, it’s okay.” I pinched his cheek.

“This is my childhood house. Mom told me to spend our honeymoon here, so that we will know each other better.”

“This is beautiful!” I exclaimed.

“You wanna see around this house?” he offered. I nodded as response.

            It was 06.30 PM and he asked me to go around. He wanted to have a little reunion with Manhattan. We went to Times Square and took a lot of photos there. I sent one of them to Jina as a present. We decided to have dinner first.

“Manhattan is so beautiful. Thanks for bringing me here. I’m really happy.” I smiled to him. “Your english is so good. Myungsoo-ah you’re the best!”

“Hahaha baby you’re so cute.”

            Myungsoo was my tour guide. The next morning, we went to his childhood places.

“This is my elementary school, Caedmon Elementary School.”

“But I heard from your mom that you went to a private school?”

“Yeah, that was after I graduated from Caedmon, mom took me to Browning School, an all boys school.”

“It must be because of that.”

“Why?”

“Maybe because of that you are so cold toward girls.” He laughed as I said it.

“Where do you wanna go again?”

“As long as it is with you, I’m okay.”

            Today he took me to many places. We went to Metropolitan Museum of Art, Union Square, Madison Square, lastly we went to his branch office in Midtown Manhattan.

“Myungie, I’m hungry.” I pouted at him as I looked at my busy husband in his office.

“What do you wanna eat?”

“Umm, I want to eat it.” I pointed to a food stall down the street.

“Hot dog? You want it?” I nodded as response. “But I’m gonna take you to a café.”

“I want to eat it.”

“No, I already reserved some seats.” He coldly answered.

“Okay then.” I gave up and started looking down the floor.

            We went to a fancy café. There we met some guys that already waited for us. They are Myungsoo’s old friends.

“This is my wife, Minkyung.” he introduced me to his old friends. “Minkyung, they are my friends, Mark, Nate, Dean and Peter.”

            I didn’t understand what they were talking about because they spoke in english. I should have learned english more so that I could understand if they were talking about me or tried to make a conversation with me.

 

(None’s POV)

            They were sleeping peacefully when the bell rang. Myungsoo woke up and walked to open the door. He froze as soon as he saw a familiar figure in front of him. A person from his past…