Chapter 24 - Seeing Her Cry

Timeless

The bell hung on the door make a tingling sound as someone pushed opened the door. Reii stopped her reading and turned towards the door expecting customer. ‘Anneonghasayo’ Reii slightly greeted but when she looked up, it was Junhyung standing in front of her.

‘Oh Junhyung sshi, is there anything you need?’ Reii assumed that he came here to buy some flower from her.

‘I happen to film a variety show around here, and I thought I should come and pay a little visit to my friend.’ Junhyung sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck with one hand while the other hand was hiding behind his back, his eyes darting around the store.

'Friend?' Reii repeated the last word while Junhyung raise an eyebrow 'Arent we friends? I can assume we are right?' Junhyung casually walked towards Reii but he could felt his heart beating anxiously inside. *What if she says no?'* But to his relief, Reii nodded and he felt happier than ever.

‘Have you eaten?’ Junhyung looked towards Reii, secretly hoping that she hadn’t eaten. Junhyung had thought about what the members had previously said, and he didn’t want the chance to slip away and only to have himself regret later on. His heart wouldn’t allow him to do that.

‘I just ate awhi-’ Reii paused when she saw the time on the clock. She was about to tell Junhyung that she had already eaten but that hours ago. It was already going 9pm yet she hadn’t had her dinner. She hadn’t noticed the time since she was always lost in the book whenever she reads and it was always Doojoon who reminded her and check on her whether she had eaten her meal. If it wasn’t for Junhyung today, she would have probably realized it only when it was time for closing.

‘No I haven eaten.’ Reii shook her head. Junhyung immediately smiled at her answer, secretly pumped his fist in the air. Reii looked at Junhyung confused.

‘Well Im was hungry and I was near here so I brought some food along the way and thought of eating it with you. I was hoping you would eat with me. You would right?’ Junhyung held out the food he had been hiding behind his back and showed it to Reii.

‘Well I guess I shouldn’t waste food.’Junhyung brightened at her answer. ‘Have a seat, I’ll go get us some water’ Reii turned around and went to get some water for them. Junhyung set the food on the table and took a seat. He took a look at the store while waiting for Reii to come. Junhyung was amazed. Although the store looked small on the outside, it looked quite big to him now. There so many flowers and plants in the store.

Reii took a seat beside Junhyung and his gaze was immediately on her. ‘Lets eat shall we?’ Junhyung opened the lit of the numerous foods he bought.

‘Thank you for the food,’ Reii thanked Junhyung before she ate the food.

‘You’re welcome. But are you the only worker here?’ Junhyung noticed that he had only seen her in the store all these while when he visited.

‘Yeah, since the store wasn’t that busy unless on special occasions there isn’t a need to hire another person.’ Reii continued eating.

‘Then that means you would have to work the whole year without a rest?’ Junhyung placed a piece of Dukkbokki inside his mouth.

‘No, I do closed my shop but it only happens when Doo-’ Reii was about to say Doojoon’s name but she stopped. She couldn’t even said out his name. Thinking about Doojoon still makes her heart hurt.

‘What were you about to say?’ Junhyung looked up when Reii stopped in her words. Junhyung noticed the change in the Reii and began to panic. There was a glimpse of sadness in Reii’s eyes as he looked at her.

‘Are you okay?’ Junhyung warily asked as he looked at her.

Reii shook her head, ‘Im fine. Doojoon. That was what Im going to say. I used to close the shop when he was free from training. He too used to be a trainee under an entertainment company’ Reii spoke while trying to maintain a pokerface. She didn’t want to look weak in front of others.

‘Doojoon? Is he your boyfriend?’ Junhyung picked up his chopstick and began to eat his noodle, pretending to not care about it. He glance sideway at Reii and secretly hoped that Doojoon was just her dongsaeng, or anyone else as long as he wasn’t her boyfriend. Reii just nodded, she knew her voice would crack if she spoke.

‘Why didn’t I see him around?’ Junhyung felt his heart sank but nonetheless questioned about it.

‘A few weeks ago..’ Reii paused, she couldn’t say the words out. Afterall, she couldn’t accept the fact that he died. Junhyung looked at her confusedly. ‘H-he he died a few weeks ago..’ Reii looked down her bowl of noodle. Her tears were threatening to fall out despite her trying to control her tears. She didn’t want look like others see this side of her.

He placed his chopstick down and pulled her into his embrace. ‘Its okay to cry in front of me. I’ll be here for you. Let it all out.’ Junhyung soothingly patted her back. Reii who was biting her lip to control her tears couldn’t help but let it all out. It had been so long since someone cared for her. It had been so long since she was being embrace and it felt so warm that her tears couldn’t be controlled anymore. They just flowed freely as she thought of Doojoon.

‘I shouldnt have let him go. I shouldn’t tell the doctor to take out his breathing tube. He could’ve have wake up if I didn’t do that. No, he shouldn’t have met me in the first place. If he hadn’t met me, he wouldn’t have gotten into that accident that day when he came for me. Its all my fault’ Reii sobbed into Junhyung’s chest. Although Reii was mumbling through her crying he could somehow make up what she had said and just soothingly pat her back while hearing what she had said.

It took awhile before Reii stopped her tears. She moved out form Junhyung’s embrace and wiped her last tears. ‘Im sorry. You didn’t have to see this and spoil your dinner’

‘Its okay. Just remember I’ll always be there for you if you need me.’ Junhyung gently smooth her hair while he smiled at her.

‘Im sorry but I would like to be by myself now’ Reii looked at Junhyung but her eyes were wondering off and Junhyung understood why.

‘Arasso. But don’t hesistate to call me if you need my help or someone to talk to’ Junhyung stood up and walked towards the door.

*Please be okay and not hurt yourself* He left after he took one last look at her.