Chapter 12 - The New Reii

Timeless

The next day Doojoon went back to school, as good as new. ‘Thank you for yesterday’ Doojoon said as they were seated on the bench eating the food Doojoon had prepared. Doojoon had woke up early today to prepare it for Reii.

‘It was my fault to begin with anyway’ Reii replied and took a bite on the lunch Doojoon had prepared. ‘But if you hadn’t been there, I wouldn’t know what might happen to me.’ Reii looked at Doojoon waiting for him to explain more.

‘Although Im staying with my aunt, Im always alone in the house. After my parents died in a plane crash when I was 10, my aunt became my guardian. She did her best to take care of me but as years past, she became busier with her work and she was often out of the country. It’s been a year since I see her and I doubt she’ll come back any sooner but she do contact me often through phonecalls. So if you weren’t there yesterday, I wouldn’t be able to come school today’ Doojoon said.

*He had such past too?* Reii was surprise to hear Doojoon’s past. *He looked so happy normally. Its almost impossible to imagine him having a past like that.*

‘You must have it hard too during that time didn’t you?’ Reii said and she saw a flash of pain in Doojoon’ eyes but they were gone in another blink of an eye. She didn’t know what got into her, she placed the lunchbox aside and hugged Doojoon just like how he had comforted her that night.

‘Its okay’ She whispered as she hugged him. Tears were about to fall but Doojoon them back. Doojoon pulled back and fake a smile, ‘What are you talking about?’ Doojoon asked pretending that he doesn’t know what Reii was talking about.

‘Wait a moment, you talked more than what you usually do today. Does that mean you finally opened up to me? We’re best friend now aren’t we?’ Doojoon teased to hide his sorrow. Reii just rolled her eyes and picked up her food and continue eating.

‘What? Don’t act like you didn’t. You even hug me just now. Seriously, are you interested in me now?’Doojoon continue teasing but Reii didn’t take it to heart. She knew that Doojoon was just doing that to hide his sorrow.

-------End of Flashback------

 

After looking at all the pictures, Doojoon closed the photo album while Reii stretched beside him. ‘Are you hungry darling?’ Reii asked as she got up from the sofa.

‘Yeah, Im hungry’ Doojoon said as he stood up too and followed Reii to the kitchen. Reii opened up the fridge and look through the ingredients inside the fridge.

‘What do you want to eat today?’ Reii asked still looking through the fridge.

Without a warning, Reii was lifted off the ground. ‘What are you doing darling?’ Reii asked as Doojoon hold her and walked out of the kitchen.

Doojoon placed Reii on the sofa and switch on the tv. ‘Stay here and watch this until I stepped out of the kitchen. I’ll be the one cooking today.’ Doojoon said.

Reii wanted to argue but Doojoon cut her off. ‘Nu-uh, don’t even argue babe.’ Doojoon said as he waged a finger in front of Reii and gave a peck on Reii’s lip while she pouts unhappily.

‘Stay here and be good’ Doojoon said and patted Reii’s head. He gave a light chuckle seeing Reii pout unhappily before entering the kitchen again.

Doojoon put on the apron and looked through the fridge to see what he could cook with the ingredients available. *What shall we have today? Steak or Kimchi stew?* Doojoon thought.

‘Darling Western or Korean?’ Doojoon shouted from the kitchen.

‘Western’ Reii shouted back without looking back at Doojoon.

‘Steak it is then’ Doojoon said as he went to the fridge and took the steak out. He put it aside to let it defrost while he searched the cabinet to search for ingredients from the steak.

Meanwhile Reii was holding onto the remote controller constantly switching channels, bored to death. *I wonder whats he’s cooking?* Reii thought and an idea suddenly popped up in Reii’s mind. She put the remote down and walked towards kitchen.

When she was near the kitchen, she tip toe, making as less noise as possible, not wanting to be found out by Doojoon. Reii peeked at the side and smirk thinking that she could catch a glance and see what Doojoon was cooking without him knowing.

However before she could even step a foot into the kitchen, she was already found out by Doojoon. ‘Do you really think I wouldn’t know if you going to peek at what Im doing’ Doojoon said with his back facing Reii while making the sauce for steak. *Caught!* Reii pouted and sighed in defeat.

‘How would you even noticed Im here when I didn’t even make any noise?’ Reii said as she walked into the kitchen. Doojoon turned around and walked towards her. ‘Not a chance babe. Go outside and wait’ Doojoon said and pushed Reii out. Reii stood outside and pouted

‘But I want to see.’ Doojoon quickly give a peck on Reii’s lip ‘Just wait for awhile more okay? Be good, go back and watch tv’ Doojoon pushed her towards the living room. *No fair, Im always caught by him and he never gets caught by me* Reii pouted and sit down on the sofa. Doojoon shakes his head and chuckled and went into the kitchen after that. *That silly girl, getting more and more immature as she grown up*

 

 

From next chapter on, will all be their current state and Junhyung will be coming soon in 5 to 6 more chapters time :) I know you all been waiting for him to come out! ahhahas