Chapter 7 - The Only Day She Wouldn't Be In School

Timeless

Days passed by and Doojoon was still the same, trying his best to break Reii’s wall every single day. Doojoon entered the class, preparing to melt Reii’s cold heart any other day but Reii wasn’t at her desk like usual.

*Shouldn’t she be here already?* Doojoon looked at Reii’s empty table while walking towards his seat that was just next to hers. Reii would always be at her seat while reading her book before Doojoon even arrive but surprisely, Reii seems to be later than Doojoon today.*Maybe she’ll come in later* Doojoon shrugged as he sat down.

However the first lesson of class was already halfway through and there was still no sight of Reii. Doojoon stared at the clock and his heart grew more worried as the second passed by. *Why isn’t she here yet? Is she sick?*Just as he wondered what the possibilities might be, someone answered it for him.

‘I love today!’ the girl on the other side of Doojoon squeal.

‘Yeah! Since today is the only day she wouldn’t come to school’ the girl sitting in front of her replied. Doojoon who overheard their conversation grew curious and asked ‘Why? is she always not in school  on this date?’Doojoon asked them.

‘Yeah she always skipped school on this date ever since 8 years ago.’ The girl sitting beside Doojoon replied. ‘I wonder why?’ the girl in front asked and Doojoon too leaned in to hear the explaination.

‘I heard from her old classmate that it was because of her mom. I heard that Reii’s mom died on this day and that Reii was the cause of it.’ the girl beside Doojoon replied. Before Doojoon could ask for more information, the teacher shouted ‘Yah you three stop talking and listen to the class will you? Or do you want to have detention after class instead?’

Without a choice Doojoon turned his head back towards the blackboard to listen to the lesson. *Is that the reason why Reii? is that the reason why you’re not coming to school today? Is that the reason why you turn are so cold to everyone?*Doojoon couldn’t helped but wonder.

It was harder for Doojoon to concentrate in class now that he had heard something like this. His heart was full of worries now that he knew the reason why she wasn’t in school.

 

~~~~

‘Tick! Tick! Tick!’ there was still 5 more minutes before the last lesson of school ends. Doojoon had already packed almost everything into his school bag. He would just need to wait for the bell to ring before he rushes out of the classroom.

‘Ring!’ the school bell rang and Doojoon put the remaining into his bag before he rushes out of the classroom without caring about the teacher that was still inside the class. He needed to see Reii now, he needed to make sure that Reii. He needed to know what happened to her.

Doojoon had so much wanted to skip lesson just to know how Reii was doing after he knew about today but he had managed to control himself to wait till school ended. Now that school had ended, Doojoon ran like his life depended on it, not caring about what others think about him. Doojoon was running at top speed and his body was already tired from all the running but he wouldn’t stopped and he wouldn’t reduce his speed even though his worn out.  Doojoon had only one thing in mind now and it was to see Reii and he wouldn’t stopped running until he saw her.

Doojoon ran up the stairs quickly upon reaching the house. He stopped in front of her house while panting to catch some breath. *Will she be inside the house? Please let her be inside, besides here, I didn’t know where I could find her anymore.* With that Doojoon knocked on Reii’s door hoping that she would be inside. Doojoon knocked a few times but there was no reply. *Where would she be if she’s not inside?* Doojoon was about to leave when he heard the sound of glass breaking coming from inside.

*She’s inside!* Doojoon quickly turn back and knocked on the door again. ‘Open up Reii, I know you’re inside.’ Doojoon knocked again. Seeing no reply he knocked again, this time he was growing anxious.

*Why isn’t she opening the door?* Doojoon knocked on the door anxiously as he called out ‘Its me, Doojoon. Open up Reii!’ There was still no movement. *That’s it! Im breaking the door!* With that Doojoon tried to open the door through breaking it open with his body. He tried twice but the door still wouldn’t open. He gather up all his strength and ran towards the door and try to hit it open.

‘Bang!’ the door opened and Doojoon rushed inside.