Chapter 40 - Delivery

Timeless

‘Oh We’re running late!’ Junhyung looked at his watch and realized that they were going to be late. Junhyung cupped his hand beside his mouth and shouted a thank you to the ahjusshi, telling him that they were leaving before he grabbed Reii’s hand walked away from the plantation.

‘Why are you rushing? What are we late for?’ Reii asked as she followed blindly behind Junhyung, walking towards somewhere that only Junhyung himself knew of.

Without turning his head behind, Junhyung continued to fasten his pace. ‘Just follow me and be careful. I just hope that we’ll reach there on time’

After 15 minutes of walk, Junhyung settled themselves down on a bench up the hill. ‘It should happen soon’ Instead of making things clear for Reii, Junhyung just stared ahead. Reii followed Junhyung’s gaze and tried to figure out what Junhyung was talking about. A few minutes passed yet Reii couldn’t understand their motive of sitting here. There was nothing nice to look at. It was all trees and the huge plantation they were previously at some distance away away from them.

It was then that I noticed that the Sun was slowly setting away. My mouth slightly opened as I looked at the beautiful scene in front of me. ‘Its beautiful’ I watched as the Sun slowly set down. The color of the sky looked so different now that the Sun was setting. Junhyung turned his head around and looked at Reii who was admiring the sunset in front of her.

‘Its indeed beautiful’ Junhyung nodded yet he didn’t refer the sight of Sun setting was beautiful. He had mean Reii the one that was beautiful. Reii’s eyes were sparkling and she was smiling in awe and contentment because of the scene in front of her. Junhyung thought that this side of Reii was beautiful, he thought that it was even better than the sun setting in front of him. Seeing Reii smiled was the best thing for him. He wished that she could forever had that smiled on her face when she’s with him.

Reii turned around and both of them meet gazes with each other. *Why do I felt like he had been watching me all these while with those pair of eyes instead of looking at the Sunset?* Reii tilt her head in wonder while Junhyung quickly stood up, afraid of being caught.

Junhyung quickly cleared his throat, ‘Come on, lets get you home first. You must be uncomfortable since you’re sweating a lot just now. We still got a lot more to do’ Reii got up and followed Junhyung who was already walking away.

After Junhyung had sent Reii home, he went back home straight to a mall nearby before he rushed home to washup too. Reii had just came out from the bathroom when she heard the bell rang. She walked over and looked through the monitor to see a delivery man outside her door. ‘Are you Miss Reii?’ The delivery man asked when Reii opened the door. ‘Yes..?’ Reii warily nodded.

The delivery man held out a form towards Reii and asked her to sign. ‘Can you please sign here and here?’  the delivery man pointed out and Reii just followed suit. ‘Thank you. Here’s your mail’ The delivery man handed her a box before he left again.

*Why would anyone send me anything?’ Reii warily opened up the box to see a dress inside. She gasped as she saw the dress inside the box. She noticed a card inside the box too and took it out to read in an instant.

You like it? I hope you wear it for our date later. See you at 8.30 ^^

From: Junhyung

 

Reii smiled as she finished reading the letter. She picked up the dress and took a look at it. It was a navy blue sleeveless dress that had different sizes of jewels tracing around the side of the neck area. Without any second thought, she took the dress and went over to the bathroom to change. She did a check on her mirror and she love it even more. The dress was really beautiful, Reii couldn’t help wonder how much the dress had cost Junhyung. 

Seeing that she only had 30 minutes left, she walked into her to put on some makeup. She didn’t know why she would do that either. It had been such a long time since she used makeup. It had been such a long time since she wanted to look pretty in front of another person beside Doojoon, she somehow felt bad about it.

Junhyung managed to rush everything in time and he was now waiting outside of Reii’s shop. *I wonder how she’ll looked like with the dress I bought for her?* Junhyung was getting all excited about it. It was his first time picking a dress for a girl and he hoped that he was right for picking that dress.

‘Hey,’ Reii shyly said as she looked at the floor. She somehow felt shy wearing a dress in front of Junhyung. Junhyung pushed his thoughts aside and looked at Reii who was standing in front of him now.

*I know this dress would have suited her perfectly* He grinned, happy that he had picked the right dress. ‘You looked beautiful.’ Reii blushed as Junhyung approached her. ‘Thank you, you looked handsome yourself too’ Reii commented on the suit Junhyung had wore while Junhyung lightly chuckled at her comment. ‘Wow, Im praised by Miss Reii for the first time. Looks like Im in luck today’ Junhyung lightly joke while Reii replied him with a glare.

‘Lets go now, you must be hungry’ Junhyung opened the door for Reii and motion her in like a gentleman. Reii chuckled at his silly side, *Still as playful as ever*