Chapter 34

Secret Marriage

“Let’s go.” he suddenly stood up.

“Huh?”

“Let’s release your stress!”

 

(Minkyung’s POV)

            We went to his mall. I mean the mall that he owned. He held my hands to the elevator and we went to the 7th floor.

“What do you want to watch?”

“Anything funny.”

“That one?” he pointed to Puss in Boots movie poster.

“Fine.”

            So, Myungsoo booked a studio just for both of us. There were just me and Myungsoo.

“This movie will be a horror one.”

“Why?”

“You booked this whole studio just for us. That’s not romantic, that’s scary.”

“What?”

“Can you imagine there’s a ghost appeared and nobody would help us.”

“Ck, nonsense.”

            The movie was so funny. I liked puss! He was so manly yet cute. Myungsoo laughed a lot while watching the movie. It made me happy a bit.

“Myungie, where are we going now?”

“We’re going to a karaoke room!”

            I sang and danced happily with him. His hidden side was revealed. He was all-out, crazy, funny, witty and tactless. Those were the real him, not the poker faced one.

            Before we slept, I told him the whole story. About my friendship with Jina. He hugged me while listening to my story. The hug was so heartwarming. He caressed my back.

“I’ll take care of this.” he whispered and we went to sleep.

            I sat on the bench alone. Jina ignored me today. She moved her seat and was sitting next to Younha. I tried to apologize to her, but she left me. I asked her to go somewhere else to talk, but she refused. I wanted to cry. What should I do to make her forgive me?

            Tears welled up on my eyes as I opened the door. I walked straight to the bedroom. It was just last night when I forgot about my problem and went out happily with Myungsoo. The one that could boost my mood was Myungsoo, but he hasn’t come home yet.

            It was 06.30 PM and he hasn’t shown up yet. ‘Where are you Myungsoo?’ I wondered. I decided to cook dinner for both of us. I cooked samgyupsal and some side dishes. Then, my cellphone rang.

“Hello Myungie?”

“Baby, how’s your day?”

“Bad. She ignored me all day.” I sighed. “Where are you?”

“I’m in the office. I have to sign some documents and an urgent meeting tonight. I’ll be home late.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, maybe I’ll be home at 11.00 PM.”

“What?”

“Don’t worry, I already send a gift for you. A big gift that will accompany you all night.”

“I don’t need a doll, seriously.”

“Just wait. It will be home in about 15 minutes.” he assured. “I’ll hang up, honey. Be safe.”

“Thank you Myungie. Take care.”

            I was so curious about the gift. I watched a talk show but couldn’t focus. I kept thinking about the gift. I kept walking back and forth. I was thinking about a life-sized doll, a Nintendo wii, a playstation 3, a box of newest movies, when someone knocked the door. I ran as fast as I could to the door. I opened the door and shocked as I saw a familiar face in front of me.

“Minkyung-ah…”