Chapter 28 - Date

Timeless

They were climbing up the multiple stairs in front of them. Reii stopped halfway and looked up. In front of them were the continuation of steps and more steps waiting for them to climb. *Why are there so many stairs?* Reii was staring to get restless from all the climbing.

Junhyung realized that he hadn’t heard any footsteps of Reii’s and turned around to check on her. Just like what he had imagined, Reii had stopped few steps behind him. ‘Come on, just another 15 more minutes and we’ll reached. You’ll love it, trust me’ Reii looked into Junhyung’s eyes and he looked sincere. She willed herself and started climbing the stairs again. Junhyung smiled before he turned around and started walking the stairs again. He slowed down his pace, making sure that Reii could catch up with him.

Just like what Junhyung had said, Reii could see a house in sight as each step took them up the hill. The house was getting bigger and clearer when they were just few steps away. Reii fasten her steps and reached the top in no time.

‘Its beautiful’ Rei was in awe as she stared everything around the house in front of her. in front of her was a beautiful wooden house painted in sky blue. Wooden tables and chairs dominated the area around the house and they were painted in white. Wild flowers can be seen everywhere, along the railings, the grass and on every table, there was a small vase with flower in it. The air was fresh too.  Reii smiled as she takes in the air. It was filled sweet fragrance coming from the flowers. Junhyung smiled looking at the lady he like in front of him mesmerize by the place.

‘Oh you’re here?’ the door of the house opened and an old lady in her mid 50s came out. She smiled as she met gaze with Junhyung.

‘And you bring a lady with you this time’ She noticed Reii who was beside Junhyung.

‘Ne halmoni.’ Junhyung bowed greeting her while Reii did the same.

‘Have a seat, I’ll bring some snack and tea out for you all’ the halmoni went back in while Junhyung lead Reii to a table. He pulled the chair out for her before he went to sit across from her. Reii looked towards her right and she could see the whole city in one glance from where she was sitting at. She looked at the view in front of her amazed. This place just gets more and more amazing for each passing second.

‘How did you find this place?’ Reii turned around to face Junhyung, her eyes were still sparkling because of the place.

‘It’s a secret.’ Junhyung winked, leaving Reii to figure it out herself.

The door of the house opened again and the Halmoni brought a tray along containing cookies and tea on it. ‘Here, have some cookies and tea. Let me know if you want something else’ The halmoni smiled warmly at Reii as she place the cookies and tea in front of them while Reii nodded and smiled back equally.

‘Pretty isn’t she?’ Junhyung asked the Halmoni and she didn’t hesitate and replied ‘Yeah, you brought a good lady here. ’ Reii blushed at the comment made by the halmoni.

‘Looks like our Junhyung finally found someone. I still thought I’ll never get to see her’ the halmoni patted Junhyung’s shoulder while she whispered to Junhyung. Although she only knew Junhyung for a few years, she had already treated him like her own grandchild and it was nice to see that Junhyung finally had someone he like or even love. Junhyung just smiled back while Reii watched the two conversed with something only the two of them knew.

‘I shall not disturb the two of you. Enjoy young lady’ Halmoni smiled warmly to Reii once again before she walked into the house again.

Junhyung pushed the plate of cookies in front of Reii, ‘Try it, you’ll like them. These cookies are made by the halmoni herself.’ Reii nodded and took a cookie to try. She took a bite of the cookie and was immediately surprised by the taste. The cookies tasted so different from the cookies she ate normally. The cookie was not too sweet nor was it bland. It gives off a very nice floral aroma as she chewed on it. She picked her cup of tea and took a sip. Her smile grew wider as she sipped on the tea. It was floral tea. It was as if Reii was in heaven. Everything around there seemed so nice and perfect. Junhyung took a sipped of his tea and smiled, glad that Reii love the place.

After having a little tea, Junhyung asked Reii to wait outside while he went inside for awhile. Reii just nodded and continued to enjoy the view. *Doojoon ah, its really lovely here isn’t it? If you’re still alive, we could have come here together for a date. Its so peaceful and nice here* Reii looked out to the city that was far away from them.

A sound coming from the bicycle caught Reii’s attention. *There’s even bicycle around here?* Reii turned towards the sound of the bicycle and saw Junhyung holding two bicycles with him.

‘You do know how to ride a bicycle right?’ Junhyung had went in earlier to borrow the two bicycles from the halmoni and she was more than glad to lend them to him. It was one of the things people would do when they visit this place.  Reii nodded while she stood up from her seat and walked towards him.

‘Good. Well lets go then’ Junhyung passed the light pink bicycle to her while he took the sky blue one. Reii got on the bike and followed Junhyung who was already paddling his bicycle. Reii was enjoying the breeze that brushed her lightly as she cycled on the pathway beside Junhyung. She stretched out one of her hand to feel the light breeze as she continued to cycle. Junhyung found himself staring at her most of the time even though he knew it was dangerous for him to do that. Seeing how she enjoyed herself, seeing how much she loved nature, just made him filled with happiness. He stretched out one of his hand too to enjoy the breeze, the nature. It had been so long since he had cycled along this path furthermore he was with a person he like now. He felt so relaxed and bliss.