Chapter 39 - Beautiful Inside Out

Timeless

It was almost a week now ever since Junhyung was excuse from B2st. He visited Reii’s shop every single day. He would help her take care of the customers and they would chat and joke around just like any other couple when there’s no customer. Junhyung was really enjoying himself while he was with her.  Today was the last day of his rest and also the final day for their date. Reii would have to make her decision today.

Junhyung was already waiting for Reii at the place he had texted her. He wanted it to be their best date before Reii made her decision.

‘Did you wait long?’ Junhyung looked up to see Reii wearing a light blue denim jacket with a tank top inside and black long skinnys.

He smiled ‘Good, you listened. Lets go!’ Junhyung held out his hand and Reii took it without hesistant. Reii looked around not knowing what they were here for. They were at the countryside, at a farm to be exact. She couldn’t understand what they would be doing in a farm like this.

‘Oh you’re here?’ A farmer in his late 40’s approached them. Junhyung bowed and Reii immediately followed suit behind. ‘Yeah ahjusshi, can I know where is it?’

The ahjusshi lead the way and stopped in front of a blank piece of plantation. ‘Here’ He pointed at the small stretch of plantation in front of them. Reii looked at Junhyung with confusion. *Why are we standing in front of an empty plantation?*

‘Here’s the plant you wanted and the tools need. Call me if you need anything from me’ The ahjusshi warmly smiled and passed them to Junhyung and left to give the two of them some space.

‘Thank you’ Junhyung bowed again as the ahjusshi walked away. Junhyung turned around and looked at Reii who had confusion written all over the place.

He lightly chuckled before he asked her a question. ‘You remember the time when I asked you what you’re going to grow if you had a plantation?’ Reii nodded slightly still unsure of what Junhyung was trying to get into.

Her eyes widened when she realized what Junhyung had meant. ‘We’re going to plant sweet potatoes in this piece of plantation?’ Reii looked at the piece of fertile soil in front of her.

Junhyung chuckled again at her reaction. He bent down and began to pick up the young plants. ‘Want to lend me a hand and helped me out with our plantation?’ Junhyung looked up at Reii who was still standing beside still in her state of daze.

Reii immediately snapped out of her daze and looked at Junhyung, ‘You bought this piece of land?!’

Junhyung sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck, ‘Yeah. Im so sorry I could only buy such small piece of land for you’ He awkwardly looked at Reii. Slightly ashamed of himself for not being able to buy a bigger piece of land for her.

Reii shook her head and bent down next to Junhyung ‘Anniya, it great enough for me already. Thank you, I really love it. I cant even think of having a land by myself’ Reii smiled in contentment while staring at the small stretch of land in front of her.

‘Let get started shall we? I cant wait to plant my own sweet potato plant’ Reii turned her head and looked at Junhyung excitedly. Junhyung broke into a smile as he saw how excited Reii was even though it was just a tiny piece of land compared to the whole wide stretch of land in front of them.

Junhyung passed her the plants and they began planting out their own sweet potatoes. Reii dug a hole and took a plant in her hand before placing it in. Junhyung stopped what he was doing and watched her carefully covered the hole up with the soil. ‘Please grow well’ the smiled on his face widened as he heard Reii said to the every plant she had planted.

*She’s really a beautiful woman inside out.* Junhyung felt himself falling even deeper at this side of Reii. They had already been planting it for 2 hours yet there was no sight of frustration in Reii, she didn’t even complain a single bit of it. Instead of that, she was still cheerful and careful in handling the plants even though the planting work was tiring under the hot sun.

Reii looked towards her right when Junhyung called her. ‘Take a rest, I’ll do the rest of it from here. There’s only a few left’ Junhyung suggested seeing the sweats from on Reii’s face because of the hard work.

Reii shook her head and give Junhyung a smiled ‘Its okay, I like doing it anyway. It felt nice to plant my own sweet potatoes.’ She turned back and continued planting the rest after she wiped away her sweats on her forehead with her arm since she was wearing gloves on her hand. Junhyung too, without any word continued on planting the sweet potatoes plants so that they could end earlier.

When they were finally done with it, both of them stood up and admire their work with a satisfied smiled. The plants were planted neatly and organizingly. Junhyung passed a water can ‘Do you want to water them?’ Reii took the can without hesistation and happily watered all their plants. ‘Please grow well’ Reii said for the last time as she stepped back to look at their plants.

‘Reii’ Junhyung called out and she turned to look at him. ‘I’ll buy a bigger plot for you when I earned more money in the future. I promise’ Junhyung said sincerely as he gaze into Reii’s eyes. Reii could feel her heart beating faster inside. She broke into a smile as she gaze back at him with the same sincere eyes Junhyung had ‘I’m already happy with this small plot of plantation. You don’t have to promise me that. I’ll believe it, even if you dont make it into a promise.’ She genuinely smiled back.