Chapter 42 - A Shoulder To Lean On

Timeless

Reii’s POV

This isn’t right, my heart shouldn’t feel hurt when I rejected him. All those words he sang to me during inside the restaurant, I knew he meant it but I don’t deserve love anymore.

‘Reii’ Junhyung grabbed my wrist and spun me around.

‘Let go’ I tried to pry his hand of me but he held it tightly.

‘You said we’ll go on separate if I didn’t want to continue anymore after this whole month’ I tried to reason as I struggle against him.

Junhyung didn’t bulge a single bit and held on tighter ‘I did say that but I also say that if you didn’t love me a single bit, I’ll let go of you. You do love me don’t you? As long as you like me a single bit, I wont let go of you’

‘Let go’ I struggled yet I couldn’t break free from his grip.

‘Say it, if you say you don’t love me, I’ll leave you alone and I’ll never appear in front of you again’ Junhyung said as he looked into my eyes.

I looked at him getting ready to say it yet I couldn’t find myself to say it while looking at him. ‘I don’t love you’ I said as I looked away from him.

‘I’ll only believe you if you look into my eyes and say it’

‘Junhyung, you’re being ridiculous’ I stated, I didn’t want to stay here any longer. I was afraid I’ll be found out.

‘Yes Im being ridiculous but why are you afraid of doing it? You love me don’t you?’ Junhyung forced me to look at him.

I looked at him while trying to control my heart. ‘I never love you, Yong Junhyung. All these time the only person I love is Yoon Doojoon and him only.’ I said harshly before I pulled my wrist out and walked away.

I had to do this. I wiped the tear that flowed down my cheeks as I walked away from him. Everyone who loved me ended up leaving me in the end even though they didn’t want to. Everyone that I loved and loved me too, regardless its my mom or Doojoon they all died because of me. I do love him but Doojoon still had an impact in my heart. I never stopped loving him even when Im with Junhyung. Doojoon was the one that bring me out of my sadness, the one that accompany me all these years, how would I be able to forget him? How would I be able to stop loving him? It wasn’t right for the both of them. It wouldn’t be fair for both Doojoon and Junhyung.

Besides Doojoon promised he’ll be with me forever but looked at where he is now? He’s dead. If he hadn’t met meet, he could have been living fine by himself now, he could have been a superstar like Junhyung. I don’t want to ruin another life again. I don’t want another person I loved to die because of me again. I don’t want to go through that heartpain again. I wouldn’t be able to take it. It still hurts for me to believe that Doojoon was dead. All the memories I had with him was like yesterday yet he wasn’t here with me anymore. The thought of Junhyung might die because of me was driving insane. I rather cruel to him now, be cruel to myself then to see him end up in the same fate as my mom and Doojoon.

While I was busy wiping away my tears that flowed down endlessly, I was spun around again. Junhyung hugged me tight that I could barely move. ‘I don’t believe you. I’ll never believe you if you say that you don’t love me a single bit. Don’t leave me please. I love you. I knew I’ll never surpass Doojoon but I don’t care as long as you let me stay by yourside’ Junhyung said while I was trying to pull myself away from him. I stopped struggling when I heard what he said.

He released me but placed his hands on my shoulders and he looked at me. ‘Let me stay by your side please?’

I pushed his hands away and seached into his eyes. His eyes were pleading, I tried to ignore that fact while I spoke to him ‘No, I don’t deserve your love. You’ll find someone better than me. Just let me go, you’ll be better-’

Junhyung cut my words away ‘No, no! Why cant you ever understand, you’re the only one I ever wanted in my life! I dont want anyone else!’

I felt my heart beat faster at his confession yet I told myself I shouldn’t be feeling this way. ‘Junhyung, you’ll be better off without me. I don’t want you to end up the same as them. Doojoon said the same thing to me too yet he died because of me. He wouldn’t have got into an accident if he didnt come find me that day. My mother wouldn’t died if she didn’t went to pick up that birthday present of mine!’ I yelled, I was also frustrated by now. My heart hurts as I think about it. Instead of replying, Junhyung pulled me towards him and crashed his lips to mine. I tried to push him away but he just hold onto me tighter as he kissed me. I felt myself unable to push him away after awhile of struggling. Why do I have to be so weak?

Junhyung pulled away after awhile, ‘Its my life so don’t tell me what to do. If I will die for loving you, I would still choose to love you. It wouldn’t stopped me from loving you because I rather die loving you than to miss the chance of loving you. So please don’t push me a way because of that and give me a chance to love you huh?’ Junhyung stared intently at me. There was determination inside his eyes.

I just nodded my head since Junhyung wouldn’t take no as an answer.  Junhyung just smiled and plant a kiss on my forehead. ‘Thank you’ he whispered as he hugged me once again. I felt myself smiling while I was in his arms. Somehow I felt happy that we’re together now for real. I felt warm and protected again. This feeling that had been lost ever since Doojoon was gone, I felt them again through Junhyung. It felt nice to feel that there was a shoulder to lean on again. I felt loved again. I just hope nothing will happened to us now.